When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

izzythepush

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It was barely reported. Obama is cool, everyone likes Obama, being photographed with Obama does a British politician a lot of good. Bush was the most disastrous president in living memory, if not ever, being photographed next to a Republican, any Republican is a liability.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:10 am
Hillary Clinton’s Mega-Donors Are Also Funding Jeb Bush

Racetrack owners, bankers, and chicken kings: Meet the ultra-rich bankrolling the Bush and Clinton dynasties.

A special report by Vocativ and The Daily Beast.

For some wealthy donors, it doesn’t matter who takes the White House in 2016—as long as the president’s name is Clinton or Bush.

More than 60 ultra-rich Americans have contributed to both Jeb Bush’s and Hillary Clinton’s federal campaigns, according to an analysis of Federal Election Commission data by Vocativ and The Daily Beast. Seventeen of those contributors have gone one step further and opened their wallets to fund both Bush’s and Clinton’s 2016 ambitions.

After all, why support just Hillary Clinton or just Jeb Bush when you can hedge your bets and donate to both? This seems to be the thinking of a group of powerful men and women—racetrack owners, bankers, media barons, chicken magnates, hedge funders (and their spouses). Some of them have net worths that can eclipse the GDPs of small countries.

Read more:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/04/hillary-clinton-s-mega-donors-are-also-funding-jeb-bush.html

Well, at least they're keeping it all in the family...
http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/07/12/george-w-bush-bill-clinton-comment-possible-family-feud-2016/
RABEL222

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This is a surprise to you? The big money people pay off everyone, dem., Repub., communist, and anyone else that has a chance to help them if elected.
0 Replies

andy31

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah... those fools might as well stick their money in the trash can. How did they got that rich being that stupid!!!
Not Hilary - the lier, and a trader conspirator, nor Bush - the rhino, will ever get any nomination. And seriously, you have to be a real dumb ass to think that.
Every smart fund raiser already pulled out, or is about to do that, according to the latest news. Both of them are loosing proposition.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:26 pm
@andy31,
I hope so. Clinton vs Bush would be a freaking disaster to voter turnout.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What it sounds like is "Anybody but Trump".
bobsal u1553115

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:52 pm
@roger,
You give tRump way too credit.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 02:18 am
@andy31,
andy31 wrote:

Yeah... those fools might as well stick their money in the trash can. How did they got that rich being that stupid!!!
Not Hilary - the lier, and a trader conspirator, nor Bush - the rhino, will ever get any nomination. And seriously, you have to be a real dumb ass to think that.
Every smart fund raiser already pulled out, or is about to do that, according to the latest news. Both of them are loosing proposition.

If you are going to talk about other people being stupid...you ought really to do it in a post that is less an abomination than this one, Andy.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:56 am
A bit of a reality check for those pulling against Clinton: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brittany-l-stalsburg-phd/hillary-clintons-poll-num_b_8066832.html
revelette2

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:30 am
@engineer,
I know, I may yet change my mind again if this mistreatment against her keeps up. It is just not right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 10:03 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

All they are interested in are dollars...and for them, it means readership...

...and that means sensationalism.

It is kind of fun to see some of these people actually rejoice with each new line of newsprint!
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:19 pm
@engineer,
...and another way to frame it is Clinton's numbers are moving in the wrong direction at a rapid pace. Momentum means something.
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:30 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

...and another way to frame it is Clinton's numbers are moving in the wrong direction at a rapid pace. Momentum means something.

not much this early, the main thing this shows is that 1) what appeal she has is shallow and 2) she is a terrible politician. She is the 1998 beater you are about to set off on a coast to coast trip with knowing that the transmission is bad. You might make it, but probably not.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 11:42 pm
@engineer,
But, but the ultra conservatives want Bernie or Biden to run. Not Hillery. How will they win the presidency if Hillery runs?
hawkeye10

Tue 1 Sep, 2015 11:45 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But, but the ultra conservatives want Bernie or Biden to run. Not Hillery. How will they win the presidency if Hillery runs?

Such belief in Hillary, a crappy politician with a thin resume and a even thinner list of accomplishments marks you as a chump. And at your age!
hawkeye10

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 02:02 am
Quote:
As Clinton's campaign has toughed it out through a difficult summer and been criticized by allies and donors for its fumbling response to the email controversy, allies have lamented that her team lacks someone with the confidence, trustand standing with Clinton to tell her when she is wrong.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/cheryl-mills-hillary-clinton-aide-213242#ixzz3kZAO9byl

And her not making sure that she has smart people around her who will call her on her bullshit is how we know that she is not the person for the job. It is also why she will never amount to anything.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 02:33 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

Such belief in Hillary, a crappy politician with a thin resume and a even thinner list of accomplishments marks you as a chump. And at your age!

