Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

izzythepush

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 01:37 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

Can you explain your definition of "god"or "gods"

They all seem to be quite hairy. Not a lot of bald gods knocking about. That's probably why bald men have such a rough deal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh...I did see that...and viewed it...and thought it was very funny. (Sorry I forgot to comment.)

I would love to have known what Trump was thinking while that was going on.

He's gonna see more and more of the shenanigans that a personality like his provokes.

I also suspect that the damage Trump will do to the GOP has already been done. The fact that 20+ percent of them view Trump favorably as a candidate says more about the GOP...than does Trump himself.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 05:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think Lord Jesus is the true spirit of God, amazing teacher he is. Very honourable and family-like. It seems quite strange when you read all the talk on science belonging to atheism, but if you look up Christian scientists of the modern age most of them were Christians or had Christian backgrounds, like Galileo, Newton, Volta, Euler, Boyle, Faraday, the list goes on. A peculiar coincidence anyway.
Frank Apisa

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 06:00 pm
@Amoh5,
As many of the regulars know (since I have talked about it often)...one of my finest memories...is the day I served Mass in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.

Just throwing that out there, since you were raised a Catholic.

And I had an audience (general audience) with Pius XII.

So although I am an agnostic now...and often take great exception to organized religion...I can still feel pride in things like that.
Amoh5

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 07:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You must have had the same Cathloic upbringing as me with a parential iron fist, do as your told or else a thrashing is your other only option. Thats amazing that you have actually been to the Vatican, especially in the prescence of Pope Pius XII, I am only 47yrs old very young next to you. I can't afford a trip to the Vatican at the moment, maybe someday. A lot of historical artefacts over there. But i must say that only priests are allowed to do the Mass, but maybe you are meaning you were giving out the wafers and wine as a Eucharistic Minister? I'm not trying to belittle atheists or anything like that, there are probably a lot of decent beautiful and very intelligent atheists out there, i mean all groups have their good, the bad and the ugly even theists. But its good to share info and opinions in goodwill and faith.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 02:17 am
@Amoh5,
I said I served Mass in St. Peter's Basilica...and I meant I served Mass in St. Peter's Basilica. A server at Mass is an altar boy...although I was not a boy. I was 20 years old...serving in the US Air Force at the time.

Amoh5

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 02:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sounds like you have lived an interesting and fulfilling life, theres still more to come i suspect. What did you think of the two interpretations of god that i described? You are probably familiar with them or seen them somewhere during your life.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 02:50 am
@Amoh5,
I'm not especially impressed with anyone's "interpretations" or "descriptions" of any supposed gods.

If people want to guess there are gods...and want to guess about their qualities...fine with me.

But guesses are guesses.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 02:53 am
http://cdn9.staztic.com/app/a/723/723916/beautiful-dog-wallpapers-hd-694364-0-s-307x512.jpg

Yet one more day where we do not know if gods exist or not.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 02:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you for the sharing of your thoughts and time Frank, good chatting with you, i wish you all the best
InfraBlue

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 07:54 am
mark
0 Replies

timur

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 12:00 pm
@Amoh5,
You really don't know what you are talking about..
Amoh5

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 04:00 pm
@timur,
I am a Christian and my allegiance belongs to Lord Jesus only, so ultimately i do not care what you think or anyone else for that matter as far my thoughts go on psychology or religion. I only care about what Lord Jesus thinks whether you think he existed or not, or hes a fairy tale etc etc. But the intelligence of Lord Jesus works for me, therefore whatever keeps us well and thriving must be good whether people go along with us or not. But i have thought about why people have different perceptions on psychology, it seems quite strange, and i concluded that its because we all have different experiences which determines our perceptions of things. But like Frank would say, thats fine... So i think whatever works for you. By the way, have you googled modern age scientists? Most of them are devout Christians or have Christian backgrounds, so who is being rational or irrational?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 02:48 am
https://whatcanilearntoday.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/great-pyramid.jpg

Another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not!
HesDeltanCaptain

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 08:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have no doubt there are beings in the rather large universe humans would describe as gods. Whether they've been here triggering our religious lives or not I don't know. I hope not. If they are responsible they're not very competant gods. Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 06:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You were there when that was built. Right, Frank?
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You were there when that was built. Right, Frank?

Hummm.

There are times I feel that old.

I gotta say that the pyramids absolutely fascinate me...and I greatly regret that I never got to see them in person.

That picture is a great one to roam through, isn't it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:08 am
http://hpwallpaperku.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Beach-Sunrise-Wallpaper2.jpg

Hi, Everyone.

Yet another day where we do not know if gods exist or not!
izzythepush

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Arnhem Holland.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLqkeRQWgAABLh7.jpg
Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:18 am
@izzythepush,
Cool!

Love the street!