bobsal u1553115

Sun 3 Jul, 2016 11:09 pm
Fox News Shuts Down Comments On Malia Obama Post When They Realize How Racist Their Readers Are

Fox News reported that President Obama’s daughter, Malia, had elected to attend Harvard University after taking a year off from school. It seemed an innocuous enough story, but readers of Fox News proved nothing is off-limits when attacking a black president, his wife, and his children.
Fox News was forced to close the comment section when their readers began displaying their horrific racism for all the world to see. Addicting Info, however, caught screenshots.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/05/02/fox-news-shuts-down-comments-on-malia-obama-post-when-they-realize-how-racist-their-readers-are-video/
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
fox as the tv channel running Family Guy and American dad?!! Because those shows and some others seems like a parody of the "traditional stereotypes ways"?
Can´t believe people took such an innocent piece of news to show what a disturbed and cruel poor of human beings somebody can be
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:19 am
@momoends,
Fox tries to have its cake and eat it. The News section is extremely right wing, but the entertainment part goes the other way. Right wing comedy just isn't funny and good drama needs to be free of bullshit.
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:32 am
@izzythepush,
oh... wow.... quite the extremes, no? I´ll try to see foxnews on internet then...
(thank you for your explanation)
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:44 am
@momoends,
Murdoch only really cares about money, that's why he leaves the entertainment wing alone.

Quote:
Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel threatened to sue the makers of the Simpsons over a spoof news ticker, the show's creator Matt Groening has claimed.

Mr Groening said Fox News raised the unlikely prospect of suing a show broadcast by its sister channel, Fox Entertainment, because it wanted to stop the Simpsons parodying its famously anti-Democratic party agenda.

The alleged row centred on a parody of Fox News' rolling news ticker, which included headlines such as "Do Democrats cause cancer?"

Mr Groening said the news channel backed down because it would have caused Fox to bring a lawsuit against itself.

"Fox said they would sue the show and we called their bluff because we didn't think Rupert Murdoch would pay for Fox to sue itself. We got away with it," Mr Groening told National Public Radio in the US.

"But now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls [tickers] on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news," he added on NPR's Fresh Air programme.

The episode of the Simpsons in question showed a rolling news ticker at the bottom of the screen, which read: "Pointless news crawls up 37 per cent... Do Democrats cause cancer? Find out at foxnews.com... Rupert Murdoch: Terrific dancer... Dow down 5,000 points... Study: 92 per cent of Democrats are gay... JFK posthumously joins Republican Party... Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple..."

Fox News denied the channel had ever threatened legal action.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/oct/29/tvnews.internationalnews
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:54 am
@izzythepush,
OOOOOOKKKKKKKK.....just read two articles on fox nation website to confirm what you told be ..... YEP! quite EXTREME indeed... It´s surreal
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:56 am
@izzythepush,
hahahhaha.... told you, surreal!....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:17 am
@momoends,
America is far to the right of Europe on a lot of things. Look at the furore over Obamacare. We see UHC as a right, a lot of Americans see it as free stuff for freeloaders.
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:38 am
@izzythepush,
that´s quite difficult to understand for me: a country of the so called "first world" should have a UHC to ensure its citizens good health... you will always find certain limits to some procedures but honestly: i don´t consider anybody to be lucky to get free medicines.. it means you are ill
(well, it´s been a recent discovery here that some people from some countries take the medicines here for free and then they sell them on their country at exorbitant prices....)
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:42 am
@momoends,
When I went on holiday to Mexico there were queues of Americans trying to buy discount prescription medicine from Mexican chemists.
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:44 am
@izzythepush,
Ups....hahhhahaha
bobsal u1553115

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:42 am
@momoends,
Or in Canada, or even in Thailand. My parents traveled to Thailand for their dentistry and minor medical procedures, the treatment was first rate and the clinics had luxury hotels attached.

My dad still goes to Mexico for his dentistry.
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I suppose your parents would like a public medical care system to exist in the US, then?
It always cheaper to go to a country with a «inferior» coin value than yours, but asking for a public discount recipe that comes from the citizens tax paying?.... well, it just doesnt seem right
bobsal u1553115

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:04 am
@momoends,
Quote:
it just doesnt seem right

My parents are very wealthy and still have Cadillac health-care systems.

Oddly enough they are against national health-care.

{My mother passed a year ago last April.)

Curiously enough they were pleased with my health care from one of the largest socialized health systems in the world - the VA. Frankly, the VA is wonderful system and in my mind would be a good model of national health care.

And all those wonderful medical centers in Thailand are private for profits owned by the doctors that run them. They bring in millions of dollars and provide many high paying and highly educated jobs for Thais.

What doesn't seem right are all the people in this country who can not get any sort of medical treatment outside of emergency rooms. And its a huge number, maybe higher than the entire population of Spain.
momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thats exactly what i meant when i said «inferior» coin countries: everything its cheaper for us, you are not taking advantage just paying the usual prices
«not right»: i meant what we were told about americans in mexico - i say americans because it was thw example given, you can name any other nationality in that situation
I have an health assurance myself even though we have public health care system here, because i can afford it at the moment and some medical centers are overloaded with pacients who couldnt pay average health assurance monthly payment...
Thats what i meant: that health care principal goal is helping those who cant afford private medical services! Of course i could go and get my pills much cheapier but i dont pay taxes for my own benefit... all those people waiting should have affiordable medical assistance
0 Replies

momoends

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I dont know if this is how its said in english but im sorry for you loss
TheCobbler

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:52 am
Jailed for Life for Stealing a $159 Jacket? 3,200 Serving Life Without Parole For Non-Violent Crimes
http://butthatsnoneofmybusiness.com/jailed-life-stealing-159-jacket-3200-serving-life-without-parole-non-violent-crimes/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
I bet most of those drugs are to feed addictions and not for any real medical purpose. This is pathetic and this is only creating a bigger problem down the road.
TheCobbler

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:59 am
@izzythepush,
There are some parts of Europe that don't have marriage equality yet and for the most part our immigrants have assimilated into our culture and are not just an appendage that does not exactly fit.

We have a black president remember? Smile

True we are behind on healthcare but we are also the leaders in innovative healthcare worldwide.
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 10:43 am
@TheCobbler,
That's a lot of assumptions. I was staying at a family resort and the Americans in question didn't look or act like they were substance dependent.

Having said that you bring up another point.

Quote:
If Americans are so happy, then why do we consume 80 percent of the entire global supply of prescription painkillers? Less than 5 percent of the world’s population lives in this country, and yet we buy four-fifths of these highly addictive drugs.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/prescription-painkiller-epidemic-why-do-americans-consume-80-percent-of-all-prescription-painkillers