THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:55 am
Sure I did.

Fox changes people's quotes all the time to mis-represent what they've said. The latest is good ol' Brit Hume flat-out lying about our past president's quotes. They also use polls that show drastically differing results from, yeah, every other poll. They ALSO, as Ican pointed out, retract things later on in the day that they get wrong; to a much smaller audience. I've seen the same thing.

I have a vivid memory of a Fox announcer saying this:

'Now, there's a lot of hype out there, a lot of spin, and things are coming from both sides. But, let's cut through the hype and just look at the issues. Tell me (guest), what are the three biggest problems with John Kerry's foreign policy?

THAT'S the kind of crap I'm talking about. They present the ultimate spin; partisan reporting that continually claims it's not, and the majority of it's viewers aren't smart enough to figure it out, apparently.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:05 pm
So in other words, you have no documentation of your claimed uncorrected factual error presented as news by Fox but you object to the way a question was phrased? You must not watch anything other than Fox then.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:16 pm
fair and balanced .... maybe

truthfull

NOT .......... KLIKME
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:30 pm
I see a lot of spin there from another anti-Fox source Geli. I see zero evidence that Fox is less truthful than any other news source or that it is not more truthful than any other news source.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:38 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I see a lot of spin there from another anti-Fox source Geli. I see zero evidence that Fox is less truthful than any other news source or that it is not more truthful than any other news source.[/quote

If you would read the story you would know ....

[URL=http://www.foxbghsuit.com/bgh2.htm]read the short version[/URL]
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:45 pm
my comments are in blue
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Don't get the wrong impression; I would never think you a fool, ever. The fact you disagree with me on issues has nothing to do with foolishness. So your 'inferrences' are a little off this time.

I inferred you thought me a stupid fool because you wrote of me:
"but you're really a Neo-Con who sometimes has a brain of his own. To you, the ends justify the means; because it's the long-run that matters, right?"

I am not a member of Neo-Con-dom or Neo-Lib-dom or any other Neo-whatsit-dom (pun intended). I'm not even sure what the Neo-Cons really advocate. I infer from several conflicting descriptions that they seek to replace all governments any way they can with ones like they think ours should be.

I inferred from your ends-justify-the-means comment that you think that I think that means are not required to be just as honorable as the means to be accomplished. I think those who think that are stupid fools. Thus my inference.

Quote:
I have detected in FOX News's presentation amazingly few errors.

I just don't see how you can think this is true. Fox, whether you divide up the news from the opinion or not, has more factual errors and intentional mis-representations of facts than the rest of the networks combined! They INTENTIONALLY change people's quotes, mis-represent statistics, and such, every day.

Please provide me at least three examples that support these statements. Future ones will do.

The fact that they correct themselves the same day is immaterial, as they follow the same mantra as the rest of the GOP: say whatever you want, no matter what the facts are, b/c 20 million are going to see you say it, and 1 million are going to see the retraction. It's a net-win situation.
Cycloptichorn

I see both their errors and their retractions. That's good enough for me.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:46 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Sorry, I thought the subject was the accuracy of Bush's immature declaration of victory .... semantics lend no value to that debate so I'll butt out.

Perhaps the issue is what was "victory" at that time. In purely military analysis: Saddam was defeated; US in control of Iraq. That was a victory at that stage in the war.

It appears semantics is the entirety of the liberals' argument here.

Actually, that whole argument started when somebody posted an article that the death toll in Iraq had reached 1,500.

Nobody discussed that fact. You choose to ignore it, and instead talked about how the "Mission Accomplished" sign was not handpainted by Bush, and that victory can be a something like a military term with no meaning.

I'm guilty of arguing with you about those ridiculous details.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:47 pm
Which is why I'm going to post this re death toll:

http://www.lies.com/images/first_year.gif
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:48 pm
An even more simple version
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:49 pm
Geli, I read the story. It concerns corporate executives of one Fox affiliate protecting their local advertisers. It has zero to do with Fox cable news. A little precision please.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:51 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I see a lot of spin there from another anti-Fox source Geli. I see zero evidence that Fox is less truthful than any other news source or that it is not more truthful than any other news source.

Husband and wife reporters filed a lawsuit, and have apparently lost. You direct us to a completely biased site run by their good friend. What were you expecting this to prove?

"Legal technicality." That is a fine example of spin. The damn law getting in the way and keeping these poor folks from winning their lawsuit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:54 pm
old europe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Sorry, I thought the subject was the accuracy of Bush's immature declaration of victory .... semantics lend no value to that debate so I'll butt out.

Perhaps the issue is what was "victory" at that time. In purely military analysis: Saddam was defeated; US in control of Iraq. That was a victory at that stage in the war.

It appears semantics is the entirety of the liberals' argument here.

Actually, that whole argument started when somebody posted an article that the death toll in Iraq had reached 1,500.

Nobody discussed that fact. You choose to ignore it, and instead talked about how the "Mission Accomplished" sign was not handpainted by Bush, and that victory can be a something like a military term with no meaning.

I'm guilty of arguing with you about those ridiculous details.

Wrong. I didn't ignore it. I posted an article which pointed out the relatively low number of deaths in February, a story receiving less media attention than the 1,500 number. You responded by talking about "Mission Accomplished." The digression into the "Mission Accomplished" banner came from you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:54 pm
old europe wrote:

At which point we are asked to compare apples with walnuts.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:56 pm
AND let me add that I am not happy to see that 1,502 US soldiers - or 1,675 coalition soldiers - have died so far.
I'm not happy to see that 11,220 were wounded.
I'm not happy to see that 18,443 Iraqi civilians have died.

And it hasn't stopped.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 12:59 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
old europe wrote:

At which point we are asked to compare apples with walnuts.

It's a valid point, though. But we don't have to compare anything with anything.

What do you think about the totals, Tico?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:01 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Geli, I read the story. It concerns corporate executives of one Fox affiliate protecting their local advertisers. It has zero to do with Fox cable news. A little precision please.

The name 'Murdock' ring a bell?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:02 pm
You're saying Murdock owned Channel 13? I seriously doubt that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
OE, the point is, the media splashes large numbers of deaths or any bad news across the front page in 50 point type. But when things are improving or the death rate significantly falls off, such news if reported at all is below the fold on Page 27 somewhere. We do not ask that the numbers not be posted. We do ask that all the news be reported, not just that which anti-war people can spin as 'proof' that all the news is bad.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:06 pm
Info on Rupert. Make your own conclusion. http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0%2C6903%2C1028189%2C00.html
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Husband and wife reporters filed a lawsuit, and have apparently lost. You direct us to a completely biased site run by their good friend. What were you expecting this to prove?

"Legal technicality." That is a fine example of spin. The damn law getting in the way and keeping these poor folks from winning their lawsuit.

I still have no faith in the veracity of your opinion. I'll bet you have nothing o base your opinion upon, or am I wrong ...
0 Replies