When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@blatham,
Yellow is impossible to read.
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:33 pm
@Baldimo,

Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
You mean she had on a dress that an average woman can buy and not the $12,000 dresses and pant suits worn by Michelle and Hillary? For shame Ivanka!

No, it means that she went out of her way to financially profit off a moment that is should be both solemn and joyous-when her father gets one step away from the presidency. She's turning it into a sales opportunity. She put a link on Twitter the next day to where they can buy the dress.

The Trumps are Ferengi.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:40 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

But not many in media seem to be considering the parallels I noted earlier between Ted Cruz's move on the night before last and Nixon's tactical connivences to set himself up to be perceived as the guy who was right all along - even if that perception/agreement might come a few years up the road.

Well, that's simply because they're not as brilliant as you.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:41 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Murdoch isn't stupid. Evil, obviously

Hello Mr Binary
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know. Sorry.
"There wasn't one person in the room"
"not one"
There wasn't one person in the room"
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:43 pm
@blatham,
It is off-putting, but surely you have an answer in your back pocket.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Well, that's simply because they're not as brilliant as you.

One or two. On a good day for them. Maybe.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It is off-putting, but surely you have an answer in your back pocket.

I have some notions about this but I'm not sure I have it right or complete enough. Thus my request for others to look at it and think about it and get some other ideas and perspectives.
Baldimo

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:49 pm
@Blickers,
God forbid, she put a link on twitter. Did you stop to think she got inquires as to where she got the dress? At $138 it is much more in line with what your average woman to afford. I wonder if Hillary will put a link to her $12,000 pant suit she wore to the speech she gave on inequality?
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Ferengi. She's using a milestone very few people experience and is turning it into a planned sales opportunity.

The Trumps can't see the difference between running a country, where important things are at stake, and winning in business, where the only thing that matters is if you come out ahead.
Baldimo

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 01:04 pm
@Blickers,
If she had given that same info while giving her speech you might have a point. She posted a link on twitter, on her own twitter... I don't see the foul.
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
I do. She can wear any dress she wants, of course, and as a professional model not so many years ago there's no doubt she'd look great in any of them. But hawking them the next day is over the top.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 01:37 pm
@blatham,
Personally I don't see how he has even made it through life given the way he expresses himself. Surely he won't become president. I can well believe the big wigs in the republican party just decided to sit out this election and gear up for the next one, which we will probably lose they will be so prepared. There can be no explanation for his having made it so far towards becoming the President of the United States. Gawd.
DrewDad

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 01:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Repetition of this sort, often within a single sentence or within two adjacent sentences or within a very short (what a generous person might call a) paragraph.

Have you ever heard anyone talk like this before? Anyone care to analyze what is going on here?

IMO, he's speaking extemporaneously, and he's trained himself to fill gaps with repetition instead of placeholders like "um" and "uh."

I've met a few other people who do that.
RABEL222

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 02:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I dont agree with you all that much when you are attacking the U S, but in this case you are 100% right.

Quote:
can be directly linked to Bush's disastrous presidency. It will take at least a generation to sort that mess out. God knows how much damage an idiot like Trump can inflict on the outside World.
blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 02:18 pm
@revelette2,
I can't see ahead that far right now. Too much flying around in the air. Some tendencies are visible but god knows what this cycle will produce.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 02:31 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
he's trained himself to fill gaps with repetition instead of placeholders like "um" and "uh."

Thanks. You're the first one to give this a shot and it's a good one.

I think of his repetition similarly but conceive of it as filler. The way I differentiate his technique from the standard sort of placeholder you mention is that those tend to leave a space/pause where the other(s) engaged might interject. Trump doesn't want anyone else interjecting. He wants to dominate the conversation. The repeated statements (up to four repetitions in the above) also serve a domination goal in the manner that four punches in the face "works better" than one punch in the face. And, of course, when there is so much this guy doesn't know, the filler/repetition and domination function to
cover up what he doesn't know or can't answer or can't expand upon.

It seems to me clearly a means of bullying and control. But I also see a similarity in the repetition with those guys at the mall or at Costco selling Magic Whatevers whose patter is marked by repetition and expansive claims.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 02:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Every American president, by virtue of the power of the position, can create huge problems for the world that require decades to fully understand and explain. Starting and continuing wars are only the most obvious, and party affiliation is no predictor.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 02:34 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It seems to me clearly a means of bullying and control.

See? I knew you had one in your back pocket.
Lash

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:09 pm
http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/will_clinton_vp_pick_be_pronounced_middle_finger_20160722

Hillary is going right with her VP pick to attract her Republican backers. Why? Why would a Democrat use her big selection to pander to REPUBLICANS?

Cause she's a DINO.

Nodding. Uh huh.

0 Replies