Suggestions for new ebay store name.

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 12:32 pm
When I initially named my store, I picked a generic name as I was more interested in getting it up and running.

Now, I'm developing more of a focus and need a name that alludes to the materials I use. I make pendants, rings, keychains, magnets (will be adding more items over time) that are made from various game pieces. Images on Dominos, scrabble tiles, poker and bingo chips etc. Most of my sales come from people interested in particular video games. I'd like to attract a more general audience as well.

I thought of the name "Game On! Jewelry" but doing a search that's already been taken by someone in another market. When I looked at their products, they sell pieces that actually look like sporting items (footballs, baseballs). I don't want to attract that audience, so need to avoid having people think my product is about sports.

Ideas?
Anyone?
Bueller?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 6,292 • Replies: 59

jespah

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 12:45 pm
@chai2,
Maybe something including the term 'table top' in order to distinguish from football, etc.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 12:59 pm
@chai2,
Game Bits Jewelry

Token Jewelry

Icon Jewelry

Talisman Jewelry

Mascot Jewelry

neologist

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:15 pm
@chai2,
Is there a way to incorporate your current name into your new name?
Also, for a few bucks a year, you can purchase a clever domain name from eNom or GoDaddy. Then you can point it to your eBay site for free. You can also include links to your FaceBook, Bonanza, etc. pages.

Not to mention that you can sell a few things right from your landing page.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:20 pm
@chai2,
Ba Da Bling?
(I guess thatd work better in New Jersey)

If you lived farther south maybe "Buda Bling" would work.

Gimme a day.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:31 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
need a name that alludes to the materials I use.

why?

when I look at Etsy shops that sell board game jewelry and stuff, most of them have cute names but they don't reflect what they sell (other than JunqueJules)

https://www.etsy.com/market/board_game_jewelry

I hang with a lot of MCM / MCM kitsh sellers on FB. Their shop names tend to reflect them, not what they sell.
chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Game Bits Jewelry

Token Jewelry

Icon Jewelry

Talisman Jewelry

Mascot Jewelry

I like Token Jewelry. That immediately hit me. I'm going to put them all in my stew pot and let it simmer on the back burner.

Thanks B-fly.

I'm in the middle of adjusting a lot of things, I need to concentrate on one thing at a time, or it gets like herding cats.

Every time I get an idea, I jot it down, or put it in my phone.

hmmmm... now Talisman jewelry is growing on me too.

Mascot...nope....makes me think of sports.

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:06 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Is there a way to incorporate your current name into your new name?
Also, for a few bucks a year, you can purchase a clever domain name from eNom or GoDaddy. Then you can point it to your eBay site for free. You can also include links to your FaceBook, Bonanza, etc. pages.

Not to mention that you can sell a few things right from your landing page.

Great idea.

That's getting jot down. Wink

Which do you prefer? eNom or GoDaddy?

Doesn't matter if I completely change my name, which I'm going to do. The one I have now is just like a placeholder. I've only been selling since end of January, and my net profit for April is double of what it was from Feb.

I've got one person that every 2 weeks makes 2 purchases, and another one that made a couple of special requests. I do have ideas for if I had my own site.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ba Da Bling?
(I guess thatd work better in New Jersey)

If you lived farther south maybe "Buda Bling" would work.

Gimme a day.

It can't be regional. This is eBay. I want a broad base.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:15 pm
@chai2,
A quick search shows TokenJewelry.Net and JeweledTokens.Com as available domain names. eNom is a good place to land, if you choose. They cost a little more than GoDaddy; but they include 3 landing pages and free email forwarding. Your regular eBay customers will appreciate a place where they can go to save a bit on eBay fees.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:33 pm
Penchant for pendants?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:43 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:
need a name that alludes to the materials I use.

why?

when I look at Etsy shops that sell board game jewelry and stuff, most of them have cute names but they don't reflect what they sell (other than JunqueJules)

https://www.etsy.com/market/board_game_jewelry

I hang with a lot of MCM / MCM kitsh sellers on FB. Their shop names tend to reflect them, not what they sell.

Because I want my name to reflect what I sell. I'd like the focus to be on my customers and what attracts them, not on me. If they are attracted to knowing what I sell, they'll get attracted to me when they see my items and how quickly they get their purchases. I can talk about myself in my profile, but I first need to get my foot in their door, which means creating a name that let's people know what I sell. What I sell is fashion jewelry, keychains and magnets made from various Game Pieces, Tiles, Chips etc.

If I were looking for a store that sold this stuff, I wouldn't seek out a store called "Chai's 'Lil Shoppe of Sunshine"

This is more like a hobby, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. every day.
However, every single step I take is geared toward letting people know what I sell, and the good customer service I give. That's why whenever I ship out a piece, I include a card asking for a positive review if they liked my product and service, and to please let anyone who compliments them know where they got it (and include my store site name)
Almost everyone who buys give me a review, all good.
Funny, when people get fast good service, somehow they feel they know all about the person.

I like my customers.

What's MCM? I googled it and nothing seemed to fit well.

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:45 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Your regular eBay customers will appreciate a place where they can go to save a bit on eBay fees.

HA! I'm the one who would save on eBay fees!

When I buy anything on ebay (I get most of my supplies from other sellers) I don't pay any fees, just their price and if they choose to charge shipping.

I'm the one that has to pay the ebay and paypal fees.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:51 pm
@chai2,
MCM = mid century modern
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:55 pm
@neologist,
I like the idea of having a domain name that reflects the items (tokens is a great idea). That way the actual shop name can have a different reminder of what/who it's about.

I can never remember shop names but I can generally remember the vendors.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:58 pm
@chai2,
I was thinking of something like Pieces of Chai's Real Name or something like that. Roland's Pieces. Yanno - nothing too adorbs (barf)

gets the game piece connection and the name connection in one hit
neologist

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 03:11 pm
@chai2,
I generally give my off site buyers a split the difference - about 5% discount.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I was thinking of something like Pieces of Chai's Real Name

Chai Ching! Jewelry
neologist

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 04:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Clever.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:05 pm
@chai2,
I googled domino jewelry and they have a site and then another site and then DYI jewelry.

Then I thought domino effect - art jewellery (that's how I spell jewellery) Wink
0 Replies