When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

ossobuco

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:33 pm
@Lash,
I am famously not sans sin, stand to my points of view but don't want to say more. In the meantime, I messed up largely with my accusations, twice, not that I didn't think them.

At the least, this stuff isn't useful for argument about a presidential election.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:37 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I can't figure out his strategy for commending Bernie at a soiree filled with old-time Hillary funders. Just another gaffe - or strategy?

Perhaps just poking a gentle finger in the eye of the rival who thinks she owns the Party.
ossobuco

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Agree, except some others would bother me more.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:43 pm
@georgeob1,
That's sort of what I was hoping. A poke at the clintonmachine. Made me grin.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

stuff...
I admit I try to give as good as I get. But she drew first blood.
...more stuff

She hadn't even given you a second thought until you posted this gem:

No, no korkamann - you've got her all wrong. See, the nasty, ad hominem gratuitously insulting smarmy feces she slings is just her being passionate about her candidate. It's only people who disagree with her who have character issues or too thin skin. You get it now?
Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Thank you. I'd been refusing to respond to his personal stuff for about a week or so.
0 Replies

korkamann

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:46 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

270 voters is meaningless in the general election

No no. You do not understand. It is NOT "270 voters" who will determine the US presidential winner, but 270 ELECTORAL VOTES. The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of ... each state delegation (instead of each Representative) having only one vote.

"The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President. One state’s entitled allotment of electors equals the number of members in its Congressional delegation: one for each member in the House of Representatives plus two for your Senators. Read more about the allocation of electoral votes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/what-is-the-electoral-college_n_2078970.html
Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:48 pm
I admit readily that electoral politics isn't my best thing - but don't electors HAVE to represent voters?
McGentrix

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:49 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I admit readily that electoral politics isn't my best thing - but don't electors HAVE to represent voters?

Only if they want to live when they get home. But, they don't HAVE to represent the voters.
Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:53 pm
Info from FairVote.org

How are electoral votes apportioned?
Each state can dole out its electoral votes in whatever way it sees fit. Currently, 48 of 50 states and the District of Columbia give all of their electoral votes to the candidate that receives the most votes in that state. The two exceptions are Maine and Nebraska. (Read more about Maine and Nebraska here.) Currently, 533 of the 538 electoral votes go to a candidate who wins a majority in a state or the District of Columbia.
If I'm actually voting for an elector, then why did I see "Barack Obama" and "John McCain" on my 2008 presidential ballot?
Electors can theoretically vote for whomever they want-- however in practice they pledge to vote for a certain candidate. This has created a system in which the American people vote indirectly for the president by voting for an elector (or statewide slate of electors) who supports their candidate of choice. This is further streamlined by the fact that most states do not list the names of potential electors on a ballot, but rather the names of the candidates they've promised to vote for.
Do electors ever vote for someone other than the person they've promised to vote for?
It happens surprisingly frequently. In fact, 2008 marked the 56th presidential election in the United States, and in those 56 elections, 19 times there has been one or more faithless elector. That's roughly 34%, or one-third of all elections involving the Electoral College. That includes faithless electors in 2000 and 2004. While 29 states have laws requiring electors to vote for the candidate they've promised to vote for, the legal consequences involved are usually minimal, and might not be much of a deterrent against a person who wants to change history.

http://www.fairvote.org/reforms/national-popular-vote/the-electoral-college/electoral-college-faqs/#8
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:54 pm
@McGentrix,
This is prime real estate for the level of corruption breeding in US politics. I could definitely see HRC grabbing the gold by paying off electors.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:04 pm
@korkamann,
We're talking about two different things.

I'm saying it doesn't matter who the party chooses as a candidate if voters don't vote for that candidate/party. The party faithful* can pick Ms. Clinton at the convention but that won't help Ms. Clinton if the Sanders supporters go against the Democrats when it comes to voting in the election. Whether they go green or libertarian or don't show up and let the election fall to the republicans.

* these are the meaningless voters - however many there are at the convention, they aren't enough to win an election

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:14 pm
Well, I for one am glad that Frank isn't here ...he's terrible background noise and nuisance.

Now having said that, so is Trump, but it's quite amazing that from the far left (Sanders) and from the far whatever Trump comes from - these two unusual candidates will probably make it.
snood

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Well, I for one am glad that Frank isn't here ...he's terrible background noise and nuisance.

Now having said that, so is Trump, but it's quite amazing that from the far left (Sanders) and from the far whatever Trump comes from - these two unusual candidates will probably make it.

So you're thinking Bernie and Trump will be the candidates?
gungasnake

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:44 pm
HDK (Hildabeast Dindu KKKlintler) is not going down because of these emails nor is Hilda the main problem in the picture.

Bork Obunga and George Soros used the US military to essentially perpetrate a bank robbery in Libya in 2011, taking down what was arguably the best and most forward-looking government in the muslim world mainly because Khadaffi was on the edge of pulling all of Africa out of the Wall St./London/Rothschild monetary system and creating a United States of Africa with a unified currency. NATO bombed out most of Libya's infrastructure including the giant water conduit which was bringing water from the Southern aquifers to the cities and then set up a gun-running ops base to run weapons from Libya to ISIS and other groups they meant to use to bring down the Assad govt. in Syria. The fools thus created a gigantic well of hatred against all things American in the place and THEN left a US ambassador and other embassy personnel standing there with, as Santino Corleone put it in GF-I, just their dicks in their hands to get tortured, raped, and THEN killed, ordered American units which could easily have effected a rescue to stand down, ordered Hildabeast Dindu to tell a gigantic stupid lie about some youtube video having inflamed slammite passions and, three years later, nobody has ever paid any sort of a price for any of that ****.

But the problem clearly is Bork and not Hildabeast Dindu; all Hildabeast Dindu did was obey orders and parrot the big stupid lie.

Moreover, any of those emails anybody were to try to use to prosecute Hilda would be exposed to the public and would bring Bork down as well, which will never happen so long as Bork is in power.

Want to really do something? The first has to be getting rid of Bork Obunga. This dickhead has repeatedly and egregiously violated the US constitution and his oath of office, perpetrated illegal wars in Syria and libya, criminally interfered in the internal politics of other nations particularly Ukraine, conducted himself as if his intention was to foment a racial war and a war against police in the United States, and generally come down on the wrong side of every issue anybody might ever want to choose a side on in the world for the past 7 years including advocating greentard and Malthusian policies which would greatly impoverish the world and cause massive harm to worldwide economies with no benefit or profit anywhere in the picture other than for fat-cats like Al Gore and ideologue Malthusians. The guy is criminally insane and needs to go immediately either via impeachment or via the 25'th amendment.

Meanwhile, Republicans got burned so bad trying to impeach SlicKKK KKKlintler (Hildabeast Dindu's husband) that they are totally gun-shy and in no mood to try to do what their duty clearly calls for.

What is needed is for ten or fifteen democrat US senators to publicly state that they will support the impeachment AND removal of Bork Hussein Obunga. Barring that, the nearest hope in the picture is 17 months away and it isn't clear that the damage will be repairable by that time.
CalamityJane

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:50 pm
@snood,
Yes, with Sanders it is my hope that he'll win the Democrats nomination. With Trump it will be the answer to the 16/17? Republican candidates who are incapable of attracting anything but a snake.
snood

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
If I was a betting person I'd lay a wager against both of those outcomes.
CalamityJane

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:55 pm
@snood,
America may just surprise you. Actually, I am surprised both came this far whereas in Trumps case, he represents exactly what's wrong with this country.
georgeob1

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:57 pm
@CalamityJane,
What do you think Bernie Sanders represents?