When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

glitterbag

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Won't that be great!!! Trump is just jealous because Putin gets to murder journalists and other pesky truth tellers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:28 pm
@Blickers,
I'm waiting for that day when we see a huge TRUMP on Red Square.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:32 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:
So they were able to hack the DNC but unable to hack Hillary?

Yes, that is the evidence so far.

There is no such evidence. We know the DNC was hacked because Wickileaks released the e mails. Intelligence agencies interested in the inner workings of U.S. foreign policy usually just read and use the insights gained. It isn't in thie interest to confirm what they learned.

Your unthinking credulity is quite amazing.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@snood,
She's right.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:38 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Paul Waldman has a good piece up now on all this...

"As you may have heard, there already seem to be many more protests from the left around the Democratic convention than there were around the Republican convention. If it seems strange to you that leftists would be protesting not the candidate who wants to deport 11 million people, ban Muslims from entering the country and roll back civil rights gains for gay Americans, but the candidate who wants to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expand Social Security and enact universal child care, well, that would only mean that you’re unfamiliar with leftist politics. For a certain kind of activist on the left, the real enemy is never the right; it’s always the liberals who are insufficiently committed to their brand of revolution."
http://wapo.st/2alSbkn

That is hardly new or even interesting. The most bitter conflicts in the early 20th century from Germany to Russia (before the revolution) were between the Communists and the Social Democrats.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:38 pm
In answer to the thread OP - she will give up her candidacy when she wins the presidency on November 8th.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:43 pm
I wish Blatham well in his quest to find a deep dark conservative conspiracy behind the enthusiasm of the Bernie supporters. Perhaps Conservatives should start investigating the liberal conspiracy to push Trump to the Republican nomination.
glitterbag

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Shame on you George, you can't possibly think that even the conservatives who claim to support Trump see Trump as a conservative. Everyone on the political spectrum recognizes what Trump is, and Trump much like Rush Limbaugh and other hate peddlers only panders to the weak minded and poorly informed. Hate only empowers the hopeless. I refuse to see the future as hopeless, I'm sure you feel the same way.
glitterbag

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Michelle Obama just knocked it out of the park. The convention goers listened and cheered. There was no disruption as some predicted. Elizabeth Warren is speaking now. the crowd loves her.
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:31 pm
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Heard a little chanting in the beginning of Elizabeth Warren's speech, but it cleared away quickly and now the crowd loves her.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:54 pm
They were chanting, "Goldman Sachs!" during Warren's speech.
McGentrix

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:00 pm
I think Michelle gagged a little when she said Hillary was their "good friend".
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:01 pm
Bernie sounds like he's making his regular campaign speech. Does he realize this is the convention to nominate Hillary?

Okay, ten minutes in he finally mentioned her.
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:08 pm
@snood,
She's a liar who stole the election from him: I think he's performing a Herculean acting job. No reasonable person would complain.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:16 pm
Alright Bernie! He finally turned it into a clearly supportive 'Hillary for President' speech. I'm relieved.
blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:31 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I wish Blatham well in his quest to find a deep dark conservative conspiracy behind the enthusiasm of the Bernie supporters.

Perhaps you should go back and re read what I actually said.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:45 pm
@snood,
He did something very clever. He began about 10 different sentences with "Hillary Clinton understands..." and ended them with aggressive liberal stands that the bernie or bust crowd couldn't possibly boo. It was almost like he was saying "go on you morons I dare you to make fools of yourselves booing our camp's positions."
blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:47 pm
Steve Schmidt just cracked a very funny joke. He said that Michelle's speech was so good that we might see it at the next GOP convention.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:50 pm
@Kolyo,
Yes. It was very well constructed and paced to achieve that end.

I watched a post-Bernie speech interview with three of the bernie or bust group. None of them was very bright. But they were young and they got involved and that's a good thing.