When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

glitterbag

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 12:40 am
@snood,
Elizabeth Warren has been very active on twitter (I don't have a twitter account and don't plan to get one) according to the Washington Post Thursday. It doesn't appear that she is a big fan of Donald Drumpf. Who knew?!
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:26 am
@snood,
Hope so, he has a way about him.

The following really don't have much to do with anything of this election, but it sort of gives an insight of how the Obama's care about Veterans.

Boom! Queen & Harry answer Obamas’ Invictus Games challenge
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:29 am
http://youtu.be/30kl5D5nUNA
Hillary is fighting against We the People.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:56 am
She has the convention bosses on payroll. Barney Frank is running the Rules Committee...

She cannot win without Independents which translates to she cannot win. Better vote for Bernie.
parados

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 07:25 am
@Lash,
OMG. Clinton is a Democrat and Democrats are in all the positions on the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Convention Rules Committee!!! And Democrats are even going to the Democratic Convention after Democrats have planned it!!!

They should be ashamed of themselves for only allowing Democrats to be involved with the Democratic party. </sarcasm>

If you want to continue the fight for Bernie, Lash. You would be better supporting local candidates that think like him. In Wisconsin, the GOP candidate won for Wisconsin Supreme Court because the Bernie voters didn't vote for any down ballot issues. You are like them, Lash. You don't know what it takes to win at all levels. You want some magic win if only we all voted for Bernie.
revelette2

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 07:40 am
@Lash,
She is winning without independents, perhaps more independents are voting for her than you know. In the latest polls, more Bernie supporter have said they will vote for Hillary if she wins the primary over Sanders.

Quote:
But a vast majority of voters said they'd eventually support whoever the nominee is (85 percent said they "definitely" or "probably" would), and Sanders supporters didn't seem overwhelmingly more likely to oppose Clinton if she wins the nomination. About 14 percent of voters said they wouldn't vote for Clinton in the general, most of them Sanders supporters; 19 percent, nearly all Clinton supporters, said they'd vote against Sanders if he were the nominee

source

Here is a letter with folks such as yourself in mind. Full of data and hard facts.

A Sanders Comeback Would Be Unprecedented

Just for the record, as bad as I wouldn't want to, I would vote for Sanders if he had won the election, just to keep the democrats in the office and to keep from a conservative Cruz or Trump from putting another Scalia on the bench.
Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 08:44 am
@revelette2,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/the-democrats-10-point-plan-lose-election_b_9605608.html

The Democrats Are Flawlessly Executing a 10-Point Plan to Lose the 2016 Presidential Election

2. Nominate the only person who can reunite the Republican Party once Trump failing to get the nomination has fractured it beyond repair.

Hillary Clinton is one of the least popular major-party politicians in America, and her disapproval rating is not just sky-high among Republicans — we already knew that — but is in fact a long-time institutional motivator for the entire Republican Party.

Nothing unites Republicans quite like hatred of the Clintons. If Trump’s supporters are denied seeing their favored candidate win the nomination despite his lead in delegates earned through primaries and caucuses — and make no mistake, they will be so denied — their impulse to bolt the Republican Party completely will (and can) only be stopped by a Clinton candidacy.

Hillary Clinton is, in short, the only savior the Republican Party has left.

Many disaffected, decent Republicans who can't bear voting for Trump have already stated they'd vote for Bernie. His policies are universal, and he is trustworthy.
Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 09:10 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

She is winning without independents

You seem to be quite confused. The character of a primary election and a general election are vastly different.

She is ahead of Sanders because the primary system either refused to allow Independents to vote legally (with closed primaries) or they "lost ballots," bused in cheaters to override Sanders voters, and she colluded with the DNC to severely limit Bernie's exposure as a new candidate during crucial months at the beginning of the primary season. It helped her that the MSM played along.

Despite HRC and DNC efforts, people are becoming aware of who he is and what he's fighting for - them.

The Independents were pushed aside in a conniving way to silence their voices - but as much power as she wields, she can't keep them out of the general election.

They can't WAIT to give her what she deserves for this attempted coup.

She can.not.win without them.

http://ivn.us/2015/07/06/poll-independents-will-soon-outnumber-republicans-democrats-combined/

revelette2

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 09:27 am
@Lash,
Huffingpost has been pro-Bernie since the primary started and Bernie announced his bid to run.

