If You Support Israel, Join The Reverse Boycott

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 04:58 pm
The word apartheid was coined in South Africa years ago(1948). It means a separation of the races. Since Israelis and Palestinians are both Caucasians, use of it in Israel is just plain stupid.

As soon as I got word of the anti-israeli boycott, I organized a movement of my own among Jews. I began with the Orthodox who frequent soc.culture.jewish.moderated. It spread to Conservatives later on.A number of non-jews have also taken part.

We are conducting a reverse boycott. That means we change our buying habits to purchase as many goods made in Israel as we can, even if those goods are more expensive than the goods we used to buy.A list of Israel made goods was published on the Internet several years ago in soc.culture.jewish.moderated.
I distributed the list via email to numerous organizations with Jewish interests.

Actually, you don't need the list. Any product made in Israel will say so on it's packaging. Just read the labels.

Even if you are not Jewish, we invite you to join us.You need not be a Jew to support Israel's right to exist.

I have not seen any studies to determine the effect of the boycott or it's opponent, the reverse boycott. Regardless, many of us will continue to support Israel with every resource available to us.

Foofie

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 07:39 pm
It would make sense for those that boycott Israeli goods to stop using a cellphone, since the "chip" might be made in Israel. I wouldn't want anyone not to get a polio vaccine. However, I do think that anyone that wants to boycott Israel, and does not want to get polio, should at least have it on their conscience that Salk and Sabine, both Jews, discovered the vaccines.

Also, should Iran's nuclear deal be boycotted, since you know who discovered nuclear energy, a la E=MC2.

Boycotting Israel is really the essence of biting one's nose to spite one's face, in my opinion, since Jews do seem to have a penchant for innovation, and God bless those Gentiles, they do love innovation.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 08:26 pm
@Foofie,
You are making a big mistake there Foofie. Not all Jews think as you do. Einstein was a pacifist. There are many Jews who oppose the Israeli occupation in one way or another (there are many different Jewish views on the topic).

¨Einstien¨ wrote:
I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish state. Apart from the practical considerations, my awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain – especially from the development of a narrow nationalism within our own ranks, against which we have already had to fight without a Jewish state.

Neither Jonas Salk, nor Albert Einstein ever lived in Israel.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 11:44 pm
The Afrikaans word "apartheid" literally means "separatehood." It's synonymous with the word "segregation." It was used to refer to South Africa's policy of racial segregation.

In the case of the Zionist state the word "apartheid" is used to refer to the Zionists' discrimination against and oppression of the Palestinian peoples what with their strict control of the Palestinian population in Israel and the outright segregation of the Palestinian populations in the Gaza Strip and in the West Bank Areas A and B which amount to mega concentration camps.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 11:51 pm
@JoeBruno,
What is stupid is trying to justify Isralie inhumanity to man with worthless words. Israel is run by the most nazi like people since Hitler.
Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 01:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are making a big mistake there Foofie. Not all Jews think as you do. Einstein was a pacifist. There are many Jews who oppose the Israeli occupation in one way or another (there are many different Jewish views on the topic)...

...Neither Jonas Salk, nor Albert Einstein ever lived in Israel.

My concern is not with Jews, but with any Gentiles that may have the possible misconception that future innovations, that are useful, would still be available, since they will not be effected by Israeli Jews.

That is a false premise, since Jews go from the boroughs of NYC to the West Bank to make aliyah. With time, many Jews will assimilate into the surrounding Gentile culture, and others will have made aliyah. So, somewhere off in the future it would be a poor viewpoint to trivialize the innovations of Israeli Jews, since they might then be the only Jews. And, the descendants of those assimilated Jews, in western countries, might all be out on the golf course, since life is so much easier as an upscale Gentile. No?

But, in the meantime, those that are anti-Israel, just want their cake and eat it to, in my opinion, since they do use the innovations of Jews, disregarding that if the Nazis worked faster there would be no Jews anywhere. And, then the world would possibly just have the innovations of a few countries, since let's be honest, some cultures are just too laid back to effect modern innovations.

So, without a country, living as an "out-group" in many societies, Jews did manage to overcome the alienation directed at them, and contribute (innovations) to society. So, many think it makes sense to just take land away from them, since they got it in a war designed to annihilate them, and possibly persuade some Israelis to move to western countries, so they can contribute their energies there.

Do you not see the lack of gratitude? And, on second thought, how about giving Jews back their Ten Commandments, Old Testament, and most importantly the bagel with a schmear.

Oh yes, if you ever want to adopt polytheism, please do.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
@Foofie,
Let's try this again. Jew does not equal Israeli (in the modern sense). Israeli does not equal Jew. Jew does not even equal pro-Israel (as far as the modern nation state with defined militarily defended borders). For example Einstein was not pro-Israel in the modern sense of the word.

Jews don't all think alike. Do you at least understand this?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 02:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Also, Jews did not invent monotheism. Monotheism was around in several other cultures before the Jewish religion was developed.
Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 02:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Let's try this again. Jew does not equal Israeli (in the modern sense). Israeli does not equal Jew. Jew does not even equal pro-Israel (as far as the modern nation state with defined militarily defended borders). For example Einstein was not pro-Israel in the modern sense of the word.

