When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Fri 22 Jul, 2016 04:23 pm
Yes. It was in there with the frog and the agate.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:36 pm
@blatham,
Someone thumbed you up on this, but I expect it had to do more with the fact that you were parrying (sp?) me.

So whomever thumbed up blatham's comment, please tell us what he meant
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It wasn't a parry. It was a "what do boys have in their pocket" pleasantry.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 04:05 pm
@blatham,
Well let's see if the dolt thumbs this up.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 05:18 pm
http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/

Clinton's DNC buds torpedoed a presidential candidate and propped another up, perverting democracy. Bernie didn't have a chance.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 06:04 pm
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/21/hours-before-hillary-clintons-vp-decision-likely-pick-tim-kaine-praises-the-tpp/

Hillary and Tim
Sitting in a tree
Selling us out
To the TPP

Shame.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 06:30 pm
And here we have what we knew.

Kaine pushes the TPP, wants to deregulate the banks, and do battle with the progressive wing of the Democrat party.

Battle starts earlier than he may have anticipated.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/20/1550296/-Kaine-wants-to-pass-TPP-deregulate-banks-and-do-battle-w-the-progressive-wing-of-the-party-WTF
edgarblythe

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 07:56 pm
@Lash,
A kick in the ass to liberals, be we all knew it was coming, didn't we?
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
She let Bernie largely have the party platform, she let the centrists have the VP.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:25 pm
Eric Kleefeld Retweeted
POLITICO Magazine ‏@POLITICOMag 2m2 minutes ago
Kaine was once thought too liberal to win statewide in VA. So why is he being treated like Joe Lieberman: Part II?
snood

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:27 pm
Nothing will staunch the bleeding from the wounds of the Bernie faithful.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:40 pm
@snood,
Bernie's a good guy. Idealistic and passionate and aligned with my values in many ways. The direction of his push has been valuable.

But his fans who echo Trump's idiocy that one man can create drastic change overnight are deluded.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:47 pm
Here is a NY Times photo from 1970 (it ran on page one) of Tim Kaine's father in law enrolling his daughters and son at integrated public schools.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoAo1JhUIAEwaw4.jpg
h/t Jonathan Martin
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:52 pm
@blatham,
Shill. He espouses anti-progressive policies.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:59 pm
Peter Daou Retweeted
Rob Flaherty ‏@Rob_Flaherty 2h2 hours ago
Tim Kaine is a super boring VP pick who's boringly taken on the boring coal lobby and the snoozer gun lobby and the yawnfest tobacco lobby.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:13 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Bernie's a good guy. Idealistic and passionate and aligned with my values in many ways. The direction of his push has been valuable.

But his fans who echo Trump's idiocy that one man can create drastic change overnight are deluded.

Never had the kind of problem with Sanders as I have with the delusional zombie-brat dregs of feel-the-Berners who labor to keep Hillary hate alive. They've relegated themselves to a whiny, irrelevant peanut gallery. They hiss and spit at the great, unworthy, impure masses, and stroke themselves for being the only honorable beings left. Buncha sickos.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:27 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Never had the kind of problem with Sanders as I have with the delusional zombie-brat dregs

I know.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:28 pm
Re discussion earlier on Fox, Ailes and the Murdochs, here's a great piece from Nieman Lab. I've bolded one interesting bit...

Quote:
"Frankenstein? Indeed. Roger Ailes deserves some kind of award for his genius in inventing Fox News. Certainly, he borrowed from his funder Rupert Murdoch’s combative, biased, and hot tabloids, importing those sensibilities into the U.S. — where cooler if muddled standards of ethics had kept things in (too often boring) check.

“Fair and balanced,” the Orwellian branding that Ailes attached to the Fox News brand brought a gale of laughs in the meeting at which it was introduced, one person in the room tells me. But it has long managed to throw some of its critics off their game. To be clear, Ailes and Fox didn’t pick Trump. But Trump picked up on all the groundwork Ailes laid for two decades, fertile soil for a master manipulator of media and of branding."
http://bit.ly/2a0w4mG
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 07:08 am
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
Nothing will staunch the bleeding from the wounds of the Bernie faithful.

Plus you have the added problem of figuring which of the Bernie faithful are legit and which are Republicans working online to prevent Hillary, whom Republicans think is the strongest candidate, from getting the nomination.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 07:30 am
I read the article about the DNC staff emails and some of them working to undermine Bernie Sanders. Personally, I don't think it made a difference one way or another. Bernie Sanders just didn't appeal to enough demographics to win. However, it does speak to some of the members of the DNC and how the DNC needs to reformed, those members who participated needs to be fired.

Hacked emails are posted online as Democrats’ convention nears
0 Replies