When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:08 am
@snood,
I just remember Blickers talking of an announcement..
glitterbag

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:12 am
@revelette2,
Some folks are so twisted with hate they actually believe opposition party candidates must be corrupt and hru massive cover ups they have managed to avoid jail. Think of Putin's Russia
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:16 am
@revelette2,
It's a mistake to buy that statement. Clinton legal wrangling to force language in the media is very likely at work. I'm confident, as are many others, that in the same vein as "what the meaning of is is," Clinton lawyers have threatened media outlets about their language.

Have you noticed how they all say "the server is under investigation." Servers don't commit behavior. Servers are inanimate objects. Of course they are investigating Hillary. Clinton lawyers are successfully pressing the language angle.

glitterbag

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:18 am
@revelette2,
Voila
snood

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:20 am
@glitterbag,
Yup, right on cue.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:40 am
@Lash,
As though the Clinton's have that kind of power, I think you inflate their level of influence way beyond any reasonable logic. If they had that kind of power, I doubt she would have gotten the negative press she has gotten through out these many years.

It makes sense that they are going through all her emails to see if anyone from overseas or even domestically hacked into her computer for any kind of reason which would deal with security issues.
Lash

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:43 am
@revelette2,
The Clintons most definitely have that kind of power. Why do you think people call it the Clinton Machine?
Blickers

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:43 am
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
I just remember Blickers talking of an announcement..

Yes, I'll have to look it up precisely, but as I understand a few weeks ago the FBI said that they will be announcing-whether it's to the public or to Hillary alone I'm not sure-whether they will pursue an indictment in a few months.

That time frame would possibly include the Democratic Convention in late July. It is basically the reason, I think, that Bernie is going to stay in the race up until the convention, in case the FBI does pursue an an indictment and Hillary withdraws, (if she does). Once Bernie "suspends his candidacy" and sends everyone home, he essentially has put himself out of the running. He wants to stay in the running right to convention time. Even if the announcement of the pursuit of an indictment comes down a couple of weeks after the convention, (if it even comes at all, which is a longshot), Bernie's name would still be fresh in everybody's mind and it would be hard to put anyone but Bernie at the top of the ticket. If Bernie had withdrawn weeks ago, he would be considered out of it and possibly somebody else might get to be Hillary's replacement in that event.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:46 am
@Lash,
Because they have a very organized powerful election team and just powerful political friends and associates they have amassed through out these years.
georgeob1

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:39 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

It makes sense that they are going through all her emails to see if anyone from overseas or even domestically hacked into her computer for any kind of reason which would deal with security issues.

That Hillary's server was hacked by numerous individuals and likely foreign agencies is a virtual certainty according to most of the IT folks I know. Indeed several self proclaimed hackers have come forward with claims that they have done so. I believe the investigation stems from the obvious violation of published rules and Policy for Federal Agencies ( and confirmed by the State Dept. IG), as well as the already confirmed occurrence of very highly classified material on her server. The FBI has subpoenaed several of Hillary's assistants for depositions on the matter, though they have not yet done so with Hillary. She has proclaimed that she is "fully cooperating with the investigation, but it is at least interesting that she has not volunteered to communicate directly with the investigors in either the FBI or even the State Dept. IG's investigation
roger

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:57 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

No, not blackmailing. Just planning to blackmail.

So, what's planning to blackmail? Blackmail or just extortion?
Lash

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:59 pm
@revelette2,
Yes. Like Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall. Quite a little operation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 01:07 pm
@roger,
Playing their long suit. I believe that's how Hoover saw it.
revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 01:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Officials: Scant evidence that Clinton had malicious intent in handling of emails

Quote:
Prosecutors and FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server have so far found scant evidence that the leading Democratic presidential candidate intended to break classification rules, though they are still probing the case aggressively with an eye on interviewing Clinton herself, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

FBI agents on the case have been joined by federal prosecutors from the same office that successfully prosecuted 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui — and who would handle any Edward Snowden case, should he ever return to the country, according to the U.S. officials familiar with the matter. And in recent weeks, prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia and their FBI counterparts have been interviewing top Clinton aides as they seek to bring the case to a close.

CNN reported Thursday that longtime Clinton aide Huma Abedin was among those interviewed. A lawyer for Abedin did not immediately return an email seeking comment.

The involvement of the U.S. Attorney’s Office is not indicative that charges are imminent or even likely. One official said prosecutors are wrestling with the question of whether Clinton intended to violate the rules, and so far, the evidence seemed to indicate she did not.

The above is a liberal source, however their source is the WP.
snood

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

snood wrote:

No, not blackmailing. Just planning to blackmail.

So, what's planning to blackmail? Blackmail or just extortion?

Not really that well versed in felonies. Just noted that the passage in question was referring to actions that would be taken if Hillary became president. It was hypothetical. Hence, in the planning, verses the acting stage.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Playing their long suit. I believe that's how Hoover saw it.

I've heard lots of anecdotes about Hoover and his files on important people.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:40 pm
@revelette2,
In true Clintonian fashion it depends on the meaning you assign to "intended to break the rules". In the case of the State Department the policy requiring all Department employees to use only their government e mail accounts for official business was published by Secretary Hillary Clinton herself, so it's a bit hard to imagine that her documented persistence in isolating her e mail from government servers (and FOIA requests) did not involve ANY conscious intentionality.

Secondly there are several laws that apply in this case. Some (not all) require proof of intentionality. For others the standard is gross neglegence in the handling of sensitive national security material, whether it is marked as such or not. The Clinton machine has been very careful to overlook this possibility in insisting that she didn't knowingly break any rules and didn't intentionally endanger national security information. The fact is she actually did break the rules and did indeed endanger national security information.

She makes fine distinctions here and relies on her credulous supporters to overlook the obvious. After Benghazi she claimed that no one had informed her of the repeated requests from embassy and security staff for added security at their facilities, even as the Departnent reduced them. No military commander or corporate CEO or responsible corporate Board member could get away with this in the case of serious issues or bad outcomes. They must meet an objective standard, based on the results that occur. Not knowing is no excuse for those truly responsible.
glitterbag

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:50 pm
@georgeob1,
You must have been out sick when Congress reduced the State Department's budget and also when Sec. Clintons request for additional funding was denied.
georgeob1

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:58 pm
@glitterbag,
In the Benghazi case there were indeed sufficient security funds available to comply with the repeated requests from Department security officials in Libya. Indeed there was testimony to that effect in the Benghazi hearings from them. No rebuttal or contradiction was offered by the Department.

Federal Department Secretaries have significan discretion in allocating resources, though yours is indeed a frequent excuse for those who fail.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 03:09 pm
Benghazi's been investigated seven or more times. She came out alright in all the investigations, most of them by Republican committees who hate her guts. How much are you going to go around and around this never ending merry-go-round?