THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:11 pm
the first news I read this morning was that the US deaths in Iraq for the month of Feb were 50% less than Jan. I gotta stop reading the liberal press.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
Geli, I wasn't the one who suggested Murdock owns Channel 13 in Tampa. You did. And I'm not the one who changed the story when pressed on it; and the lawsuit you posted was ruled in Fox's favor. Seems to me that you are the one lacking credibility in your facts there. But keep trying. If you dig far enough, you might even find an example that will stick. And no doubt you (or somebody) will hold it up as absolute proof that everything anything labled Fox (including me) is intentionally falsified.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:16 pm
I don't know why it is surprising that Murdock would own anything, like Gates he seems to be bigger than life. It is odd how everything in the world seems to be consolidating into huge companies owned by a relative few.

Concerning the deaths, I think it would be more honest to just admit that the misson accomplished or the end of major combat operations statement was premature and let it go. Why is it so hard for some to admit anything? I mean you always got the elections and the capture of Saddam Hussien to combat the violence in discussions of Iraq and soon you will all have the trial to talk about to distract from the violence as well.

I think I recommed for people on this thread and others to get off the computers for a while and get some music and walk in the feilds. It does a world of good, a lot better than some meaningless feel good words from the GOP and supporters.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:24 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I see a lot of spin there from another anti-Fox source Geli. I see zero evidence that Fox is less truthful than any other news source or that it is not more truthful than any other news source.

If you would read the story you would know ....

Husband and wife reporters filed a lawsuit, and have apparently lost. You direct us to a completely biased site run by their good friend. What were you expecting this to prove?

"Legal technicality." That is a fine example of spin. The damn law getting in the way and keeping these poor folks from winning their lawsuit.

I still have no faith in the veracity of your opinion. I'll bet you have nothing o base your opinion upon, or am I wrong ...

I have no idea what opinion of mine you are referring to.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:38 pm
Revel writes
Quote:
I think I recommed for people on this thread and others to get off the computers for a while and get some music and walk in the feilds. It does a world of good, a lot better than some meaningless feel good words from the GOP and supporters.

So while suggesting the rest of us get off our computers and not read 'feel good words from the GOP and supporters', you are here typing that? Smile

The older I get, the one thing that I think differentiates true neo-conservatives from true neo-liberals is that conservatives embrace and rejoice and celebrate good news and that same good news depresses the liberals. I don't understand it. But it sure looks like that is the case.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:44 pm
Quote, "...same good news depresses the liberals..." kind of gets to the 'heart' of the matter. They know exactly how liberals will react to good news, but more importantly, how neo-cons react to good news. Must be some kind of special skill limited to neo-cons.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:47 pm
Well I don't want to believe that the liberals really are happiest when miserable. (Paraphrasing from various talk show hosts.) But sometimes it really is hard not to think that.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:51 pm
So the good news is that our boys and girls are dying but not as fast or as often as they used to back in January.

Yes.

I do feel better.

Joe(How high is up, how fast is down?) Nation
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:53 pm
Joe, Are you becoming a neo-con? LOL
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:54 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Revel writes
Quote:

So while suggesting the rest of us get off our computers and not read 'feel good words from the GOP and supporters', you are here typing that? Smile

The older I get, the one thing that I think differentiates true neo-conservatives from true neo-liberals is that conservatives embrace and rejoice and celebrate good news and that same good news depresses the liberals. I don't understand it. But it sure looks like that is the case.

It's the way of looking at the news, Fox.

Some think 1,500 dead soldiers is not good news.
Some think that it is good news, because the the death toll in February was less than half of the January one.
Some think it's not good news, because the death toll was above average for the last 24 months.
Some think it's good news, because the death toll was below average for the last 6 months.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:00 pm
In war people die. And every human life lost is a tragedy and a sorrow. But hundreds of thousands risked death and in fact died in Europe and Asia and North Africa in order to save many millions. Hundreds of thousands of innocents died in Iraq in a relatively short period of time prior to the recent invasion. People still die there, but in lower, decreasing numbers and there is much hope that the day will be sooner rather than later that intentional deaths will become a rarity rather than the norm there.

The only ones still initiating hostilities are those who want the right to inflict torture, suffering, and intentional death on innocents. Most want that to cease.

Will it be worth it? I have a lot of hope that good will prevail and it will be worth it with a huge peace dividend yet to come that will save hundreds of thousands of lives that otherwise would be lost.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:18 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
In war people die. And every human life lost is a tragedy and a sorrow. But hundreds of thousands risked death and in fact died in Europe and Asia and North Africa in order to save many millions. Hundreds of thousands of innocents died in Iraq in a relatively short period of time prior to the recent invasion. People still die there, but in lower, decreasing numbers and there is much hope that the day will be sooner rather than later that intentional deaths will become a rarity rather than the norm there.

