When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:09 am
@revelette2,
Re open borders, I agree with him and you as well. He said there's no way in hell we can raise the minimum wage to $15. and pay every Tom, Dick and Harry who walks in. They need to be citizens, but he is resolved to create a fair path to legal citizenship for those who want it.

I guess I should have put this in the Bernie's In thread.

I'm excited that you like him.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:10 am
@oralloy,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:13 am
@izzythepush,
I appreciate you giving me little insights and background re Brit politics. I'm going to try to start following. It's ridiculous not to - we're all so intertwined.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm

http://www.dumblittleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/excited-little-girl-main_article_new.jpg

0 Replies

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:18 pm
Trust a woman who understands the day to day life and needs of average people.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/249596-hillarys-haircut-600

The Hispanic community in LA asked if she could lower the price of a ticket to attend her fundraiser in October, so they'd feel like they were a part of their party. No. $2700. is the ticket price.

I hope they see this.
snood

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:48 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I agree. And very popular (dare I say populist?) presidents with an active grassroots organization can increase pressure on Congress using their constituents.

Obama had grassroots operations for both his elections. And as for having populist, grassroots support:
After the massacre of 20 children at Sandy Hook, 90% of people polled across the country were in favor of new background check legislation. Obama did endless appearances and made endless statements trying to get at least some sensible gun legislation from the terrible
tragedy. The sold-out, soulless slugs in Congress who bow down to the whims of the NRA and filthy rich donors smothered the movement. And now, even after tragedies have increased and become almost too commonplace to lead the evening news casts, sensible gun legislation is almost a pipe dream.

The support of a president's constituency is undoubtedly a good thing. But don't get too carried away with projecting what mountains Sanders would move when he comes up against the deaf dumb and blind insanity of his opposition.
Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:51 pm
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/07/29/michael_bay_s_13_hours_benghazi_movie_trailer_the_secret_soldiers_of_benghazi.html
Looks interesting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:14 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Obama did endless appearances and made endless statements trying to get at least some sensible gun legislation from the terrible tragedy.

In other words, he tried to abolish America's freedom because he hates the Constitution.

snood wrote:
The sold-out, soulless slugs in Congress who bow down to the whims of the NRA and filthy rich donors smothered the movement.

In other words, the American people stood up to Mr. Obama and would not allow him to abolish our freedom.

And now the repercussions of that debacle are going to give the Republicans the White House in 2016, and the Supreme Court very soon thereafter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:15 pm
@Lash,
Fundraisers are called fundraisers for a reason. They are not meet-and-greets.
RABEL222

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
" we dont talk about that in my house?"

I would never say that but my wife would.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
The more important task we have is changing Congress with the 2016 and 2020 elections.

Amen brother! We liberals havent been preaching enough about the fact that a republican congress is going to say no to a democratic president no matter how much it hurts the country.
hawkeye10

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:34 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
The more important task we have is changing Congress with the 2016 and 2020 elections.

Amen brother! We liberals havent been preaching enough about the fact that a republican congress is going to say no to a democratic president no matter how much it hurts the country.

sounds like a great argument for electing an R President..."Vote R, so that something gets done". Divided government is not working, the Congress is going to stay R, so POTUS is the place to make the change.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:44 pm
@snood,
As a teacher - and I guess just as part of who I am - I set high goals and I'm enthused with a hell of a lot more confidence than most people would consider normal. I tell all my students I expect college graduation invitations - and I mean it. I dance around and coax and cajole and demand. There's no kid in my class I give up on, and I don't mind telling you that is not the case universally. I've had veteran teachers sit me down and tell me to stop worrying about this one or that one.

This spirit of "I can if I want to" and "everything is possible if I do my part" is very Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney putting on a show in the old barn, but I swear it works for me. It's probably the biggest part of who I am.

And since it is, I'm well aware that most people look down their noses at me. My little engine that could is laughable to a lot of people, but immature or earnest or whatever word someone would like to apply to it, it just doesn't matter to me.

I'd rather be considered simplistic or naive or worse, and be passionate about what I believe in than someone who just sits around calculating and giving up on things that are important.

I know nobody asked for that silly speech, but it came out as I thought about snood's statement "don't get too carried away." LOL I am carried away right now. I'm so damn excited that there is a chance that my country might just be wrestled away from the corrupt people who are profiting on The US's destruction. I've been furious about it for years, and I can't believe I actually have a chance to get my ass out in the street and fight against corruption and for equality and for decent lives for the people who live and work and die in this country.

Anyway. Stepping down from my soapbox.

I know the odds.

This isn't my first rodeo.

And, still I'm carried away.

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:52 pm
@ehBeth,
I read the article after you interested me in Bernie's relationship with Hispanics - I was reading about all the candidate's approaches.

You may agree with how the Clinton campaign treated LA Hispanics who couldn't afford her price, but I thought it was cold and symbolic of her distaste for people who can't pay her price.
snood

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:53 pm
@Lash,
Jesus Lash. You want to take my whole post, single out "don't get carried away" and then couch it like I'm the grinch and you're the good witch. I know the power of praise and positivity ( my present clients are all aged 5 - 16), but I was talking about the reality of Washington politics. Does your excitement about Sanders preclude you from acknowledging and giving credence to any facts that don't neatly fit the scenario of "Bernie saves the country from itself"?
ehBeth

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:56 pm
@Lash,
Jesus Murphy.

Enjoy yourself.
parados

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 02:25 pm
@ehBeth,
OMG. I sent a tweet to Bernie and he didn't respond within 5 minutes. Clearly he doesn't care about us lowly citizens.

Drunk
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 02:33 pm
@snood,
I don't know how you could misread my intent like that.

I said that post is what flowed from my thoughts when I saw your "don't get carried away." Not one negative thought about you entered my mind.

I was explaining how that part of who I am isn't daunted by "the reality of Washington politics." I mean right now - there's a media black out against Bernie to thwart his ability to change his name recognition deficit and you can be assured Hillary and her billionaire media moguls are behind it.

I know the David and Goliath scenario and Goliath has the media in his back pocket, but I'm not stopping until he wins or loses.

Quote:
Does your excitement about Sanders preclude you from acknowledging and giving credence to any facts that don't neatly fit the scenario of "Bernie saves the country from itself"?

Too vague.
snood

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 04:00 pm
@Lash,
Vague. Okay. Guess I'm questioning if your zeal for "Bernie" affects your ability to weigh things objectively. But we're obviously not communicating well right now - I saw my question as perfectly clear.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:31 pm
“If it’s undecided when I become president, I will answer your question”
And there it is...

That's Hillary's response to whether or not she supports Keystone.

Really?

......Really?

I've never seen a quote which so clearly demonstrates everything wrong with Hillary's campaign and her politics-- actually this shows everything that's wrong with politics in America. It would've been better if she just came out and said she's in favor of it. But this non-answer answer is part of a much larger pattern and problem that seems to be all to common for Hillary. Entitlement? Check. Obfuscation? Check.

How can anyone support this type of campaigning? It's INFURIATING to me. No you don't get to wait until you're President to answer real questions... you answer them NOW, while you're running. This quote will haunt her... the ads pretty much write themselves.