So Confused ?????

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 07:10 am
Well, me and my girlfriend have been dating for 4 years .We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment with her 19 year old son and her 16 year old daughter so yes it is a little cramped..But there is a situation now that i am not sure what i should or want to do . Her 16 year old daughter's best friend whom is is 15 is not being provided for by her mother and father.My girlfriend told me that she should take her in with us and i have no say in the situation.Is it bad for me to feel that it's not our place and to stay out of it? or if this does happen just to move out ? It's already a little struggle money wise help supporting her 2 kids since she gets no money and never has gotten help financially from there kids father.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:06 am
I don't blame you. In those close quarters, it could get very uncomfortable. The fact that your GF didn't talk to you about this is troubling. Hope she has not made any promises before you two settled this. It's a big responsibility.

Question: No other relatives for this girl to go to?

How about setting a deadline - 2 weeks - for her "stay"?

School starts in 3 weeks. A plan must be made for her.

Either get her parents involved or call CPS.

bwise1966

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:28 am
@PUNKEY,
It sure is a big responsibility and small living quarters would just be to much for me to handle but i still love my girlfriend but that would be to much for me.Nothing has been set in stone yet. She is living with her grandpa as of now but from what i heard there are to many people living there.I don't know of any other relatives she could go to. It's already a little stressful on me now as for our living quarters.I have mentioned to her about getting CPS involved but it seems like that went in one ear and out the other. My girlfriends 16 year old daughter keeps telling her mom that we should take her in and she can go to school with her which doesn't help the situation and of course Mom agrees. Thank you so much punkey for your input on this :-)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:31 am
@bwise1966,
In my opinion, your girlfriend is being unreasonable. I don't have a good sense about what to do about it.

Would you consider walking away from the relationship?
bwise1966

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:39 am
@maxdancona,
I agree also maxdancona that she is being unreasonable. I have considered walking away from the relationship if it does happen, but does that make me a bad person ??? and thanks for your input :-)
maxdancona

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:58 am
@bwise1966,
Why would it make you a bad person? People end relationships that don't work all the time.

A relationship exists by mutual consent. As soon as it stops working for either one of you, you are free to walk away.

In this particular case, she is making demands on you that most people wouldn't accept. I think most people, myself included, would consider this a more than legitimate reason to say 'enough'.
Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:59 am
@bwise1966,
No matter what, there has to be limits or boundaries one can allow in any committed relationship. No one is a bad person or unloving when they have to break up because the circumstances are no longer workable.

Sometimes circumstances can go beyond how much love one can muster. This living situation and the circumstances I'd find as unlivable and unacceptable. If she were take someone in...without having the financial means...that is behavior that is not reasonable or responsible. That girl needs her family and is their responsibility.

FWIW, CPS should be contacted if her living circumstances aren't suitable. however, your issue is that it wouldn't work for you. She also is acting unreasonably towards you thus giving you no choice. You should looking to find a new place to live if she is going to go that route.
bwise1966

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:26 am
@maxdancona,
You make a very good point !! I'll just wait and see what her decision is going to be and then do what i need to do..Thanks again maxdancona !
0 Replies

bwise1966

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:40 am
@Ragman,
I totally agree with you ragman. She needs to stay with her family,that is there responsibility and need to step up and do what needs to be done for her since she is only 15. You are completely right also that my girlfriend is acting unreasonably towards me about this. If it does go the route i think it might well then i'll be looking for a new place.
0 Replies