Are TruConnect smartphones worth getting? Are they worth the time and investment?

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 05:15 pm
Hi. I know since 2005, when President G.W. Bush was in office, free mobile phones have been offered and issued by the government. I don't know too much about free government mobile phones. The term mobile phone is broadly used to describe a phone that is not connected by any wires. It also covers satellite phones, Wi-Fi phones and cell phones and smartphones.

I saw an ad for TruConnect smartphones being advertised when I was playing some mobile app games:

https://www.truconnect.com/

TruConnect smartphones are free government smartphones. At first glance they look and seem like quality smartphones. If these phones really are quality phones I think I would like to send away for one. I wouldn't have to pay a monthly phone bill; I can save the $80/month I usually give to Boost Mobile each month for my Android smartphone.

I need to talk to my cousin and my mother's friend who has me set up on a family plan with Boost Mobile about this.

Does anyone here know anything about TruConnect smartphones? Are they worth getting?

I know free government mobile phones have been commonly referred to as "Obamaphones". One person I know told me you don't want to get a free government mobile phone. She was telling me about "Obamaphones".

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,875 • Replies: 9
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 02:49 am
Does anyone here know anything about TruConnect smartphones?

Does anyone here know anything about free government smartphones or any free government mobile phones?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:23 am
@JGoldman10,
80US dollar a month just for a mobile phone seems excessive. I pay £10 every two to three months.
Teufel

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 12:22 pm
@izzythepush,

All countries have things which are cost effective and relatively expensive - UK mobile phone contracts are extremely good value. Indeed even back in 2008/9 when my wife and I resided in France we actually asked some English friends to send us UK mobiles. Phones which we then used on 'roam' on the UK service contract in France/Europe because it was about 60% of the cost of using French mobiles on a French mobile service contract ... If however any American saw how much you people in the UK pay for new cars, they would faint as US cars are comparatively the cheapest in the developed world and much of the undeveloped world as well.

As for the person asking the question, @ JGoldman10 what you are looking for is apparently called : LIFE LINE ASSISTANCE

https://www.assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/how-qualify

It took me about 10 seconds to find that out even though I had to change my VPN to N America to get the page to load ..... (The US is a God awful country) ... It seems there is more than one service carrier offering the Life Line Assistance service; that link is just one site, of one carrier.

Subsequently, I strongly suggest you find out your own information which you can then trust ... The internet forum is realm not famous for accuracy of information.

Hope that helps you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
Ya know at least half your questions could be answered looking it up in Consumer Reports or the yellow pages.

Just sayin'.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:27 pm
@Teufel,
Teufel wrote:

Subsequently, I strongly suggest you find out your own information which you can then trust ... The internet forum is realm not famous for accuracy of information.

Hope that helps you.

You don’t know Mr Goldman. The only people he trusts are church officials.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Well my mother's friend set me up with a family plan with Boost Mobile; her phone line is tied to mine. I'm not just paying for phone service on my phone, I'm paying for internet service and texting. That's why I pay $80/month.

£10/month is $13.10/month. That's pretty good.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
That’s just mobile phone, Internet is separate.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:43 pm
@Teufel,
I've heard of Assurance and SafeLink. These are other companies that offer free government mobile phones. I did research on them a whole ago; I forgot which one offered better service.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Isn’t there a community outreach centre or something like that you could go to?

Over here we have the Citizen’s Advice Bureau where you can go for impartial advice.
0 Replies