When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

blatham

Thu 25 Feb, 2016 10:22 pm
Quote:
John Nichols ‏@NicholsUprising 12m12 minutes ago
"My party has gone batshit crazy.”
-- @LindseyGrahamSC at Washington Press Club Foundation on night of # GOPDebate

Why, yes indeed, Lindsey. That is case. It has gone batshit crazy. You helped, and still are, in creating this situation but nonetheless, your statement here is sound.
woiyo

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:45 am
@blatham,
Maybe Lindsey should look in the mirror to see that HE is part of the reason the entire political system in this country has gone crazy.

You have one party who keep throwing out old retreads in Hillary and another party whose "best and brightest" are getting clobbered by DJ Trump.

I think the citizens have finally has enough of the BS that Hillary and the Republican "establishment" candidates represent.

How else can one explain DJ Trump's popularity?
revelette2

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:42 am
@woiyo,
Quote:

I almost out my use of NYT articles for this month, but here is an obvious answer to your question.

Measuring Donald Trump’s Supporters for Intolerance
Quote:

Exit poll data from the South Carolina primary revealed that nearly half the Republicans who turned out on Saturday wanted undocumented immigrants to be deported immediately. Donald Trump won 47 percent of those voters.

Voters were asked if they favored temporarily barring Muslims who are not citizens from entering the United States, something Mr. Trump advocates, and 74 percent said they did. He won 41 percent of that group.

Mr. Trump, who handily won that South Carolina primary and all its delegates, is attracting Republican voters across demographic groups — conservatives, moderates, evangelicals and those who are not born-again Christians. In a sense, he is uniting parts of the party that have been on opposite sides of recent nomination battles.

A new set of public opinion survey results asking atypical but timely questions has shed some light on the Trump coalition. The results suggest how Mr. Trump has upended the contemporary divide in the party and built a significant part of his coalition of voters on people who are responsive to religious, social and racial intolerance.

New data from YouGov and Public Policy Polling show the extent to which he has tapped into a set of deeply rooted racial attitudes. But first, two caveats about these data are worth bearing in mind. The national YouGov survey was done near the middle of January, before the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries. Public Policy Polling is a company aligned with the Democratic Party, and some of its results over the years have been suspected of bias. Taken by itself, its conclusions could be doubted. Taken with the YouGov and exit poll data, however, these three surveys can give us a better idea of Mr. Trump’s backers.

Mr. Trump’s support among those who say they support a temporary ban on Muslim entry into the United States — a notion Mr. Trump first advanced in early December — is significant. He won more than twice as many supporters of the ban in South Carolina as any other candidate. Voters often echo the things candidates say on the campaign trail, so that level may not be revelatory.

Possibly more surprising are the attitudes of Mr. Trump’s supporters on things that he has not talked very much about on the campaign trail. He has said nothing about a ban on gays in the United States, the outcome of the Civil War or white supremacy. Yet on all of these topics, Mr. Trump’s supporters appear to stand out from the rest of Republican primary voters.

Data from Public Policy Polling show that a third of Mr. Trump’s backers in South Carolina support barring gays and lesbians from entering the country. This is nearly twice the support for this idea (17 percent) among Ted Cruz’s and Marco Rubio’s voters and nearly five times the support of John Kasich’s and Ben Carson’s supporters (7 percent).

blatham

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:43 am
@woiyo,
How else to explain?

I can forward you many links with other explanations. How many would you like me to provide for you? You're up for learning, I assume?
woiyo

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:15 pm
@blatham,
I do not rely on "links" as I am quite capable of forming my own opinions based upon my experiences, thank you .

Do you disagree with my opinion? If so, you tell me what you think. Not what others think.
woiyo

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:16 pm
@revelette2,
That nice to know what the NY Times thinks.

What do YOU think, Revelette2?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:41 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

he says things that racists like to hear and believe

he says things that white supremacists like to hear and believe

he says things that Baptists like to hear and believe. Definitely a money talks crowd there.

he is loud and uncouth and there is an audience for that - see the past and ongoing popularity of Sarah Palin

I think that part of his popularity stems from people who are freaked out by having a black President. They don't understand an America that would elect a black man twice. They are frightened by an America that is less white every day. Immigrants who aren't from Europe scare them.

A big, shouting, intolerant white man is appealing to those frightened people. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The Christie endorsement fits in with that brilliantly.
McGentrix

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:49 pm
@ehBeth,
That's how a liberal Canadian see's it. Liberals see everything through racist glasses though. How else can they explain anything other then they don't agree so they must be racist! (or sexist or misogynist or some other ist).

It's always like that with you people.

Couldn't possibly be that he is a capitalist and has an outsiders perspective on government, right? Nope, he's racist... boring and predictable with you guys.

"We don't agree with your view so you must be villainized!!!"
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:04 pm
@ehBeth,
You hit the head of a lot of nails. White America is being threatened by other races, and they fear for their majority status. It's funny to watch, because our country is made up from immigrants, and they forget where their ancestors came from.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:24 pm
If I had to explain Trump's popularity, I would say he is popular with people who think the US owes them prosperity and if they aren't prosperous (or at least as prosperous as they think they should be), then it is someone's fault. Maybe it is the immigrants stealing good jobs. Maybe it is the Chinese stealing good jobs. Maybe it is the liberals giving all the tax money away to minorities. Maybe it is minorities stealing all the good jobs (because of affirmative action) and taking all that welfare at the same time. Whatever it is, they are not at fault in any way, so it must be the someone else and Trump is rich, so he can fix it (except, Trump is a lack luster business man. If he had retired thirty years ago and put his money in an unmanaged index fund, he would be much, much richer than he is now.) It's all smoke and mirrors, but if you are angry at the "other" and Trump attacks the other, he's your man.
Baldimo

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:45 pm
@engineer,
Let me change that name for you in your response:

Quote:
If I had to explain Sanders popularity, I would say he is popular with people who think the US owes them prosperity and if they aren't prosperous (or at least as prosperous as they think they should be), then it is someone's fault.
Brand X

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:48 pm
@Baldimo,
That struck me as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:49 pm
@Baldimo,
That might work if there was any equivalence in their platforms.

__

In any case, none of this has to do with Hillary Clinton and her attempt to get the Democratic nomination.
Baldimo

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Sure there is an equal in the platform. Sanders and his followers think The Man keeps them down, so they want more. It has nothing to do with dropping out of school are getting a worthless degree, it's someone else's fault, and never their own. The saying works even better for Sanders then it does for Trump.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:53 pm
@Baldimo,
If I had to explain Sanders, I would say he is popular with people who fear that there is not a route to prosperity any more and that someone is rigging the rules against them. Superficially similar to the Trump group, but at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Blickers

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:00 pm
@engineer,
Or summarized, Trump stands for a time when minorities "knew their place".
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:10 pm
@engineer,
Excellent point: Trump's investments have not done well compared to the US stock exchange. Even my investments have done fairly well by investing in managed funds. We paid $50,000 for our home, and it's now worth over $1.5 million. Who knew we would be in the middle of Silicon Valley when we bought? LOL
0 Replies

yubic

Sat 27 Feb, 2016 04:39 pm
parados

Sat 27 Feb, 2016 06:09 pm
@yubic,
A clip that makes Clinton look good and the two that disrupted and wouldn't let him answer their questions look like the petulant nincompoops they are.
glitterbag

Sat 27 Feb, 2016 07:15 pm
@parados,
CNN reported that Bernie called Hillary to congratulate her on her big win in South Carolina. Clinton 76% Sanders 24%