The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:48 pm
@whitebars,
I work hard to be respectful with people I disagree with. That makes life interesting... people who think the way I think can't teach me anything.

Many people here are angry with you because they think you are lying. They are accusing you of being a misogynist making feminist posts to stir up trouble. That is why they think you are me (which I find funny because first I am not a misogynist, and second I wouldn't do that kind of thing).

You are making some comments that could be considered as extreme. I don't have a problem with that.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:55 pm
@whitebars,
whitebars wrote:

Quote:
Mothers are still considered to be the primary caregivers of the children

That's because mothers are naturally better parents. It's just science.

I see your other post, but I have to run to the store before it closes. Can I respond to you a bit later?

Saying that women are better than men isn't equality. Equality means than men and women are equal.

Men and women should be considered equals in the workplace. Men and women should also be considered equals in families. Nature has nothing to do with the inequality we see in both realms.
hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You are making some comments that could be considered as extreme.

"mothers are better parents than fathers" seems designed to start a food fight. This is an oft debated subject and I am not aware of any science conscious on the matter.

I am not opposed to throwing rhetorical bombs, but some honesty in the effort is the civil approach.
0 Replies

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:38 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This means that women are paid as much as men

But why are women only paid .77 cents for every man's dollar then?

Quote:
men get custody of their children as much as women.

Women are naturally the optimal caregiver. This has much to do with biological reasons such as the fact that children came from the female's body. Also nursing plays a role in this. Maternal instincts are simply higher in females.

Quote:
women's abusive comments toward men are treated the same way that men's abusive comments toward women are treated.

But most women are not abusive. And that's why we see that physical violence is also directed more at women than at men. Also, women don't rape people.

Quote:
You are making some comments that could be considered as extreme.

All I'm doing is talking about what feminism is about. I suppose people also think the yes means yes law is "extreme" too? Well that is because of patriarchy and misogyny. That's all it boils down to. And people can call me names all they want. Women are not respected in society. *Edit, women are not given a voice in society. And rape is wrong. Rape would not exist without masculinity. Men certainly are important, but rape is wrong. And women are in large not believed when they come forward about sexual assault. My story is one example.

Quote:
Saying that women are better than men isn't equality.

Women are better parents than men. I didn't say women are better than men period. But the truth is that men do more awful things than women do. And this has been proven. Feminism is about giving women equal rights.
hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:53 pm
@whitebars,
Quote:
I didn't say women are better than men period. But the truth is that men do more awful things than women do.

But you are not saying "MEN SUCK!" Drunk
whitebars

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:07 am
@hawkeye10,
What is your point?
hawkeye10

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:29 am
@whitebars,
whitebars wrote:

What is your point?

you have a credibility problem
whitebars

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:31 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you have a credibility problem

How so? I have only stated facts.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:11 am
Cuddos to Max and Whitebars for getting this tread back on track.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:40 am
@whitebars,
I don't think anybody ever called Nonono or Max a man.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:43 am
@whitebars,
whitebars wrote:

That's a pile of horseshit. It all comes down to the individual. Some women are terrible parents.
whitebars

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
That's a pile of horseshit. It all comes down to the individual. Some women are terrible parents.

Statistically women are better parents than men are. That is a fact, because of nature vs. nurture.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

whitebars wrote:

I think she's saying "on average, women are better caregivers". It's probably true.
hawkeye10

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:19 am
@Olivier5,
nope

Quote:
. At this point no research supports
the widely held conviction that the gender of
parents matters for child well-being.

page 17
http://www.squareonemd.com/pdf/Does%20the%20Gender%20of%20Parents%20Matter%202010.pdf
whitebars

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:24 am
@hawkeye10,
I get the feeling that you downplay other people's feelings often. Why is that? Is it acceptable to you to find pleasure in other's suffering?
Olivier5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:39 am
@hawkeye10,
Just to be clear, I don't agree that women are (on average) better PARENTS than men. There are many sides to parenthood. Fathers are better at encouraging development, discovery and risk taking for instance, while mothers tend to be over-protective, at least in western cultures. (extensive use of broad brush here)

What I'm saying is that women CARE for their kids better (e.g. provide food, physical and emotional comfort, etc.), on average.
Olivier5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:45 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
What I'm saying is that women CARE for their kids better (e.g. provide food, physical and emotional comfort, etc.), on average.

This may not apply to Whitebars as far as male children are concerned though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:48 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I think she's saying "on average, women are better caregivers". It's probably true.

Whitebars can speak for itself. You're talking rot, using words like 'generally' or 'on average' would seem more reasonable. And Whitebars is a cartoon character, like Millie without a sense of humour.

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/108_tcs_millie1.jpg
hawkeye10

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:50 am
@whitebars,
whitebars wrote:

I get the feeling that you downplay other people's feelings often. Why is that? Is it acceptable to you to find pleasure in other's suffering?
whatever. I am however fine with proving you wrong. And for the record you being wrong has nothing to do with your feelings. Furthermore for the record your feelings are your problem, not mine.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:51 am
@izzythepush,
That's pretty ugly, as far as cartoon art goes.

I have explained my point, using terms like "on average". See latest posts.