Just as many republicans have said they would vote for Hillary. I expect in the end, they will vote for whoever wins the republican ticket even if they have to do it with their noses closed and their eyes shut tight.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 09:32 am
@Lash,
I am not "vastly" or just plain old confused. She will win the presidency with or without Bernie supporters. I have already posted where a lot of Bernie supporters have said they will vote for Hillary if she wins. It is only extreme Bernie voters who will rather a republican win than a democrat. A true democratic progressive would never want a republican in office to undo Medicare and social security and other core progressive issues. In the end, most will come around.

Bernie has already lost. There is no way he can win. You really need to start preparing yourself to face it. The clue Bernie has been facing is in the fact he has laid hundred of staff from his campaign.
Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 09:53 am
@revelette2,
You and I have different ideas about what a true progressive is.

I don't think a "true progressive" could stand to cast a vote for someone as hawkish, elitist, and banksterish as HRC.

You Hillary people aren't really progressives. We need to find an accurate moniker for you.

Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 09:57 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

She will win the presidency with or without Bernie supporters.

You've tried to change your story. You said she could win without Independents.
She can not.
Now, you say she can win without Bernie supporters.
Not quite as big a group, but you are wrong again. She can not.
She will get some.
I don't think she'll get enough.

We'll see.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:02 am
It truly is cutting off the nose to spite the face. Insanity - like "I'll show that damn nose the meaning of true beauty!" then you've got a ******* hole in the face. I'll show you damn fakes the true meaning of being a progressive! Then you've got a greater chance of sending the whole country into a regressive tailspin for 4 to 8 years. Insanity masquerading as noble service to a cause.

It's not ALL Bernie supporters. In fact I think the percentage of them that are batshit is represented quite well by here by the one that can't stop spouting fairy tale scenarios, conspiracy theories and rightwing tabloid ****.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:10 am
Excerpt from article:

That said, the 2016 wave of the data — collected in late January and early February — reinforces what the exit polls indicate about Sanders’s support among voters who call themselves independents but lean toward the Democrats. In our poll, Sanders won 26 percent of both the strong and weak Democrats, but he took home 43 percent of the independent leaners, beating Hillary Clinton among that group by 10 percentage points. Sanders’s advantage among independents who lean Democratic is real, as the chart just below illustrates. But where does it come from, and what might it mean?

Thinking ahead to November, does Sanders’s advantage among independents who lean Democratic mean he would have a greater appeal with moderate voters? Sanders does win the backing of some people who think Obama is too liberal, as well as some who think he’s too conservative, possibly because such voters are disproportionately anti-Clinton.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/hopkins-ideology-1.png?w=575&h=342

joefromchicago

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:12 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
In Wisconsin, the GOP candidate won for Wisconsin Supreme Court because the Bernie voters didn't vote for any down ballot issues.

How do you figure?

Quote:
Bradley and Kloppenburg then faced each other in the sharply contested April general election. Bradley won. The race had the highest voter turnout for a supreme court race in Wisconsin state history, with over 1,900,000 votes cast.... This increased turnout is likely due to competitive presidential primaries for both the Republican and Democratic party, as well as the high visibility the campaign received in local and even national news.

Link
parados

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:14 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You Hillary people aren't really progressives. We need to find an accurate moniker for you.

You are a johnny come lately to progressive politics, Lash. Real progressives have been in the trenches for decades, willing to take the small steps necessary to promote their agenda.
ehBeth

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:19 am
@joefromchicago,
interesting link

if you follow it through to http://www.wisconsinvote.org/election-results and select dem primary you can see that the dem voters didn't all vote for Kloppenburg. maybe someone has a breakdown on whose supporters didn't vote down the line
Lash

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:19 am
@parados,
You should all prefer to be a johnny-come-lately instead of the dour, craven lesser-of-evil promoting embarrassments you are.
revelette2

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:22 am
@Lash,
As you said, we will see. From exit polls already cast, more Bernie supporters said they will vote for Hillary if she wins. The ones I am talking we can do without are those who are almost rabid destructive Bernie supporters who really don't care about the direction of the country just as long as their way prevails. Instead of uniting for the greater good of progressive values they would destroy any progressive progress already made in the hopes of prevailing later. They do not care if people suffer hardships in the meantime. What a bunch of self obsessive selfish hard core people who don't care if they destroy America in their weird desire to "transform" America.
parados

Sat 30 Apr, 2016 10:24 am
@joefromchicago,
Exit polling shows 15% of Sanders voters didn't vote for Kopplinger, the Dem supported candidate for judge with many of those simply not voting at all. (There were 130,403 ballots cast with no vote for the judicial race)

I'm not going to track down the original story at this point but this is one of many that references the polling data
http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2016/04/07/bernie-sanders-wisconsin-supreme-court-rebecca-bradley-koanne-kloppenburg/