Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 06:56 am
@BillRM,
More senile gibberish, you can't pick and choose. The problem isn't black gangs, it's racists like you who elect racist mayors and support racist police, and ridiculous gun laws.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 06:57 am
@BillRM,
I see you've dodged the question. How many dead children is enough?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:11 am
Time for comic relief.

How do you make a dead baby float?

8 ounces of Coke and two scoops of dead baby.
Ba da Bing!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:13 am
@Leadfoot,
With your gun laws there's a ready supply of dead babies for your macabre recipes.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

More senile gibberish, you can't pick and choose. The problem isn't black gangs, it's racists like you who elect racist mayors and support racist police, and ridiculous gun laws.

Considering your national origin and location, please explain why your opinion is worth even the tiniest bit of concern? Why don't you sod off and have a pint in your pub of ruffians.

Maybe this'll help.

Lawd above! Considerin' yaaahr nashunal origin an' locashun, please explain why yaaahr opinion is worf even da tiniest bi' ov concern? Why don't yew sod off an' 'ave a pin' in yaaahr pub ov ruffians., innit.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:34 am
@BillRM,
Knives in the US are less than 10% as deadly as guns. Bombs in the US have proven less than 10% as deadly as guns.

You implied knives were the same when you insisted on bringing them into the conversation in your defense of needing more and more guns.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:41 am
@McGentrix,
Considering your inability to formulate the most basic of arguments, why do you think slackjawed opinion is worth anything?

Try and write in English, not some pig ignorant fake patois that only exists in American cartoons.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Most homicides are single killings, so the inability to kill en masse does not prevent knives from being an effective stand-in for guns.

Let's assume for a moment that knives are just as effective as guns.
Less than 50% of homes have a gun in them. I would bet close to 100% of homes have some form of knife in them. If we accept that knives are as effective, then shouldn't half of all murders be committed with knives?
Even if we exclude murders during the course of other felonies, we are left with over 30% of murders should have been committed with knives. Only about 12% of murders are committed with knives.

We are left with 2 possible conclusions. Your argument that knives are just as deadly is wrong or people that own guns are much more likely to commit murder.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:49 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
A bomb can be trigger by a cell phone from the other side of the planet for that matter.

But the person has to be smart enough to build the bomb and make it work. I would bet less than 10% of the world would be able to do that on the first try. 90% of the world can pull the trigger on a gun without any training the first time the attempt to do it.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:50 am
@hawkeye10,
2 to 3 times the rate of murders in other 1st world countries is not "slightly elevated."
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
I thought it was here I saw your VW sign with an eagle on top.
Just want to inform that this signs are not made by VW or any other car factory in Germany and are not legal.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:19 am
@saab,
Thanks for pointing that out. This is where I posted it.

http://able2know.org/topic/294032-5#post-6043144
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:23 am
@parados,
Quote:
Knives in the US are less than 10% as deadly as guns. Bombs in the US have proven less than 10% as deadly as guns.

LOL you do know that guns have not figure into the two largest mass murders in US history!!!!!!

Nor does guns have anything to do with the record of the number of school children killed in the US in any one event.

So are we talking about mass murders or not?

Next homicide rates once more then the overall homicide rate in the US with all our guns is at a near 100 years low.

Quote:
You implied knives were the same when you insisted on bringing them into the conversation in your defense of needing more and more guns.

I implied? as in you can not attacked me for my statements then you made up statements to attacked by using the word implied.

You do not have any connection to the truth or honor it would seems.
BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:25 am
@parados,
Quote:
But the person has to be smart enough to build the bomb and make it work.

You mean that most people are not bright enough to follow plans of the internet?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:31 am
@BillRM,
Not without getting caught. I don't know what point you're trying to make, bombs and bomb making are illegal. There is no bomb culture in the US, and you have to go all the way back to the 1920s to find an example. Guns are the problem, not bombs, not knives, or dropping pianos on people for that matter.

Quote:
"Asim Kauser, a 25-year-old British man, has been jailed for two years and three months for downloading recipes on how to make bombs and the toxin ricin. Police discovered the materials on a USB stick Asim's father gave to them following a burglary at the Kauser family home. Asim pled guilty and claimed that he only downloaded the materials because he was curious. A North West Counter-Terrorism Unit spokesman said, 'I also want to stress that this case is not about policing people's freedom to browse the Internet. The materials that were downloaded were not stumbled upon by chance — these had to be searched for and contained very dangerous information that could have led to an explosive device being built.'"

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/01/27/176218/man-who-downloaded-bomb-recipes-jailed-for-2-years<br />
BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
you have to go all the way back to the 1920s to find an example.

My lord the second worst mass murder event in the US was a result of a bomb and it did not happen in the 1920s but to the year 1995.

Quote:
There is no bomb culture in the US,

Oh bombs had been employed for one reason or another for most of the history of the US.

Quote:
Not without getting caught.

One example of someone letting a USB stick laying around is not proof that anyone building a bomb will be caught.

Nor is the US under the same set of laws as the UK and having plans alone without concrete steps to build such a device is not illegal.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:51 am
@BillRM,
Making bomb manufacture illegal has stopped most bombing atrocities, so it makes sense to do the same with guns.

That's in effect what you're saying.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:02 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
With your gun laws there's a ready supply of dead babies for your macabre recipes.
I think the most dead baby event was from a bomb.

Speaking of bombs, it's almost November again and time to watch my favorite movie set in UK - "V for Vendetta". Did that movie resonate with Brits or just us blood thirsty Yanks?
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:10 am
@BillRM,
If we are talking mass murders then why the hell did you even bring up knives? I can't find a single mass killing of more than 5 by one person with a knife in the US.

As has already been pointed out, since the 1920s it has been very difficult for people to get TNT or other explosives. We have very strict regulations in place. Since the Oklahoma City bombing, regulations have been put in place for buying fertilizer. Try going to your local retailer and buying a ton of ammonium nitrate fertilizer if you don't believe me. Since we are talking about mass killings let's at least deal with regulations in place for bomb making.

Homicide rates are down for a number of reasons: reduction in drug killings, an aging population. Homicide rates are also down in many other countries so the US rates are still 2-5 times more than those countries.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:16 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

You mean that most people are not bright enough to follow plans of the internet?

Yes, I do mean that. Soldering is not as simple as watching an internet video. If you have ever built anything from the internet you would know that plans can be wrong or incomplete and the smallest mistake when building a bomb can cause the bomb to not work or for it to work very well when you are assembling it.

Not only would the majority not be able to make it work. Most people wouldn't have the ability to research and try to build it. A 2 year old can pick up a gun and pull a trigger but I doubt they could build a bomb. A 90 year old that has no idea what the internet is can pull a trigger but would not be able to find those instructions.