Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 11:58 am
@parados,
Quote:
Lovely misuse of the statistics. Unknown types of guns kill as many as knives. We have no way of knowing if all those are long guns or not.

My my four votes up for such a nonsensical posting.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 12:00 pm
@parados,
Quote:
One instance in the entire world of a knife in the last 15 years where more than 5 were killed?

Oh you mean that a fast google search is likely to find all such happenings!

Give me a break please from your silliness.

For that matter the time frame between examples does not change the examples given proving that mass murders can indeed be done using edge weapons with no firearms needed.

Firearms are surely a better tool for mass murders then knives as explosives had been proven to be a better tool then firearms but that was never the issue.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 12:34 pm
@BillRM,
I've noticed that in the past, they challange you or others to find proof of something and when you then find proof, they claim "you only found 1".

It's a typical response from those guys.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 12:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I've noticed that in the past, they challange you or others to find proof of something and when you then find proof, they claim "you only found 1".

It's a typical response from those guys.

I believe they have a manual that tells them that.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Any fans here?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/clap.gif
coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 01:23 pm
@wmwcjr,
That makes two of us.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/clap.gif
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 01:36 pm
People are tired of his ****.
Quote:

#OUTLAW Activity: People In Roseburg Rebel

From Breitbart, Lee Stranahan reporting, we learn [worth quoting in full]:

David Jaques, the publisher of the conservative newspaper the Roseburg Beacon, says he believes that President Obama would not be welcome to the town after making remarks politicizing the shooting that left nine dead and nine injured at Umpqua Community College on October 1. Jaques told Breitbart News that he believes officials of Douglas County would also not welcome the President using the tragedy to score political points for a gun control agenda.

Any visit by President would be “a campaign stop for agenda to take away American citizen’s right to own firearms” said Jaques in an exclusive interview.

Jaques said the region is proud of Sheriff John Hanlin, who he said “put the administration on notice that if you pass any laws, edicts or executive actions that are either unconstitutional or extra-constitutional, they will not be enforced in Douglas County.” Hanlin has been savaged by the liberal national press after his letter to Vice President Joe Biden opposing gun control came to light.

http://thecampofthesaints.org/2015/10/06/outlaw-activity-people-in-roseburg-rebel/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 01:48 pm
Obamas exaggerations and lies debunked. The guy(Obama) just can't help but lie. This is the guy Glitter(old)bag should help.

parados

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
@BillRM,
Fast google search? You mean it is so uncommon you can't recall any off the top of your head?
coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 02:52 pm
@coldjoint,
-5? Is it the truth that bothers you, can't be that. http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:02 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Fast google search? You mean it is so uncommon you can't recall any off the top of your head?

LOL the first one mention came from my memory as a matter of fact but one more so what as the point was never how common or uncommon using an edge weapon to do mass killings happen to be but that knives can indeed be used to do mass killings the same as guns and explosives and airplanes for that matter.
parados

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:31 pm
@BillRM,
A fast google of mass stabbings comes up with a wiki page similar to the one on mass shootings. There are very few perpetrated by one person where there are multiple fatalities. Most are in China where there was a spate of school stabbings in from 2010 to 2012. It looks like 3 that had 5 or more fatalities. In a country over 3 times our size.
parados

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:33 pm
@BillRM,
We are still at the conclusion that mass shootings occur at a rate much more than mass knivings do. Guns are much more dangerous and do a lot more damage. One needs only look at the FBI stats that were being used selectively to see the difference in the US. Guns kill at a rate over 10 times that of knives.
BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 04:04 pm
@parados,
Quote:
There are very few perpetrated by one person

Sorry none of that matter as the issue once more is can and have knives and other edge weapons been used in mass murders instead of others means such as firearms.

No one is claiming that edge weapons is the best or even common means of mass killings but in the "right" hands they had been proven more then capable of doing such killings.

BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 04:10 pm
@parados,
Quote:
We are still at the conclusion that mass shootings occur at a rate much more than mass knivings do.

Sorry but it does not matter how common or not common mass murders happen to be by edge weapons, like firearms and explosives they can and have been used for such evil deeds.

Footnote given that the 911 planes was taken over with box cutters those thousands of deaths can be claimed to be part of the mass murders done by edge weapons.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 09:15 pm
Look at the signs ready for Obamas visit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQq1Z0yVAAERH--.jpg

She is going to be madhttp://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/roflmao.gif

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2015/10/06/anti-obama-signs-already-showing-up-in-roseburg/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FireAndreaMitchell+%28Fire+Andrea+Mitchell!+Exposing+Liberal+bias+cause+the+MSM+doesn%27t+have+to.%29
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 09:25 pm
Mass shootings are defined as 4 or more killed, using this FBI criteria there have been 294 mass shooting so far in 2015. Obviously not all of these murders occur in schools, and I suppose it's pointless to provide the number of people massacred because this country worries more about unfettered access to guns than we do about small children and other people going to school or attending movies or just going to work or church.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 09:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
this country worries more about unfettered access to guns than we do about small children and other people going to school or attending movies or just going to work or church.

Yeah but look at the good they do for children. You know like teaching them about homosexuality and telling them it is normal. Also they get quite a bit of free birth control toys. And last but not least they learn all about Islam.

That is of course if they live through the pregnancy, and, as we know, in some cases if they live they will not be helped. The eyes of a child, can you look in them, I can.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 10:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I suppose it's pointless to provide the number of people massacred because this country worries more about unfettered access to guns than we do about small children and other people going to school or attending movies or just going to work or church.

An how would any law up to a complete ban on firearms change those figures?

There are repeat 300 millions plus firearms in this nation in private hands or more then one firearm per adult person in this nation.

Anyone, no matter what future laws might happen to be, could still get their hands on a firearm who wish to do so.

There is no shortage of firearms in Mexico for example in spite of very restricted guns laws.

All the government could do is made it harder for non-criminals to legally have firearms.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 10:53 pm
@glitterbag,
CJ, I actually did put you and Max on ignore, so I'll resist your post that follows mine/ I really can't assume you are responding to me, nor am I flattering myself but you have been quick to respond in the off chance you find it necessary to call me something unflattering. But, I promise I didn't read this last post. Whatever it is it will have to wait, even more honestly, I may never feel compelled to read your manafesto. I see Max as an incredibly semi-lucid broker, but his life experience can't help him because it is so stunted.

I don't wish either of you problems, I'll just be delighted if I can "actually" exchange ideas with people who know how to engage in real life exchanges. So I won't see anything you write for 3 weeks, I won't see Max for just a week, but he could rocket back to ignore depending on what he puts out there.

I don't hate anybody, but my ability and propensity to humor folks like Max are in short supply, I'm only passing this along for prep. I sincerely hope you boys recognize the written words and we can avoid any bile-boiling situations for me. So, the balls in your court, we either play honesty or it will be on. Pick your poison/
0 Replies