When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Builder

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 02:16 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
OMG!! Your "source" uses RT...snip

They're eclipsing the BBC for credibility, and virtually replaced Al Jazeera in the content department. Try and keep up, Blickers.

Quote:
In the US, UK and most of the EU, mainstream TV viewers can't get full information on what is even happening in their own countries, let alone to their own countries There seems to be an interest to support the status quo, even if that status quo appears to be in need of urgent discussion.

Russia Today TV makes global news worth watching again. It's a different voice.

Let's face it. Russia TV presenters and correspondents don't mince words when criticising the US and EU domestic and foreign policy mistakes and fallacies in all fields of human endeavour.

But who can blame Russia Today for doing that? After the demise of the Soviet Union, Russia has kept its distance from intervening in world affairs so it had a lot of time to watch what was going on. And what is going on is not a pretty sight. It found that EU and US have turned the world into their own playground with wars, bombing and financial collapses.

Quote:
The voices and views behind most documentaries shown by Russia Today are not Russian but American.

The documentaries are produced in the US but don't get distributed there nor in any UK channel.

While BBC takes many months and millions of pounds to set up documentaries that toe the official BBC editorial line (not too critical of anything and always underlining that our societies are much better than others), Russia TV has been mining the documentaries of the US and world independent sector. The kind of committed, hard-hitting, really riveting documentaries that don't find a conduit in the traditional mainstream democratic TV media.

Subjects covered are poverty, war, banking fraud, unemployment, surveillance and pollution. All the subject that are no-no's in most Western TV channels.

Have you seen any anti-Monsanto documentary on American of British TV? We don't think so, since the US Congress even approved a law to make Monsanto the company and its executives free from any future prosecution if their crops turn out to be toxic in 50 years time. Russia Today has aired a number of amazing documentaries about GMO crops. Unheard of on the BBC.

Russia TV has also covered exclusively the two global anti-Monsanto marches in more than 400 cities. This event only carried a small piece in the news of the BBC and ITV and only about a demonstration in Parliament Square in their London section.

It's such a popular format, that the BBC is planning to emulate RT's format, to the extent of using Russian-speaking news readers. (my bolds)

Quote:
The BBC is proposing to set up a new World Service satellite news channel for Russian speakers, in a direct challenge to Russia Today, the Kremlin-funded television service found guilty of impartiality breaches.

The World Service would expand services in Russia, North Korea, the Middle East and other territories where state-sponsored broadcasters are denying audiences an impartial and independent source of news.

The problem for the BBC is, however, that it already has a larger budget than RT, plus a half-century head-start. The problem is not about a lack of funding, it is about a lack of credibility, something all the money on Wall Street and London cannot buy.

Source
Lash

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 05:41 am
@Blickers,
Our media is in collusion with Clintons and the DNC. We'll be froths only impartial news from outside sources.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:04 am
@Lash,
Please stop spamming us with pages from conspiracy-theory rags.

Really. Nobody but you, or maybe gungasnake, takes any of them seriously.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:28 am
@Lash,
There are several things wrong with your accusation.

1. You are insinuating that the Clinton's had him killed. (Vince Foster all over again?)
2. He was not on trial for anything to do with the Clintons.
3. Any financial crime committed in 1992 would be past the statute of limitations so there would be no investigation by any officials.

It seems you have retained the RW part of you that feels it is OK to throw mud at the wall and see what sticks. You are hardly a liberal if you do that.
parados

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:31 am
@Builder,
OMG.. a blogger from RT thinks RT is doing a better job than the BBC.
Lash

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 08:53 am
@parados,
There was a great deal of interest about how much he would say about Ng and the Clintons. He was negotiating for immunity...like so many around Clinton.
maporsche

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:07 am
@Lash,
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/61587783.jpg
Lash

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:08 am
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/nyregion/john-ashe-top-united-nations-official-is-accused-in-bribery-scheme.html

Background.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:16 am
@maporsche,
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/61587783.jpg

Lash is not really going off the deep end, she's just adopting the position of converted progressive so she can take the same attacks the Right has been throwing at the Clintons since 1992 and remake them as attacks seeming to come from the Left. Same stuff as always.
maporsche

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:21 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Lash is not really going off the deep end, she's just adopting the position of converted progressive so she can take the same attacks the Right has been throwing at the Clintons since 1992 and remake them as attacks seeming to come from the Left. Same stuff as always.