RABEL

Case in point!

Hawk wants anyone but Hillary in that top spot. He wants Sanders, because he thinks Sanders will allow one of those conservative losers to sneak in. I think that same thing!

Well...my prediction is that Sanders is not going to be on the ticket...and although I admire his position on many issues...I am happy he will not be there.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:03 am
Frank, he's going to be there.
revelette2

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:54 am
If I was a betting person, I would bet he won't be there, neither will Biden unless he manages to get the Hispanic and the Black vote. As of yet, he isn't even running.

Quote:
There are clear differences between the Sanders and Obama campaigns. Most obvious is that Obama won 82 percent of the black vote in the 2008 primary,1 while Sanders continues to pick up less than 10 percent of black voters’ support. But the two Clinton campaigns have big differences too. The best data we have — polling, endorsements and fundraising — says Clinton is in a much stronger position now than she was at this point in the 2008 cycle.

Polling

During the summer of 2007 (June, July and August), Clinton led nationally and in many states, just as she does now. But her share of the Democratic vote in those early polls was significantly smaller than it is now. Here are the polling averages for the U.S. and the 16 states in which at least one poll was taken in both the summer of 2007 and summer of 2015.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/enten-datalab-clintonlead-1.png?w=610&h=562

Clinton is doing better in every single state. On average, she’s doing 21 percentage points better. Nationally, she’s 18 percentage points ahead of her old mark. (This shrinks to 12 percentage points if you just look at August data.)

The only state where Clinton is not doing at least 10 percentage points better is New Hampshire, which is right next door to Sanders’s home state. Even there, she has captured 8 percentage points more of the vote, on average, than she did during the summer of 2007. Clinton is running 26 percentage points ahead of where she did eight years ago in Iowa. In southern states, home to many black voters, Clinton is ahead of her 2008 pace by an average of 29 percentage points.

Simply put, Clinton has more support from Democratic primary voters this summer than she did in 2007. Moreover, no one in her polling position has lost a primary in the modern era.

Endorsements

We talk about the endorsement primary a lot at FiveThirtyEight. That’s because no other variable has been as consistently predictive of who becomes the nominee. Obama was trailing Clinton in endorsements in 2007, but he still had plenty of support from governors, House members and senators. Sanders hasn’t yet received a single endorsement from anyone in those groups.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/enten-datalab-clintonlead-2.png?w=610&h=474

Clinton, meanwhile, has 307 endorsement points2 on the FiveThirtyEight endorsement scoreboard. She has 99.7 percent of the endorsement points earned by Democratic candidates so far. She had 122 endorsement points as of Aug. 17, 2007, or 61 percent of the points then in play.

In other words, Clinton has more than twice the support within the party as she did at this point in the 2008 cycle.

Fundraising

Money isn’t nearly as predictive in election outcomes as some would have you believe. Still, Obama’s massive fundraising in 2007 was one of the earliest, clearest signs that Clinton had a fight on her hands. He pulled in 33 percent of the money raised by Democrats through June 2007. That was just behind Clinton’s 35 percent.

Through June of this year, Clinton had raised 73 percent of all money donated to Democratic presidential candidates. Sanders had raised 23 percent. Clinton also has plenty of PAC and super PAC money behind her, and Sanders has chosen not to rely on super PAC support.

Again, money isn’t everything. But compared with the 2008 cycle, Clinton is in a far better relative position for when the primaries turn away from the early contests to larger states in which television advertisements will be paramount.

By pretty much every metric, Clinton is in a stronger position than she was at this point eight years ago. That doesn’t mean she is guaranteed to win, but the 2016 Democratic presidential primary is not the 2008 primary.

source

Hillary has lost some votes due to constants hits on her campaign, but considering how relentless it is, she really isn't doing too bad and personally I think the whole email thing is going backfire on the republicans unless something really significant comes out of it which so far it hasn't.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 07:50 am
I'm suffering from a bit of Clinton bashing fatigue. With so many people making so many mountains out of molehills, I'm developing a reflexive Clinton support mechanism. I'm expecting to hear that she ties her shoelaces wrong any day now. (Well, not wrong because they keep her shoes on her feet, but not in the way that is approved by the State Department.)
0 Replies