Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

Leadfoot

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:23 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Quote:

Why does anyone who speaks of Satans deceptions die of an overdose ?

Who knew! So THAT'S what Robin Williams, Elvis, & Philip Hoffman were trying to say...
hingehead

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, you are such a stoner.
izzythepush

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:32 pm
@hingehead,
I wondered where that came from, for a moment I'd forgotten what I'd posted.
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 05:38 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yeah think about Robin Williams

Family guy aired an episode involving Robin Williams and suicide BEFORE he "commited suicide."

These people were murdered to cover things up.
mesquite

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 07:05 pm
@hingehead,
Yeah, I thought so. I just wanted to spell it out for 3Johns who appears to be unfamiliar with major portions of the Bible.
Johnjohnjohn

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:21 pm
@mesquite,
Oh I am huh ...

Where did I speak about anyone bowing down to anyone other than God?
mesquite

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 11:19 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Oh I am huh ...

Where did I speak about anyone bowing down to anyone other than God?

The portion of the 2nd commandment that I wanted to draw your attention to had to do with punishment of children, "For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me"

You seem to be having trouble keeping up, so let me recap it for you.

Johnjohnjohn wrote:
Slavery is slavery.

Also in the bible it's a punishment , not an act of racism.

then mesquite wrote:

Punishment for what, being born??

Deu 20:10“As you approach a town to attack it, you must first offer its people terms for peace.
Deu 20:11If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.

Lev 25:44“However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you.
Lev 25:45You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property,
Lev 25:46passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way. (sounds racist to me)

Num 31:17So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man.
Num 31:18Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
Num 31:27Then divide the plunder into two parts, and give half to the men who fought the battle and half to the rest of the people...
Num 31:36Half of the plunder was given to the fighting men. It totaled 337,500 sheep and goats...
Num 31:40and 16,000 virgin girls, of whom 32 were the LORD’s share.

then hingehead wrote:
b) what have the children of slaves done that are to be punished by a life of slavery?

then mesquite wrote:
Exodus 20:5 (part of the 2nd commandment) provides a clue. "you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me"
neologist

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 12:56 am
In a few minutes, it will be another day here in Seattle.
At this point I believe there is a God.
Let's see how long that opinion holds court. Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 02:38 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Yeah think about Robin Williams

Family guy aired an episode involving Robin Williams and suicide BEFORE he "commited suicide."

They also aired an episode that the Y2K computer virus would destroy civilisation BEFORE o1/01/2000, when it never happened.
Frank Apisa

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 02:46 am
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3132/2703990362_625b171013.jpg

Yet one more day when we do not know if gods exist or not!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 07:06 am
So is JJJ just an embarrassing spokesman for God or a double agent?

Oh Cripes! I'm sounding just as nutty!!
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:29 am
@izzythepush,
So just because they did that it all of a sudden makes them making an episode about one person out of the millions of celebrities commiting suicide right before their death a coincidence?
izzythepush

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:36 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Either Family Guy is run by people with links to the CIA so perfect that can predict the future with unfailing accuracy or it's just a coincidence which it is. The fact that you're referencing a cartoon to prove an imaginary point shows you're clutching at straws.
Johnjohnjohn

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:23 am
@mesquite,
Deut refers to waging war, not attacking the innocent.

As for slavery, God has a reason for everything.

Because they understood the meaning of physical slavery, the truth of their slavery to sin and their need to be saved and redeemed can be made visible for all to see and understand.

Lol why would he want people to serve anyone other than him ? ( slave masters)
Johnjohnjohn

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:25 am
@izzythepush,
People have a way of hiding things ..

They have predicted more than just Robin William's death ..

Expect the unexpected, it helps.
izzythepush

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 10:11 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Like you've tried to hide from reality.
mesquite

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 10:38 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
As expected you do not have an answer to my example that OT slavery is racist, or Hingehead's question, "what have the children of slaves done that are to be punished by a life of slavery?"
Johnjohnjohn

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Seems like that's you

Turn to GOD
izzythepush

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 12:37 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
What, the god of necrophilia? Nobody needs that.
Johnjohnjohn

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 12:43 pm
@mesquite,
You're right I don't have the answer.

All I know is that in giving laws about slavery, God doesn't mean it is good. Infact, he thinks it is bad. Do you ever hear someone say you're too healthy, so go a little less healthy? What about someone saying your dishes are too clean, add stains to it?

God also says he doesn't like divorce. Just because it's practiced doesn't mean its God's will.