The only ones still initiating hostilities are those who want the right to inflict torture, suffering, and intentional death on innocents. Most want that to cease.

Will it be worth it? I have a lot of hope that good will prevail and it will be worth it with a huge peace dividend yet to come that will save hundreds of thousands of lives that otherwise would be lost.

As I say, a way of looking at it. As long as you have facts, fine.

I for one don't believe that the war "saved hundreds of thousands of lives that otherwise would be lost." No, wait, let me rephrase this: It was the worst possibility I could think of to achieve that goal.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:22 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Geli, I wasn't the one who suggested Murdock owns Channel 13 in Tampa. You did. And I'm not the one who changed the story when pressed on it; and the lawsuit you posted was ruled in Fox's favor. Seems to me that you are the one lacking credibility in your facts there. But keep trying. If you dig far enough, you might even find an example that will stick. And no doubt you (or somebody) will hold it up as absolute proof that everything anything labled Fox (including me) is intentionally falsified.

The technicality was when the appeals court judge ruled that sincee Fox owns the station they would be allowed to determine the content of the broadcast since there are no laws against it. Your twisted logic might determine nothing wrong with selling the public a product that is carcinogenic but somehow it does not sit right with me. Murdock owns Fox and about every other news source around. I provided documentation with my claim, unlike you I offered verification.
If you would read what's provided you would be informed.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:31 pm
Quote:
"Legal technicality." That is a fine example of spin. The damn law getting in the way and keeping these poor folks from winning their lawsuit.

I suppose you can recite the body of that 'legal technicality' for the forum?
If you can't bring better than that please don't bring anything ....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:59 pm
old europe wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Revel writes
Quote:

It's the way of looking at the news, Fox.

Some think 1,500 dead soldiers is not good news.
Some think that it is good news, because the the death toll in February was less than half of the January one.
Some think it's not good news, because the death toll was above average for the last 24 months.
Some think it's good news, because the death toll was below average for the last 6 months.

Actually I had just gotten in from being outside most of the morning, usually I spend most of free time in the morning on the computer.

But it did seem a little, I don't know, kind of "i'm better than you" for me to write that, huh? Sorry, I'll try to stop myself next time.

What I meant by feel good words is this "Oh, I'm positive and when your positive, things work out" kind of answer to every negative thing that happens in Iraq that we on the "left" post. Personally, it's been getting on my nerves a whole bunch these last few months.

Sorry again, I guess I need to get back off the computer, I seem to be in the mood for personal stuff.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:04 pm
I do have some totally unrelated news that is "feel good news." Martha Stewart is out of jail today. Yah. Cool (like her; wonder what that does to her stocks?)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:06 pm
Yaknow,

Though Feb. had the least deaths for OUR soldiers since last June,

How many Iraqis died in Feb?

That's not really our problem, though, is it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yaknow,

Though Feb. had the least deaths for OUR soldiers since last June,

How many Iraqis died in Feb?

That's not really our problem, though, is it.

Cycloptichorn

You libs, always looking on the sunny side...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:15 pm
And you conservatives, it's doom and gloom with every freakin' post, sheesh.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:18 pm
Geli is frankly so off the mark in the correlations he is making with his posts and the truth of the matter, I can't even comment. OE doesn't believe lives have been saved as a result of the invasion of Iraq and this is in the face of a long and well documented history of Saddam's regime. And Cyclop refuses to accept the fact that those Iraqis are rejoicing in the face of the risks they are taking to ensure their own freedom.

I wonder if I'll ever live long enough to understand how liberals think the way liberals think. Maybe I just don't want to. I prefer to focus on the good, the possibilities, the probabilities, the hope, and the capacity of humankind to improve and become better. The Iraqis and Afghanis (and now many other Middle East countries) want a better life than they had. The U.S. wants less capabilities for terrorists to accomplish their stated purpose to harm us, hurt us, destroy us.

Now if the liberal pacifists think all that would have happened by sticking our hands in our collective pockets, whistling into the wind, and hoping it will all just happen with no risk, no bullets, no injuries, no deaths, well bless your hearts that are in the right place if your reasoning is so flawed I don't want any of you in charge of much of anything. Or maybe some of you don't care what happens so long as everybody thinks like you do.

I don't understand any of it. But I'll risk much to defend your right to think it.
0 Replies