difference between British English & American English

Ragman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 03:47 pm
@farmerman,
IMHO, what goes around comes around.

Too much revenue to lose to keep fielding bad teams in Philly. Commish doesn't like losing money in big cities with huge fans that turn out given a reasonable product. Philly will turn it around soon.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 04:26 pm
@Ragman,
I hope its in my life. I heard a lecture on the sports talk network regarding sports teams that have "talent and capability" v those that have "drive". Seems that drive often trumps talent

Think of this, UTLEY i shooting .101. nd hes getting like 20 million a year
Ragman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
While sympathizing and empathizing...Red Sawx wrote the book on paying through the arse for 'talent' and getting nothing. Witness the current whole starting pitching staff of which/whom was 80% revamped from last year...only to have produced squa-douche for results. Not even going to talk about hitters who are asleep or posing for selfies.

layman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 04:37 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Red Sawx wrote the book on paying through the arse for 'talent' and getting nothing.

I think they also wrote the book on selling (Babe Ruth)
Wilso

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 06:27 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

There is more silly bullshit in this thread than i've seen in a very long time.

I'm enjoying it. There's not much fun stuff on A2K atm.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 06:44 pm
@Wilso,
we got a new guy who seems to have a sense of humor.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 02:02 am
@Wilso,
I don't mind the people taking the piss--if i think they're mean-spirited, i can just ignore them. It's the ones who seem to think their crap should be taken seriously that makes it tedious for me. I agree that this is not much of a fun place these days.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 06:53 am
@layman,
This will sound like a typical RS home-town fanatic, but No, No Nannette was almost 100 yrs ago.

Now if you're going to beat on Sawx for more recent stupidity...you can talk about the trading of Sparky Lyle in the '70s (to the Yanks) or letting Carlton Fisk go due to utter stupidity to the Chi White Sox.

Yup, they's eat up with a dumb ass.

Wait...what was the topic? Hey, did you see that squirrel?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 03:19 pm
@Ragman,
Sparky managed the Somerset Patriots...a team from nearby that Nancy and I watch play ball. He's a terrific guy...although he was replaced as manager last year. They kicked him up to the front office.

The team mascot is Sparky.

http://media.nj.com/messengergazette_impact/photo/9543962-large.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2nRXsXG3N37p9310UvAy9gle_nEuIqUWWEYzw2oS2sv5SC3KJ
0 Replies