When you spot someone in public who turned you down on a dating site?

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:11 pm
I saw someone today who turned me down POF.com . I didnt know who she was at 1st then I remembered her pics on pof I thought she was alot beautiful in person. I wanted to introduce myself to her but I didnt know what the reaction is going to be. Now I'm afraid to spot others that turned me down on pof.

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:15 pm
@singlesucks13,
You don't know this woman. Do not stop and talk to her. I mean, seriously, what are you expecting would be the reaction? Because it's highly unlikely she will suddenly see the error of her ways. It is far more likely that she'd be creeped out by the online and offline worlds colliding.

Let. It. Go.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:20 pm
@jespah,
She was from 5 months ago from when we talked, I'm really hoping if we see each other again, she wouldnt remember me from POF, and could actually talk to her and maybe go on a date with her.
Krumple

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:35 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

She was from 5 months ago from when we talked, I'm really hoping if we see each other again, she wouldnt remember me from POF, and could actually talk to her and maybe go on a date with her.

Some fish are just too pretty for certain fishermen to catch..
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:44 pm
@Krumple,
The point is now I'm afraid to see any of the girls that turned me down on POF. Should I actually talk to one of them? Chances that it goes good are 50/50 for me.
dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:56 pm
@singlesucks13,
I'm beginning to see why they turned you down if you behave on dating sites as you are presenting yourself here.

They Didn't Want To Go Out With You

No, you shouldn't talk to them
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:57 pm
@singlesucks13,
Are you a different person than you were when they turned you down?

_______

Why not work on meeting people in person instead of on a dating site?
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
I am a different person. I'm was really shocked though that she turned me down in the 1st place. I tried facebook to meet girls. And they turned me down on there too.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:09 pm
@dlowan,
I am a pretty nice person to talk to. I dont know why they should turn me down. I'm not like half of these jerk guys who treat girls like garbage.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:09 pm
@singlesucks13,
In person. Have you joined any clubs, started any sports activities, volunteered for anything since your last question?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:11 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

I am a pretty nice person to talk to.

you may be very nice to talk to in person, but it may not come across the same way online
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm looking for a pick-up soccer league maybe co-ed.
singlesucks13

@ehBeth,
How do I sound online? I hope I dont sound like a jerk Sad
0 Replies

Krumple

@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

The point is now I'm afraid to see any of the girls that turned me down on POF. Should I actually talk to one of them? Chances that it goes good are 50/50 for me.

You say 50/50 as if you KNOW why they turned you down. Do you know? If you don't then how can you say it's 50/50? If they have already turned you down, what makes you think they wouldn't do it again once they realize they already turned you down on POF?

Something tells me you are taking these personally since you are only focused on the girls who have turned you down. What about the ones who haven't? Or is it the case where ALL of them have turned you down?

I think we are starting to get a sense of your personality. You have a quark that is not exactly sociable. Perhaps these girls have picked up on it as well. Perhaps you shouldn't be so focused on the turn downs. Not every girl is right for you. In fact I would go as far as to say probably 60% of the women you will meet are not right for you. Trying to fight those odds usually end up in heartache or worse.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:23 pm
@Krumple,
Most in the girls including high school have turned me down. I'm hoping to meet a girl that actually cares about me. This girl just didnt want to meet because she used me to build up her ego. I wouldnt even mentioned pof because it would be a mistake. And I have gotten chest pains over this Sad
Krumple

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:28 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

Most in the girls including high school have turned me down. I'm hoping to meet a girl that actually cares about me. This girl just didnt want to meet because she used me to build up her ego. I wouldnt even mentioned pof because it would be a mistake. And I have gotten chest pains over this Sad

Sounds like to me, you are investing too much of yourself into needing the acceptance of a girl. Like you said if you are getting chest pains over it, you are too focused on it. It's this too strong of a focus that is actually messing you up.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:30 pm
@Krumple,
It is messing my whole life up mentally and physically Sad
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:37 pm
@singlesucks13,
Good idea.

There's also coed softball - that kind of thing.

It'll be good in a bunch of different ways.

singlesucks13

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes I think it is a good idea.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:38 pm
@singlesucks13,
Having a date with her isn't going to fix that. That is something you have to do for yourself by choosing how you react to the situation.
0 Replies