When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Blickers

Mon 2 May, 2016 07:54 pm
@revelette2,
Thanks, Revellete.

Lash just insulted all the people on A2K by acting like every well-known piece of information must be linked. Good thing she doesn't deal with astronomy or she will demand a link showing that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Once you proved she was taking a truly foolish position, she just immediately dropped the subject, (in her troll-like fashion), and then went on to her next nonsense post. As per usual.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:08 pm
@revelette2,
Everybody's saying something.

Sanders wins at 61.

I don't supposed you expect a link on that, do you?

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/05/01/463482/Sanders-poll-Political-Analyzer/
Blickers

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Everybody's saying something.

Sanders wins at 61.

I don't supposed you expect a link on that, do you?

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/05/01/463482/Sanders-poll-Political-Analyzer/

Do you always get your news from Iran?
parados

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:21 pm
@Lash,
Even if Sanders gets 61% of the vote in California, Hillary still gets the majority of the regular delegates and beats Sanders by over 200 delegates.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 2 May, 2016 08:41 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what the heck 'presstv' is.
izzythepush

Tue 3 May, 2016 02:32 am
@snood,
Press TV is one of the few channels actually banned over here.

Quote:
Britain took a key communications arm of the Iranian state off the airwaves on Friday when Press TV, a satellite news channel, lost its broadcasting licence.
Ofcom, the UK regulator, took this decision after Press TV repeatedly broke the broadcasting code.
In 2009, the channel showed an interview with Maziar Bahari, a "Newsweek" journalist, who had been jailed in Tehran while covering mass protests against a disputed presidential election.
Mr Bahari said this interview had been conducted under duress and his captors had threatened him with execution unless he gave the answers he wanted. Last year, Ofcom imposed a fine of £100,000 on Press TV, reversing an earlier decision to revoke the channel's licence.
As part of the investigation into this incident, Ofcom found that editorial decisions governing the channel were taken in Tehran. It wanted Press TV to be under the editorial control of the same company in London that held the broadcasting licence. Alternatively, the licence could have been transferred to Tehran.
An Ofcom spokesman said that Press TV failed to agree to these proposals, and that consequently its licence had been revoked. This decision was "not taken lightly," he added, and only a handful of licences had been taken away in the eight-year history of Ofcom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9028435/Britain-bans-Irans-Press-TV-from-airwaves.html<br />

It amazes me that someone who claims to be a teacher could make such a massive blunder. I'm glad our teachers are a bit more aware of the outside World. (That's assuming Lash is a teacher, personally I doubt it, I don't think America's education system can be that bad.)
snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 04:22 am
@izzythepush,
Although it's a really stupid thing for her to be doing, it's not a blunder, as in a mistake. It's just the best she knows how to do..She just trolls the depths for anything pro-Bernie and anti-Hillary, then tries to say it's something she just happenstanced across. She's used the "statistics" from rightwing rags as if they were credible.

Oh yeah, she's a great educator - didn't you know?
Setanta

Tue 3 May, 2016 04:33 am
Clinton give up yet?

'K . . . i'll come back later.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:03 am
@snood,
It's Happy Teachers day, maybe we'll giver her a break today, you think?

It is also Indiana Primary voting day. Hope Hillary lives up to expectations there.
Blickers

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:27 am
@revelette2,
Nah. When she spends pages lecturing us about sources, then proudly produces a source for herself which conducts interviews where the interviewee is under threat of death to give certain answers, I don't see any reason to let that go.

Egad.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:28 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

It's Happy Teachers day, maybe we'll giver her a break today, you think?

It is also Indiana Primary voting day. Hope Hillary lives up to expectations there.

I have my doubts she is really a working teacher, but sure, no problem.
And yes, I hope she wins by double digits.
ehBeth

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:48 am
@snood,
I'd be amazed if she does that well in Indiana.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/03/476541566/heres-where-the-delegate-math-stands-before-tuesdays-indiana-primary

She's been really vocal about her support for Planned Parenthood.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/3/11565094/what-hoosiers-googled-indiana-primary

it's an interesting state

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/indiana-is-weird/
snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:50 am
@ehBeth,
You still neutral, or did you decide you have a dog in this fight?
ehBeth

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:59 am
@snood,
Still don't care for either candidate. If I was in the US, I wouldn't vote in the primaries and my vote in the general would be based on where I lived. In a swing state, I'd vote Democrat. Otherwise, I'd likely vote for Jill Stein, simply to bring up the popular vote. I would check to see if there was a vote-swapping / vote pairing option before doing that. Downballot would be straight Democrat (unless there was something insanely wrong with the candidate).

I'd be actively volunteering within the Democratic party and pushing superhard to bring in younger, more left-of-centre downballot Democratic candidates.
maporsche

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

In a swing state, I'd vote Democrat. Otherwise, I'd likely vote for Jill Stein, simply to bring up the popular vote. Downballot would be straight Democrat (unless there was something insanely wrong with the candidate).

I'd be actively volunteering within the Democratic party and pushing superhard to bring in younger, more left-of-centre downballot Democratic candidates.

This sounds completely logical.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
In the general, she might have trouble winning Indiana, but in the primary, she will probably do pretty good; at least according to 538. My sister lives in that state. She just got her Hillary shirt and put it on when Bill Clinton was in the area a week or so ago, she hollered out, "Hey, Bill, sign my shirt." He did and talked to her for a few minutes. She has all the luck. Just thought I would share.
Blickers

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:11 am
@revelette2,
Glad you did. I would have a hard time imagining ever getting to talk personally to an ex-President.

Did he seem strong? Lately, within a few minutes on TV, he looks pretty bad than perks right up and looks surprisingly healthy.
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:29 am
@Blickers,
I asked my sister how did he seem, she said he seemed fine but then my sister really doesn't notice things like that she is so healthy herself. I have such a low voice I never would have been heard even if I had enough nerve to holler out in public which I wouldn't have had. She did say he was real nice.

I just watched an interview on MSNBC with Hillary Clinton, she is such a different person when she talks than how she is represented by some of her haters.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:53 am
Just reflecting on the title of this thread. There seems to have been a misapprehension in place when composed.
Blickers

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:54 am
@blatham,
LOL. Or a hope of starting a self-fulfilling prophecy.