When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 07:32 pm
@georgeob1,
I doubt the slowdown in our economy has to do with "centrally managed regulatory regimes" It has to do with macroeconomics. When there's a slowdown in the world's economy, ours will be impacted.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
Here it is also noteworthty that our debt (relative to GDP) has increased at an even faster rate during the term of his administration due to the combined effects of a very slow recovery from a recession; continued slow economic growth, arguable due to the mountain of regulations he has imposed on the economy; and his prodigious spending in non defense areas.

No george, Obama has done very well with the the debt/gdp ratio in his term. It was skyrocketing at a 15% per annum rise the year before Obama took office, and he has brought it down to the point where it is nearly steady for the past four years-it's only been rising at the rate of 1.2% a year since 2011.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/us%20debt%20to%20gdp%20chart_zpsefwow5co.jpg
Far from having problems with the debt/GDP ratio, Obama has handled it superbly. Since the rest of your post rests on your mistaken notion of the debt/GDP ratio doing badly, all the other things you say in your post can also be disregarded.
revelette2

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 06:23 am
@Blickers,
George has a habit of just saying stuff without anything backing up his statements. When you read it, it reads real good, seems intelligent and knowledgeable, but it never is because he just says what he thinks (or what goes along with his conservative ideologies) rather than looking up the facts first. Then when you confront him with the facts, he just doubles down on his original statements.
revelette2

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 06:39 am
I have a bad feeling about the debates coming up if the last forum was anything to go by.

Matt Lauer Fields Storm of Criticism Over Clinton-Trump Forum
snood

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 06:54 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I have a bad feeling about the debates coming up if the last forum was anything to go by.

Matt Lauer Fields Storm of Criticism Over Clinton-Trump Forum

I know exactly what you mean. If Trump is allowed to filibuster his litany of debunked lies unchallenged, I think it is a disadvantage to Hillary.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:13 am
Oh my God... a journalist actually questioned Hillary Clinton about the her email scandal... what audacity! And to top it off a veteran had the similar audacity to ask her about her email Scandal is well, and he's just a mere private citizen. Who do these people think they are? It's just outrageous to think that a political candidate for president should be questioned about her illegal activities... Doesn't everyone know that she was given a pass by the Obama Department of inJustice? I think they should hang draw and quarter Matt Lauer and send those pieces to the four corners of the Earth as a warning to others.
revelette2

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:30 am
@giujohn,
Lauer spent a third of his time asking about her emails, then rushed through more important topics (which went along with the purpose of the forum) like how to defeat ISIS. A veteran asked Hillary Clinton her plan to defeat ISIS, Lauer stopped her before she could begin her reply. He continuously interrupted Clinton and not once for Trump. He let the lie of Trump slide about his not supporting the Iraq war. It was a joke, which unfortunately will not register with most people who do not keep up with this stuff. Also typical of you and your reply.
georgeob1

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 09:05 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

George has a habit of just saying stuff without anything backing up his statements. When you read it, it reads real good, seems intelligent and knowledgeable, but it never is because he just says what he thinks (or what goes along with his conservative ideologies) rather than looking up the facts first. Then when you confront him with the facts, he just doubles down on his original statements.

The histogram Blickers posted is a deceptive and incomplete description of the data behind my assertion which she/he falsely claims to have rebutted. Your rather sweeping judgments on this and other issues go beyond your apparent understanding of the issues you are addressing.

The fast rise after the deep recession of 2007/8 was in fact the slowest recovery from a recession we have seen since WWII . More significantly the slow and deceleratring rise in GDP depicted in the histogran after 2011 is the real relevant issue here, and it is - as I indicated - well below the growth rates we have seen for the last several decades. Our economy is becoming stagnant relative to its past performancce and more and more like those of the debt and regulation driven economies of the EU - and in the process develoing some of their adverse attributes like slow job creation and unemployment among the young. That is the central reason behind the growing economic divide here which gets so much episodic attention. Businesses are hesitant to invest growing piles of cash and capital in a regulatory regime they can neither forecast nor sometimes cope with . Instead of growing their market value by investing in new enterprises and new job creation they pay dividends to stockholders.
Blickers

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 10:14 am
@georgeob1,
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/us%20debt%20to%20gdp%20chart_zpsefwow5co.jpg
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
The histogram Blickers posted is a deceptive and incomplete description of the data behind my assertion which she/he falsely claims to have rebutted.

You said the country had a problem with the rising debt/GDP ratio, I posted the debt/GDP graph which shows different.

Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
More significantly the slow and deceleratring rise in GDP depicted in the histogran after 2011 is the real relevant issue here, and it is - as I indicated - well below the growth rates we have seen for the last several decades.

I'm stopping right here. George, this is NOT a graph of GDP, it is a graph of the debt/GDP ratio. The graph measuring GDP would look far different. Since the points you are supposedly making depend on the information revealed in that graph, and you don't even know what the graph actually measures, your post can be disregarded.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 10:18 am
@georgeob1,
Hi George,

Quote:
While it may not be easily visible to you I can attest to very specific regulations that inhibit economic investment and risk taking: the connection between cause and effect is very visible if you know what to look for: not hypothetical at all. Don't make the solipsistic assumption that things you are unable to discern don't exist.

