When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
That is the way I feel in theaters, it is so loud it hurts my ears, yet I still can't hear the words. My granddaughters want me to take them to see Alice in the Looking glass next, I know I'll be frustrated...
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 05:53 pm
@snood,
Just the usual conservative republican rant.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:01 pm
@Brand X,
Truthfully, I don't think the consensual sex with Monica hurts him that badly. Even though she was very young and a subordinate at work - facts that ruined the careers of other CEOs - at least it wasn't rape.

If Trump wants to go low - and you know he does - reviving the stories of the women who accused Clinton of forcible rape - and at the same time, tasking Hillary to answer for her Women First stance of believing the women who claim to have been raped - would nail her coffin closed.

Of course, Trump has shady women issues too. Not sure he can go there.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:03 pm
@revelette2,
You must not think Trump has surrogates... or that everyone will know who's behind it.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:07 pm
@snood,
You put your finger on the problem. Money that buys politicians and media.Some people have the illusion that only Fox is bought but the fact is that all media is bought.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Everyone knows you're dead straight on this - hence the downthumbs.

The truth irritates the majority here.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:14 pm
@revelette2,
And then there are British videos, loud enough but leave me lost.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:15 pm
@parados,
A good point. Name recog is everything.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:15 pm
@Lash,
So Hillary have some duty to believe some woman over her husband??????
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:16 pm
@parados,
Its like unions. Union members have to pay dues to support the people who negotiate their benefits. But people who dont want to pay dues still get the benefits that the union members pay for. They can thank the republican union busters for this little benefit to nonunion workers.
cicerone imposter

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:18 pm
@RABEL222,
It's been proven that unions have helped elevate the wages of nonunion workers.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:19 pm
@RABEL222,
I think that is the first time I've thumbed Rabel up.

I think Bernie's truth and logic is finally sinking in with people.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:23 pm
How about having one quarter of states voting in the same month. We could start with the smallest populated states and work toward the largest populated states. One section a week or do the opposite and start with the largest populations. Ok someone, destroy my conjecture.
cicerone imposter

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:24 pm
@RABEL222,
It ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:54 pm
As of today, Hillary only needs 180 more delegates to reach the number needed to get the nomination. There are 933 regular delegates yet to be decided.

Hillary only needs 344 of the 933 to have the majority of regular delegates.

Bernie needs 982 delegates to get the nomination. So there is no way for him to win this with regular delegates. There are 153 super delegates that have not committed.

Bernie is NOT going to get 71% of the remaining delegates. He will be lucky to get 50% of them. Basically, Bernie needs 90% of the remaining delegates to have enough total delegates to win outright. He could get some super delegates to switch but that is unlikely if he doesn't get the majority of the regular delegates which requires that 71% magic number. If Hillary gets 50% in NJ, Puerto Rico and DC where she is polling well ahead of Bernie, she will only need 80 delegates beyond that. That means she will only need 17% of California, where she is polling at 50%.
cicerone imposter

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:04 pm
@parados,
Seems Bernie is fighting a lost cause.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:30 pm
@parados,
Only the misguided are counting superdelegates. They sway in the wind.
Blickers

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:50 pm
@Lash,
The superdelegates will only swing toward Bernie-maybe-if he gets a majority of elected delegates. That's going to take 71% of the vote, as Parados posted. The 53-47 victories aren't going to do it for him.
Lash

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:56 pm
@Blickers,
I hear you, and that's a valid point.

However,...

There's another issue to be factored in.

The DNC and the media did an impressive job suppressing the dissemination of info about Bernie during the first several months of the campaign. In the absence of a known alternative, name recognition rules.

It is arguable that anyone else in the world - certainly in American politics - has the name recog HRC does. So, she's sailing through contests early on.

As people (who aren't ridiculous politics freaks like us) slowly find out about Bernie, things change. He attracts millions. Nobody has thousands of excited people at rallies...

So, the momentum appears to be with Bernie.

Momentum can change everything.

Is it enough? On time for a crazy convention showdown?

We'll see.

Indiana bodes well for that scenario.