Yeah it's fairly obvious that she's not a liberal. She came over to 'support' Obama because he was running against Clinton. She now 'supports' Bernie because he's running against Clinton.

She just hates Clinton. I've never had as much hate for my worst enemy than she has for Clinton.
Blickers

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:28 am
@maporsche,
After FDR, the Democrats and liberals had a big majority politically. To conservatives, Ronald Reagan with his big victory in 1984 and high popularity, was the conservative version of FDR-the man who will set the country on a conservative political course for several decades. The election of Bush 41, Reagan's vice president, as president sealed the deal, for what greater tribute can a country make to a president than to elect his vice president? Clearly you are voting for a continuation of the Reagan presidency.

Then Clinton upset all that by getting elected. This attacked the idea that the whole country was turning Republican after Reagan. The attacks turned personal, and they haven't stopped in 25 years. That's why conservatives detest the Clintons, although they will never admit it. The Clintons broke up their fantasy of conservative dominance from here on.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:35 am
@maporsche,
Actually she (lash) said she was "jazzed" by Obama but was turned off because he didn't attend to his senate duties and vote enough. She said she sat out that year when I pointed out McCain sat out more votes than did Obama. We have to take her at her word since as far I know, there is no way to prove it otherwise.

0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:37 am
@Blickers,
Kind of what I said at the beginning of the democrat primary season when she came back to A2k. I have been going back and forth on deciding on whether it is true or not. I still haven't come to a firm decision.
Blickers

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:43 am
@revelette2,
It's okay, rev, make your own decision.
revelette2

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:47 am
@Blickers,
That is just it, I can't seem to come to a firm decision and lately I have come to see it hardly matters. The results are the same either way.
snood

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:50 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
She just hates Clinton. I've never had as much hate for my worst enemy than she has for Clinton.

Early on in this election cycle, I likened her hatred of Hillary to that of a teen-aged girl toward the rival girl who stole her boyfriend. I was roundly denounced for employing a sexist metaphor. I was just trying to explain my perception of the way over-the-top, extreme, obsessive hatred I see being expressed. It has the vendetta flavor of someone who has been personally injured. It has never made sense.
Blickers

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@revelette2,
That's true-the things and people Lash now attacks turn out to be the same people she attacked as a conservative, only for different ostensible reasons.

It's okay, it's a message board. The last time I looked, nobody ever got sent to jail for being a progressive impersonator.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:55 am
@Lash,
Immunity isn't given to get info on crime that is 12 years past the statute of limitations. No prosecutor would do such a thing and no court would accept it if they did.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 03:51 pm
@parados,
Quote:
....RT is doing a better job than the BBC.

Yes, the BBC thinks so to the point of emulating them.

Interesting that you quote CNN and think they're credible. :-)
glitterbag

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:02 pm
@snood,
Early on in this election cycle, I likened her hatred of Hillary to that of a teen-aged girl toward the rival girl who stole her boyfriend. I was roundly denounced for employing a sexist metaphor. I was just trying to explain my perception of the way over-the-top, extreme, obsessive hatred I see being expressed. It has the vendetta flavor of someone who has been personally injured. It has never made sense.
[/quote].

When you made the comparison some time back it wasn't sexist. It's foolish to think teens (who are really just adults with children's instincts) don't behave in childish ways.
I'll get back to this later, I was just released from the hospital and am trying to recover from pneumonia. I've never had pneumonia and didn't realize how quickly I would tire. I'm going to be fine, but I need to respect the illness so I can get rid of it. So enough of that, I yield the floor to folks who are actually discussing the topic.