20
   

Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

 
 
Amoh5
 
  2  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Can you explain your definition of "god"or "gods" I think its amazing that people use these words yet they have no definitions or understanding. So how can one reason whether a god or gods exist or not?
33export
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:20 pm
@Amoh5,
In This Sign you shall conquer...

http://comps.gograph.com/3d-dollar_gg56565003.jpg

sayeth the almighty Lord to emperor Constantine.(In Hoc Signum, to be exact.)


Amoh5
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:46 pm
@33export,
Yip! conquer my bills with the almighty dollar! I'm not sure about the vision of Constantine though
0 Replies
 
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 09:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is a rejection of subjectivity. Another day we do not know as "fact" if Britney Spears is beatiful or ugly. It is not a factual issue.

The existence of God, like the beauty of Britney, is a matter of opinion. With opinions you reach the conclusion by expression of your emotions with free will, thus choosing the answer. One believes in God or not, one is not forced by evidence on the issue. That is why the word faith is almost interchangeable with the word religion.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 01:52 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

Can you explain your definition of "god"or "gods" I think its amazing that people use these words yet they have no definitions or understanding. So how can one reason whether a god or gods exist or not?


Ahhh...much better to allow you to be amazed, Amoh.

Why would I spoil that?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 01:54 pm
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

It is a rejection of subjectivity. Another day we do not know as "fact" if Britney Spears is beatiful or ugly. It is not a factual issue.

The existence of God, like the beauty of Britney, is a matter of opinion. With opinions you reach the conclusion by expression of your emotions with free will, thus choosing the answer. One believes in God or not, one is not forced by evidence on the issue. That is why the word faith is almost interchangeable with the word religion.


If that is what you think, Syamsu...fine with me.

No matter:

Today is another day where we do not know if any gods exist or not.
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 02:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
atheism, communism, nazism, post-modernism, materialism etc.

Alll these are the same in that they provide no room for subjectivity. That is why the hollywood stereotypes of people that believe such things are all smug and arrogant, because somewhere in their rejection of subjectivity they profess to know what is good and evil as fact.
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

atheism, communism, nazism, post-modernism, materialism etc.

Alll these are the same in that they provide no room for subjectivity. That is why the hollywood stereotypes of people that believe such things are all smug and arrogant, because somewhere in their rejection of subjectivity they profess to know what is good and evil as fact.


I do not reject subjectivity, Syamsu, and, respectfully as possible, I have no idea of what your point is.
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 03:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The point is that you reject subjectivity. Or so to say, at some intellectual level, you reject expressions about what is good, loving and beautiful as wrong, simply because they are not facts but opinions.

That is why you make a topic titled we do not know God exists or not. You put God in the fact category, it means you reject the opinion category.
Amoh5
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 05:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
We all know from a general academic definition that god is male immortality like goddess is female immortality. So you are merely asking me, does male immortality exist or not?
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 08:52 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
We all know from a general academic definition that god is male immortality . . .
Really?
Who could have known?
Amoh5
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 09:32 pm
@neologist,
Mickey mouse perhaps???
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 02:29 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

The point is that you reject subjectivity. Or so to say, at some intellectual level, you reject expressions about what is good, loving and beautiful as wrong, simply because they are not facts but opinions.

That is why you make a topic titled we do not know God exists or not. You put God in the fact category, it means you reject the opinion category.


I do not.

You simply are stating that.

But if it makes you happy to think that...fine.

I might suggest you can find greater happiness. There is another thread that tells us "Another day when there is no god." Go over there and talk to the people in that thread about this.

http://able2know.org/topic/273517-1



0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 02:30 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

We all know from a general academic definition that god is male immortality like goddess is female immortality. So you are merely asking me, does male immortality exist or not?


Well...if I had wanted to ask you that, I would have titled my thread: Does male immortality exist or not?

I didn't.

0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 02:54 am
http://cdn.desktopwallpapers4.me/wallpapers/nature/1920x1200/1/8269-japanese-garden-1920x1200-nature-wallpaper.jpg
Amoh5
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 04:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
But seriously I think you are a sensible happy go lucky guy, the type I like talking to, sharing opinions and info. I think you got pushed to the brink with that horrible photo though, we're only human I guess. But i do find that on these forums there are a lot of manic sad people that tune in, and they're out to make others feel the same way, very sad indeed. I too was brought up in the church(Catholic that is) and was directed in this way with the parential iron fist. But I never took church seriously because it was something I was told to do OR ElSE. I too questioned the "God scenario" I found a physical interpretation and a spiritual one. The physical interpretation of god or male immortality is an Old World definition which is the "sky" or sky father (sounds like heavenly father in the New Testament too) in relation to the earth mother(or female immortality that is) which is found in cultures like the NZ Maoris and the Native Americans etc etc. The spiritual interpretation of God I found was in the New Testament where Lord Jesus says God is spirit, and the father which consists of human family values and morals. I think his father way or ethics is the same as the family, if its not the family way then its not the way of the father or vice-versa. And thats when I became a Christian... ... i don't think I have to explain the hollywood interpretation...??
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 04:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Did you look at my Donald Trump video Frank? I wouldn't say you'd appreciate it if I didn't think you'd appreciate it.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Did you look at my Donald Trump video Frank? I wouldn't say you'd appreciate it if I didn't think you'd appreciate it.


Honestly didn't, Izzy. I almost NEVER look at any video's offered. But now I want to...but cannot find it. Please link to it again...and I will look at it.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 11:26 am
@Amoh5,
Thank you, Amoh.

I am a very happy, content individual. Life is great.

I also was raised Catholic...but in my early 20's realized that I could not buy into any of that kind of thing.

I thought about atheism for a very short while...but agnosticism obviously was my thing...and my personal agnosticism is where I am at.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
 

Related Topics

Another day when there is no God - Discussion by edgarblythe
Is "God" just our conscience? - Question by Groomers123
believe in god! - Question by roammer
The existence of God - Question by jwagner
Are Gods Judgments righteous? - Discussion by Smileyrius
What did God do on Day 8? - Question by HesDeltanCaptain
What do you think about world? - Question by Joona
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/26/2021 at 11:51:13