The media is misreporting this. This misogynist man deserves to go to jail.

izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Just saying, the love you give is equal to the love you get. Treat other posters nicely if you care to be treated nicely. It's all very simple.

That's not a problem I have.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f0/f4/9c/f0f49c0a1fbb83b922ffea38bed3b988.jpg
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:37 am
@izzythepush,
You're either part of the problem or you're part of the solution. You Izzy are a BIG part of the problem.

Tell you what: if you sincerely apologize to the dozens of posters you routinely insult to no end on A2K, I will sincerely apologize for responding "LOL" to you. How about that?
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:45 am
@Olivier5,
You're starting to sound like Max. You got a bloody nose so now you're trying to get people to play nice. It's insincere and reeks of desperation. You can insult me as much as you like, it doesn't bother me because I'm so much better at it than you.

Or you can continue with the whiny little bitch act. It's all the same to me.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:07 am
@Olivier5,
If they aren't listening, why are they responding?
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:19 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You can insult me as much as you like, it doesn't bother me because I'm so much better at it than you.

I grant you that: you're much better at it than I am. Keep spewing it out... It's in my advantage, in the end.
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:21 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Firefly wants to lecture other people. That's all she is interested in, as far as I can see. It's one way. Izzy is a bit different, he wants to insult and otherwise belittle other people in order to antagonize them and draw them into a fight, which he gets a kick out of. That's why they are responding, if you ask me.
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It's in my advantage, in the end.

You think it's to your advantage to begin with bombast and bluster then scurry away with your tail between your legs.

That's how you like to portray yourself?
bobsal u1553115

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:27 am
@Olivier5,
They're responding because they're listening. They're listening because both fyrefly and izzy have important things to say. Both of them have made made me a bit less stupid many, many times.
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:31 am
@Olivier5,
Firefly is a very intelligent and articulate woman. She is very well informed and knows exactly what she's talking about.

You are wrong, and you've been shown to be wrong quite a lot recently, so instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong you've gone into sulky teenager mode.

I only insult bloody idiots, bigots and those with their heads so far up their arses they can do their own dentistry.

It's a guilty pleasure, but it makes me, and others, laugh.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:34 am
@izzythepush,
I love you too, honey.
foundednotlost

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:35 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Firefly wants to lecture other people

I'm an admirer of Firefly. In my personal opinion, she is one of the most articulate and perceptive posters on this board; she does not try to put others down to make herself look good.
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
We all have important things to say, bob.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:42 am
@Olivier5,
Well that's obvious, otherwise why would you act like such a perfect stooge.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 09:15 am
@foundednotlost,
Every one of us is a two-faced Janus: the face (or attitude) we show to those we agree with is not the same as the one we show to those we disagree with. You and I have agreed on somethings and disagreed on others, I think, so we have experienced both "faces". I haven't interacted with Firefly on an issue we agreed upon, if memory serves, but I agree she can be articulate and smart. My issue with her here is that she never tried to understand my POV when in a disagreement. She just tries to push back on it. Hence my "whatever" reply upthread. Comes a moment when i am tired to try and explain something -- in this case the fact that Whitebars may very well be exactly who she says she is.
foundednotlost

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:16 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Every one of us is a two-faced Janus: the face (or attitude) we show to those we agree with is not the same as the one we show to those we disagree with.

There is no perfect poster, as we all have our little idiosyncrasies. It's often difficult for us to look at ourselves objectively, without bias. I have read your posts, and for the most part, believe you to be an intelligent poster with an excellent inquiring mind....you tend to be a little on the argumentative side, but hey that's your thing, and you are just one of the many diverse posters that make this board so highly interesting.

With respect to Firefly, in my personal opinion, her intelligence is above average with the ability to analyze detail while enlightening others in the process. I remember well her posts on the Trayvon Martin case, the Adam Lanzer case where she posted about the 20 little angels killed in a Connecticut school. Firefly is not one's ordinary poster.

Quote:
in this case the fact that Whitebars may very well be exactly who she says she is.

As to the poster "Whitebars", it is possible the poster is who he/she claim to be; however, it's difficult for me to take that poster seriously because the persona fits the classical profile of a troll. All one has to do is look at his/her tags to get a whiff as to where the poster's mind is at.
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:33 am
@foundednotlost,
foundednotlost wrote:
....you tend to be a little on the argumentative side,

I've noticed that. He needs to calm down or he'll give himself an ulcer. I'm glad I'm not like that.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:36 am
@foundednotlost,
Quote:
As to the poster "Whitebars", it is possible the poster is who he/she claim to be; however, it's difficult for me to take that poster seriously because the persona fits the classical profile of a troll. All one has to do is look at his/her tags to get a whiff as to where the poster's mind is at.

I think she's obnoxious and near brain-dead when it comes to men. She has no intelligence or appreciation for our gender. But i see no reason to doubt her when she describe herself as a (female) feminist with a master's degree in gender studies. I find people who think of her as CERTAINLY a male sock-puppet facile, misinformed and naïve; they think no female could be that obnoxious, hence Whitebars must be a male. That's projecting a gender-based stereotype: that females are always lady-like...

I've been on the receiving end of such cliché-inspired paranoia myself. Frank and Lordy were/still are certain I can't be French because my English is apparently too good. As if no Frenchman could possibly get some foreign language skills... Just another baseless stereotype. As for me, i don't waste time second-guessing who other posters are.
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 11:41 am
@Olivier5,
I think you're French.
Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Good for you, honey.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Your niceness aint worth a damn if we cant talk honestly, if we cant be ourselves.

I don't need to indulge in baseless hatred in order to be myself and talk honestly, Hawk, and I'm quite certain you don't either.