Sorry, but it's not at all solipsistic to require evidence before ascribing belief. I've not claimed that they DON'T exist, merely that I believe the effects of them are overblown by those who constantly push the pro-business line. I don't go to gamblers to ask if the gambling laws constraining their activity are a smart thing, why would I rely upon Rentiers and avowed Corporatists to tell me whether or not regulations up them are a good thing?

Quote:
There is a reason our economic growth has slowed down and it is directly influencing the growing economic divide that gets so much notoriety today.

Oh, I agree. I simply disagree that it's the reasons you are describing here.

Quote:
As long as there is an economic surplus we have the luxury of maintaining a clean environment, and, relative to the rest of the world we have done very well in that area. However, without the economic growth required to pay for it, that will soon disappear. While you may be willing to put environmental issues first, many others won't if things get tough, and change will occur, even if you don't agree.

If we cannot maintain a stable environmental situation, both in our country and on the planet as a whole, there is no point to economic growth. We would be busy partying and slapping ourselves on the back while the house is burning down. What more, while we've seen that while the last 50 years of economic growth have indeed improved the daily lives of all citizens, the VAST majority of that growth has flowed to the wealthy. However, the environmental damages caused by our quest for growth are far more socialized and primarily born by the poor. This is why regulations exist in the first place and why they are a good thing. I'm not personally betting on any major lessening of environmental regulations in my lifetime - and I daresay you aren't, either.

You won't find any argument with me re: ethanol mandates. Pure political graft to farmers, mostly in the midwest and mostly in very Republican and Conservative states. While I do believe that environmentalists initially pushed for ethanol blends as a preventative, as you say, that's been shown to be false and this cause has been all but abandoned by the environmentalist movement, who have moved on to better solutions (which are rapidly evolving). I believe you're blaming the wrong people here - the Farm lobby has more to do with ethanol subsidies at this point than anyone else, by a mile.

Our world and economy are a balance of conflicting forces and desires and regulations exist to enforce that balance. American businesses and corporations have proven - proven - over the years that without regulations, they will happily **** up the enviornment, the lives of citizens, and the economy, all in the search of short-term profits. I mean, happily. The examples of them doing so are literally endless, as you know. Given the fact that over the last 50 years - truly an eyeblink, not even that, in the life of humanity - corporate and business profits, job growth and technological progress are through the ******* roof, I cannot agree that these regulations are having a meaningful long-term impact on our growth as a nation or a species. The idea that we shouldn't see a 'slowdown' of GDP or job growth for any reason without trying to immediately attack that reason is fallacious, as it ignores the cyclical nature of our system and observable reality.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 10:44 am
@Cycloptichorn,
George wrote,
Quote:
Quote:
There is a reason our economic growth has slowed down and it is directly influencing the growing economic divide that gets so much notoriety today.

Our economy slowed down, because the world's economy has slowed down. When all economies slows down, their ability to purchase American products and services also slows down. That's the result of macroeconomics.
reasoning logic

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you think that sane or retarded people disagree with this 1 and 1/2 minute video?

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
It doesn't matter what people think. The voting system in this country has existed as long as the US Constitution. We live under the auspices of the electoral college to give equal weight to smaller states. Without it, states like California, New York and Texas will always have influence on the voting results.
Those are the same three states that contributes the greatest to our GDP. I think I read recently that if California were to be a country, it would be the eight richest in the world.
In this case, money doesn't speak as loud as in other forums.
reasoning logic

Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It doesn't matter what people think.

That does seem to be obvious at this point.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:49 am
Why cant people just let go of those dammed emails?

I think Hillary is pretty what do you think?

glitterbag

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 01:02 am
@reasoning logic,
I think you are a foolish person. That does not mean you are humorous.
reasoning logic

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 01:05 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think you are a foolish person

Thank you for the complement. Don't you hate how the Canadians, Russians and the rest of the world are trying to bring Hitlary down?

revelette2

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:10 am
Washington Post Editorial: The Hillary Clinton email story is out of control
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:55 am
Quote:
Hillary Clinton said Friday that “half” of Donald Trump’s supporters could be grouped in “the basket of deplorables” at a fundraising event in New York City.

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the 'basket of deplorables'. Right?” Clinton said to applause and laughter from the crowd of supporters at an LGBT for Hillary fundraiser where Barbra Streisand performed. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it.”

“And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up,” she added.

Clinton then noted, as she has several times in the past, that Trump has “given voice” to white supremacist and anti-Semitic voices on the Internet.

source

Smile
giujohn

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:02 pm
@revelette2,
I agree...Matt Lauer only spent a third of the time on the emails, he should have spent all of his time on a very important subject... A presidential candidate who has jeopardized the Safety and Security of the United States because she feels he's above the law.
0 Replies