The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Your niceness aint worth a damn if we cant talk honestly, if we cant be ourselves.

I don't need to indulge in baseless hatred in order to be myself and talk honestly, Hawk, and I'm quite certain you don't either.

We all gotta call our own road in our lives, you dont get to either call or assume mine. And if you dont like my ideas or my language then open your ******* mouth and come talk to me like I am a real person about what ever the words or ideas are that rub you wrong. Maybe we will learn, maybe we will better understand each other, maybe we will decide that we dont like each other. We will cross that bridge if we come to it. But you WILL NOT force or pressure me to either say what you want me to or believe what you want me to. Those are fighting words to a free man. And I will fight, as all of A2K must know by now. If I die fine, but I am going out doing the right thing.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:36 pm
Why are there seven pages of nothing to this thread? Whitebars is obviously a sock puppet.

I don't see any interesting discussion here about the topic of the thread, or about anything at all. I didn't read every post... but it seems to be the same old snipping and personal gripes as every other thread (although I did notice that my name came up).

Don't we have something better to do? There is obviously no point to this thread.

Or maybe none of us have lives.

hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don't see any interesting discussion here about the topic of the thread, or about anything at all.

Admitting ignorance is not normally a good call.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well Hawkeye, answer me this. What have you said on this thread that you think illuminates anything about the original story? What have you said that wasn't the same old bickering with the same old Able2know members that you always bicker with?

All I see here is seven pages of petty sniping... please point me to any post on this thread that you think is more than that.
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And if you dont like my ideas or my language then open your ******* mouth and come talk to me like I am a real person.

I talk to you like you are a real person, and indeed I don't like your ideas much.

Fight as much as you want. I think that fighting and hating are different things, and that hating a tad too much and a few too many people tends to blur one's judgement and makes of one a rather ineffective fighter. Too many windmills around.
hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Well Hawkeye, answer me this. What have you said on this thread that you think illuminates anything about the original story? What have you said that wasn't the same old bickering with the same old Able2know members that you always bicker with?

All I see here is seven pages of petty sniping... please point me to any post on this thread that you think is more than that.

Well the thing is this: if you dont like the conversation in a room then go somewhere else, and dont be a rude ************ and complain about the conversation or the people in the room as you get the **** out.

Sometimes I think you are a decent guy, and then other times you are one giant prick.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
and that hating a tad too much and a few too many people tends to blur one's judgement and makes of one a rather ineffective fighter. Too many windmills around.

Then you probably want to be doing something else. But DO NOT assume that other people either do or should think like you do, do as you do. This is how this works buddy: you run your live and I'll run my life, and if I want your help then I will ask but otherwise unless you have a really good reason stay the **** out of my way, and keep your opinions about things that are none of your business to yourself. You never had the right to demand that your environment is free of words and ideas that you dont approve of, so stop bitching about how you dont like my words or ideas. Take up a counter argument to the ideas for sure if you want, but leave me out of it. If you dont like my words then shut your ears or go away, but Jesus ******* Christ stop sniveling.

Got it?
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
I never asked you to do anything differently. That's another windmill.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
But you WILL NOT force or pressure me to either say what you want me to or believe what you want me to. Those are fighting words to a free man. And I will fight, as all of A2K must know by now. If I die fine, but I am going out doing the right thing.

This is priceless. You don't think the above is a teensy bit overblown, considering that all you're doing is arguing with a Frenchman on the internet?

hawkeye10 wrote:
If I die fine,

How do you think you might die, a bit of over ripe camembert?
0 Replies

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There is obviously no point to this thread.

There is a point to this thread and it's been clearly stated. But instead everyone commenting has been attacking me and calling me a man.

maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:01 pm
@whitebars,
If your point to this thread is to get everyone to snipe at each other, then you have succeeded. If your point is to have a meaningful conversation on this case or the issues surrounding it, then I would say you have failed.

From reading your initial post, it didn't seem like the latter was your intent.

If you are for real, your views are so extreme that even people who should be on your side are assuming you are lying.

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
your views are so extreme

What, exactly is "extreme" about wanting reparations for how women have been treated throughout history?

It seems to me that what I've been saying has made you uncomfortable. Why is that? Do you hold misogynist attitudes? That's a question.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:12 pm
@whitebars,
Quote:
What, exactly is "extreme" about wanting reparations for how women have been treated throughout history?

I can't answer that. You will have to ask Izzythepush. He is the one who accused you of being me (impersonating a crazy feminist so I could score points).

You aren't making me uncomfortable. I enjoy your posts.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:18 pm
@whitebars,
To answer your questions, I believe that men and women should be treated equally. Gender roles that have favored men should be challenged as well as gender roles that have favored women. I don't accept any expression of feminism that contradicts equality. In my opinion, feminism in the US is not about equality, but about policies that perpetuate gender stereotypes that favor women.

The article in your original post is a good example of this. Abusive posts toward men are acceptable and even laudable.. where abusive posts toward women are intolerable.

This explains my signature. If feminism were about equality, I would be a feminist. As it is, I consider myself an anti-feminist.

0 Replies

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You aren't making me uncomfortable. I enjoy your posts.

Well thank you, but why did you say that this thread is about nothing then?

Quote:
I consider myself an anti-feminist.

Oh, I see.

Quote:
If feminism were about equality,

The definition of the word feminism is equality. Perhaps you simply aren't familiar with what feminism is really all about. But what it is is an equality movement to counter the patriarchy.

Quote:
Abusive posts toward men are acceptable and even laudable.. where abusive posts toward women are intolerable.

But men have always had all the power in society. The threats and violence that men commit are much more real and abusive than when women simply fight back against the misogynist culture. Women on the whole don't commit as many crimes as men. Women on the whole aren't abusive like men.

Quote:
I don't accept any expression of feminism that contradicts equality.

But can we at least agree that in order for things to be equal that women deserve more rights. And that there isn't much support for women in our culture? Can we at least agree on that? I'm trying to not be combative, and instead am trying to help you understand.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:36 pm
@whitebars,
I can't tell if you are real or not. In one post you seem to say you are not a woman. In another you say that you have a vagina. And you get the most extreme feminists on this forum to accuse you of being an anti-feminist in sheeps clothing.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:39 pm
@whitebars,
There are ways that men have been disadvantaged by society. Custody is an important example... Mothers are still considered to be the primary caregivers of the children and that men get "visitation". This is very unfair in my experience.

Do you agree that we should also correct these injustices?

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In one post you seem to say you are not a woman.

I never said any such thing.

Quote:
And you get the most extreme feminists on this forum to accuse you of being an anti-feminist in sheeps clothing.

Which ones are they? I'm confused because everyone seems angered by me. I'm just being myself.

I appreciated the way you were being polite to me in that other post. But I don't appreciate being called a man.
maxdancona

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:42 pm
@whitebars,
I also think that "equality" and "countering the patriarchy" are contradictory.

Equality means that each person is treated the same no matter what their gender. This means that women are paid as much as men and that men get custody of their children as much as women. And this means that women's abusive comments toward men are treated the same way that men's abusive comments toward women are treated.

I believe in equality.
0 Replies

whitebars

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Mothers are still considered to be the primary caregivers of the children

That's because mothers are naturally better parents. It's just science.

I see your other post, but I have to run to the store before it closes. Can I respond to you a bit later?