Suggestions for new ebay store name.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:28 pm
@neologist,
Does e-bay sales work for you? Not sure if I want to start a business in that effect, as I have two sites that are "hire" but...you never know.
neologist

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:35 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I think you must find a niche - selling something that few other sellers have to offer. For me, it has been pocket sized survival equipment, mostly. I try to find items I can buy wholesale locally. I am only a few blocks away from the SOG knives warehouse, for example. I used to have a near lock on flint rods made in China. Not so much now as many Chinese eBayers have come up against me. And Chinese postal rates are outrageously cheap compared to US rates. So, I keep researching. There are plenty of US products. And I tie a mean knot with parachute cord.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:52 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
And I tie a mean knot with parachute cord.
Smile

As not to high-jack this thread, thank you Smile
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:58 pm
Chips & Game Jewels
chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Or, I could amend that name, and as ehBeth suggested allude to myself.

I guess then the name would be "Chips and (a) Dip"

Shocked
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:40 pm
@neologist,
I have a SOG twitch XL assisted open knife and its been the greatest tool for my work. Its a real work of art. Ive had the thing over 10 years and its still beautiful.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
And I tie a mean knot with parachute cord.
Smile

As not to high-jack this thread, thank you Smile

You're not hijacking the thread FS, this is interesting.

Need to edit something. I've sold stuff on eBay for a few years. Would find new things at a great price, and then resell. I found it interesting learning a new skill on how to navigate around ebay, and sell stuff. People have asked me and I tell them the hardest part was the initial learning how to put something on sale. You make mistakes, you learn.
Then after I retired, I was on ebay, and you know how one thing leads to another. I saw one of the items I'm now making and selling and thought "How cute. I wonder how you make that?" So.....I learned Smile

After a month and a half, I realized it would not only be easier, but more profitable to open a store. So, I've only had the current name about 2 months. No big deal to change it.

Oh. In the past (like years ago) I also put listings on Bonanza, but I just didn't like them. I would be selling lots of other things on ebay, and in all the time I had things listed on Bonanza (I think 6 months) I only ever sold ONE thing.

As far as Etsy, I don't know. I've done quite a bit of research, and one statement keeps turning up over and over again. That's people who have stores on Etsy saying that it was a YEAR before they sold their first item. Uh, no thanks. There's also something about the ebay atmosphere over the Etsy.
Etsy is a great site, don't get me wrong. I love looking at it. But of course it's all about artistic products.

There's something I like about a place where you can type in the words booger, tennis bracelet, or ball bearings and find products for each. It's like a slice of real life.

Found Soul, if you don't mind me asking, what do you sell?
boomerang

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:10 pm
The Game Changer

Vintage Game Gal. (Or vintage something)

ARTifacts Game Jewelry
chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:11 pm
@boomerang,
They're not vintage though.
boomerang

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:48 pm
@chai2,
Board games make me think "vintage", even if they aren't.

How old does something have to be to be considered vintage?

Maybe "vintage style"?

Memory Lane?

Retro-game chic?
chai2

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 11:06 pm
@boomerang,
Nothing is vintage.

I buy the tiles and other pieces, and make a new item.

It's not anything about being old. 90% or more of what I sell is about games that teens and some young adults are playing today. Nothing old fashioned about any of it. My market are younger people and the things they are doing today.

I've got the word "token" now as a favorite, because that's what they are made of, game tokens.

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:21 am
@chai2,
I dont know if trying to describe what you do in your name is a good idea . What you want is something that is memorable and advertise-able . You do not want someone saying, "Oh thats nice..where did you get it ?" (reply) "I cant think of the name..."

Bling Thing
Geek Bling or Bling for Geeks
Fantasy Jewelry
Board Game Bling
Game Piece Jewelry
Ye Olde Trinkets
Gamer's Jewelry
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:25 am
@chai2,
Choice Tokens (also a play on words with your first name)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 10:35 am
@chai2,
Token back, (as in recycled.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:56 am
Wow.

What asshole went and marked every single post on this thread with a thumbs down?

Someone who's a real asshole obviously.

Good thing I thumbed everyone who has posted back up.

This has been an interesting thread for me, and I appreciate everyones input.

Except for the assholes.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:01 pm
@chai2,
Did you forget me or has three people been thumbing down ?
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:05 pm
@chai2,
I hardly notice these things unless someone makes a remark about it. For all we know it's some acne prone teenager who is feeling the world weighing down on him.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:06 pm
@Ionus,
Actually I noticed someone following me around thumbing down everything I post . Maybe they got bored .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:09 pm
@chai2,
Now my post trying to help you is down 3 points, 4 if you marked me back up like you did for the others . Its definitely me they are after . You lot are just collateral damage .
neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:15 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
. . . Good thing I thumbed everyone who has posted back up. . .
I just did the same - for the halibut.
Couldn't help myself. I'm all puns.
0 Replies