THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:03 pm
Yes, all those democratic senators and congress people are doing soooooo much for them already. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:05 pm
As i said, silly, silly me . . .

I should know that there are no poor in America, just losers who have gotten what they deserve--nothing . . .
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:08 pm
The posts on the previous thread were longer and more thoughtful.
And less personally vituperative. I'll look that up.

Come on guys (and gals!), must do better.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:11 pm
Hey, we're playin' here, an' the teacher's gone . . .

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's
Dirty looks . . .

School's out for the summer
School's out for ever . . .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:14 pm
setanta wrote:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Right showed as much concern for, as much compassion for the poor in America as they do for the Iraqis?

Silly, silly me . . .

I think it would be nice if America would cover it's multi billion dollar debt to the Native Americans that has been accumulating over the last 228 plus years - regardless of the party......

Then again, let's build schools in Iraq - we already steal the Indians oil....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
I'll get right on that. Perhaps I should add some malice... Nah. I am above that sort of petty internet chat forum nonsense. I will just stick with the truth and leave the malice to others.

Quote:
Why isn't "fat dumba$$" one of the options in the title of this thread?

This is a truthful inquiry. I do not consider him a hero, nor do I consider him to be a rogue. Rather i consider him a fat dumbass. Surely you are not going to consider my opinion to be less truthful than someone elses are you?

Quote:
It's just the liberal way of getting through life, mysteryman. They need to demonize and dehumanize anything logical or conservative. They can't be patriotic, they don't want others to be patriotic,

Again, where is the lie? How is this not truthful? Do you deny that liberals do these things?

Quote:
I think it's because Protestants weren't allowed to be molested by their priests when they were growing up. It really changes your outlook on being saved.

Catholic priests are routinely ferried off to a different parish when allegations of sexual assault against priests are made. Seems odd you never hear about protestant preachers getting the same treatment. agian, where am I being less than truthful?

Quote:
I wonder if she would have felt that way if Bill Clinton was raping her for those seven minutes?

Well? How would she have felt? This was never answered.

Quote:
Good. One less idiot that shows poor judgement in the fold.

Do you disagree? Again, you are suggesting that my opinion is somehow less than truthful.

Yeah, you go right on ahead speaking only the truth, McG.

Hypocrite.

Cycloptichorn

Perhaps you should try your dog and pony show on someone else, Cycloptichorn. I've seen it before.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:34 pm
Hey, I never claimed those were lies at all.

I was only refuting the idea, purported by you, that your posts have no malice in them at all.

Each one of those comments is a valid one (with the exception of one, which I will address below) but the validity of those posts does not remove the tone of those posts.

You in fact do NOT consistently keep yourself 'above' such petty internet chat board nonsense.

Quote:
Quote:
It's just the liberal way of getting through life, mysteryman. They need to demonize and dehumanize anything logical or conservative. They can't be patriotic, they don't want others to be patriotic,

Again, where is the lie? How is this not truthful? Do you deny that liberals do these things?

This is the only statement out of the group that was truly retarded. Liberals act this way no more than conservatives do, and you know it.

My questioning of the government is the most patriotic action I could take. Your refusal to understand this point is not surprising.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:42 pm
Do we deny that liberals "demonize anything logical"?

Err, yeah.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:52 pm
By pointing out that steam comes from boiling water, am I somehow saying that water doesn't freeze?

No.

I am merely pointing out that steam comes from boiling water. What you decide to take from that is not up to me. My use of "malice" was intended to be sarcastic as I often express malice in my posts. I thought that was rather obvious. Your emphasizing the whole statement led me to believe you were referring to my use of the truth.

As far as your "questioning of the government is the most patriotic action I could take." I thin you could do a lot more that could be considered much more patriotic. You could start a grass roots campaign to change the government. You can support like minded candidates, you can donate time and money towards worthy causes, you can use your vote to effect change.

Merely questioning the government or expressing criticism is hardly patriotic. So, when you suggest that "Your refusal to understand this point is not surprising. ", you are completely off base.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:59 pm
All the activities you recommend to me are logical progressions of the process of a patriotic citizen, as he turns his questions about the government into action. While there are several methods of turning those questions into action, the fact remains that the act of questioning the logic of your government's actions is the root cause of such actions.

Therefore, your statement:

Quote:
They can't be patriotic, they don't want others to be patriotic

Fails completely, as our discussions are the first step of that patriotic process.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:03 pm
Nonsense. Had I said all liberals or cycloptichorn does so-and-so you would have a case. But, as I named a non-descript group of liberals, I am safe insaying what I did.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:11 pm
Sorry that I missed your sarcasm.

Not to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure that when you say

Quote:
It's just the liberal way of getting through life, mysteryman. They need to demonize and dehumanize anything logical or conservative. They can't be patriotic, they don't want others to be patriotic

most people would assume that you are referring to ALL liberals.

Reverse the situation. If I said 'The conservative way of life is to be a money-grubbing elitist bastard' I'm pretty sure you wouldn't accept 'oh, I meant some conservatives' as an appropriate response.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
I am very careful in applying gross generalizations to any group. It causes too much grief, as you can see.

As to your generalization above, I could only say that eliticism is generally a leftist M.O.

Now, money-grubbing bastards? You know it!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:23 pm
That's funny 'cause Bush refers to his wealthy constituency as "the elite."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:26 pm
feh, "liberal elite" just rolls right off the toungue... try it out... liberal elite...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:34 pm
For all of you wild-eyed foreigners who come here, the 'Mericans are about to start a long holiday weekend. You may have the place pretty much to yourselves for the next few days. At any event, you likely won't be outnumbered . . . just the odd Yank with nothin' else to do . . . and the right-wingnut ranters . . . we'll see ya again on Tuesday . .

okseeyahbye
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:34 pm
Right wing money-grubbing elite literally careens off the tongue.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:12 pm
"just the odd Yank with nothin' else to do . . . and the right-wingnut ranters . . . "

so no change there then
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:31 pm
Apart from a proportional decrease in 'Merican participation, no, no change . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:57 pm
i prefer an odd yank on a chain. or do i mean occasional?
0 Replies