Jews don't all think alike. Do you at least understand this?

Ah yes, Jews don't all think alike. Sure. Some Jews find Jewishness an irritating reminder of their not being Gentile. Some Jews embrace the religion. Some Jews embrace their ethnic identity in a secular manner (think Foofie). Some Jews move to Berlin, and think WWII was just a blip on the proverbial radar screen. Some Jews go to Israel for different reasons.

My thinking is just that many (and I do mean many) have a contempt for a Gentile world, that less than a century after the Final Solution, think that the proverbial lake that stocks Jews (think Israel) could be made smaller, so fewer Jews can live without the contemptuous attitude of many a Gentile.

So, the value of Israel maintaining its land, and any land obtained from a war, can help Jews get back to the world population size, that would exist if there had been no big Christian Jew Hunt that the Nazis moderated in WWII. It's real simple. There are 14 million Jews world-wide. No Final Solution it would have been 32 million, or so. And, the world is not running out of Arabs. So, for a very simple reason, in context of historical relations with Gentiles, Jews should hold onto the land they have and obtained through war. What's that reason? FOR SPITE! A possible Russian Jewish concept that is not known as well in the west.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 02:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Also, Jews did not invent monotheism. Monotheism was around in several other cultures before the Jewish religion was developed.

But, those cultures are defunct. Only Jews managed to survive. How? Not sure.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 03:24 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

Zoroastrians predate Jews as monotheists. They are still around (in fact I know a couple of them). Their ideas influenced the development of Judaism.
Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Zoroastrians predate Jews as monotheists. They are still around (in fact I know a couple of them). Their ideas influenced the development of Judaism.

You win a red lollipop. However, you did not reply to my posting that was just before your concern about who first contemplated monotheism. Can I assume you have no response to the possible reality that "for spite" may be a valid reason, in context of historical excesses in Europe?

If you notice Anglo-Saxons have four other homelands, actually, in case the UK developed entropy, so to speak. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the U.S. would let a shipload of Brits resettle in the U.S. (note understatement). And, those countries, filled to the rafters with white folks, did not really ask permission from the indigenous populations for such hospitality.

Jews have no other homeland. They were persona non-grata in Europe after the war, if not legally, by the actions of the people. So, my point again is that they have a right to hold onto TACTICAL land (in case of another war) that they are using effectively to build a population of Old Testament loving Hebrews. NOT YOUR GOAL? Indubitably!
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:32 am
@Foofie,
You seem to be saying that you view the United States as a homeland for White people (in the same way that you view Israel as a homeland for Jews).

Is that what you are saying, Foofie?

Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:53 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You seem to be saying that you view the United States as a homeland for White people (in the same way that you view Israel as a homeland for Jews).

Is that what you are saying, Foofie?

Not exactly. Israel is by definition a homeland for those Jews that have had their fill at the smorgasbord of Gentile culture. The U.S., having been a white Protestant from its inception, and in my opinion, is still owned and run by white Protestants, will always make room for homeless white Protestants. However, the country is not officially a homeland for white Protestants, nor is New Zealand, Canada, Australia, nor the UK. But, I do not believe white Protestants that find themselves as refugees would be turned away from these Commonwealth countries, or the U.S. Just my opinion.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:09 am
@Foofie,
I hate to point this out to you Foof but the majority of Mexicans and South Americans are not white protestant.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:16 am
@RABEL222,
The United States is a multicultural democracy. Everyone born in the borders of the United States, and the territories it controls, is a citizen and has equal rights, including the right to vote and own property. And we have evolved culturally to the point that we reject the idea that any race has supremacy over any other race.

What Israel is doing is wrong.
Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:12 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I hate to point this out to you Foof but the majority of Mexicans and South Americans are not white protestant.

Please do not engage me in discussion. Your thinking is quite fixed, in my opinion. And your comment above is a non-sequitor to what I have been saying. Again, be nice and don't engage me in discussion.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:17 am
@Foofie,
Really Foofie

1) You are responding to someone to tell them to not engage you in discussion...

2) and after telling them you don't want to be in a discussion you accuse them of their "thinking being fixed".

Double Irony! Cool.
Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:22 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The United States is a multicultural democracy. Everyone born in the borders of the United States, and the territories it controls, is a citizen and has equal rights, including the right to vote and own property. And we have evolved culturally to the point that we reject the idea that any race has supremacy over any other race.

What Israel is doing is wrong.

Arabs are Semites. Jews are Semites, though somewhat of a hybrid, due to history. It is a turf war, between distant relatives. It might be inappropriate to take sides, a la Syria.

And, while many diverse people are full-fledged citizens with all the rights of citizens, the wealth of this country (LAND/corporations) is still under the hegemony of white Protestants. I have no problem with that. So, I just see that while many people of color live comfortably, and many Catholics live comfortably, and many Jews live comfortably, white Protestants were here before others (at least as freemen) and own much of the land, and the big money corporations. I applaud it. I guess the history of Catholicism in Europe, and their lousy relationship to Jews still rings in my ears.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Really Foofie

1) You are responding to someone to tell them to not engage you in discussion...

2) and after telling them you don't want to be in a discussion you accuse them of their "thinking being fixed".

Double Irony! Cool.

Rank has its privilege. Something one learns in the military.
0 Replies