When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 05:38 pm
@georgeob1,
But black hats and white hats are so much easier.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 05:58 pm
@georgeob1,
You do remember that Ford pardoned Nixon don't you?
georgeob1

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 06:02 pm
@glitterbag,
And Clinton Pardoned Marc Rich for a payoff (with the help of his deputy AG Eric Holder). So what?
blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 06:13 pm
@georgeob1,
I am colored by partisan leanings, like yourself. That's unavoidable for all of us. The variable, of course, is the degree to which this partisan bias inhibits our ability to view the real world.

As regards the Nixon administration, we have a unique view into how it operated. The reporting done by the WP and others, the FBI investigations, the trials with testimony of participants and the tape recordings kept by Nixon provide this historical record. If any American administration in our lifetimes could validly be described as "criminal", it is Nixon's.

You apparently presume such a record of criminality is to be found in Hillary's tenure even though multiple investigations have already been completed, although the charges leveled of corruption and criminality arise almost totally in right wing media, and even where the FBI have not proceeded with any prosecutions to anything related to the charges advanced in right wing media.

If such revelations lead to charges by the FBI or other entities and to prosecutions which include solid links to orders or acts from Clinton, then I'll grant your position worthy of attention.

But let's be clear. Hillary was involved in Vince Foster's murder and with cocaine smuggling in Arkansas. And we really need deeper investigation into those matters.
georgeob1

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 06:42 pm
@blatham,
No **** !! We all have such partisan leanings, but some of us acknowledge them more openly than others, or at least take steps to avoid the pretense that opinion is fact and belief revealed truth.

Nixon, under great political pressure, appointed a special prosecuter (and later in desperation tried to throttle him bask), a game he lost quickly, partly as a result of the actions of other Republicans and members of his own administration.

The lesson of that example has not been lost on subsequent Presidents. It would be hard to find an Attorney General as obviously pasrtisan as Eric Holder ( also Clintons deputy AG and Mark Rich pardon facilitator). No subsequent President has appointed such a prosecutor, even in the face of some actions and events, some in the Obama Administration and involving Hillary, that in an earlier age would have been handled differently.

You should consider that too.
glitterbag

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 07:03 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

And Clinton Pardoned Marc Rich for a payoff (with the help of his deputy AG Eric Holder). So what?

When did Marc Rich resign as president of the United States? That's what.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 07:06 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

No **** !! We all have such partisan leanings, but some of us acknowledge them more openly than others, or at least take steps to avoid the pretense that opinion is fact and belief revealed truth.

Nixon, under great political pressure, appointed a special prosecuter (and later in desperation tried to throttle him bask), a game he lost quickly, partly as a result of the actions of other Republicans and members of his own administration.

The lesson of that example has not been lost on subsequent Presidents. It would be hard to find an Attorney General as obviously pasrtisan as Eric Holder ( also Clintons deputy AG and Mark Rich pardon facilitator). No subsequent President has appointed such a prosecutor, even in the face of some actions and
events, some in the Obama Administration and involving Hillary, that in an earlier age would have been handled differently.

You should consider that too.

Well now you are just being silly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:52 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZhwVdqWwAACU1H.jpg

Quote:

Philip Rucker ‏@PhilipRucker 2h2 hours ago
No, folks, ain't a pic of a Sanders or Trump rally. Verrrrry long line in the West Des Moines cold to see Hillary.

apparently Iowans are checking all their options out
roger

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:01 pm
@ehBeth,
I hope she gave them the full five minute speech. It's the least she could do.
Lash

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah. Hillary's probably got Demi Novato in there, or maybe she's just handing out bags of cash.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:25 pm
@georgeob1,
Your notions on Holder arise only within the right wing media universe. That's where it is found. I read left wing media, mainstream media and conservative media every day. I know what I'm talking about here, george. And when someone makes the charges you've just made and with such certainty, I know that you are talking through your analdentistry. Sorry.
blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:26 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I hope she gave them the full five minute speech. It's the least she could do.

Your mother didn't spank you enough.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:27 pm
@blatham,
"Analdentistry" is very creative. LOL
Lash

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So is his pathetic twisting away from the facts.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/07/02/marc_rich_presidential_pardon_how_eric_holder_facilitated_the_most_unjust.html
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:30 pm
If Groucho Marx and Liberace had mated to make a baby, that baby would have grown up to become Donald Trump.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tah.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:08 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Your notions on Holder arise only within the right wing media universe. That's where it is found. I read left wing media, mainstream media and conservative media every day. I know what I'm talking about here, george. And when someone makes the charges you've just made and with such certainty, I know that you are talking through your analdentistry. Sorry.

Nonsense. Please name an attorney general (other than Ed Meese) more partisan than Holder.

That you read media commentary daily may qualify you to know where various opinions are usually found (hardly a significant achievement in today's highly polarized world). However it doesn't make you an arbiter of the truth.

As for the rest I believe you are indulging in a little projection.
glitterbag

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:19 pm
@georgeob1,
John Mitchell springs to mind, 1969-1972, oh and Alberto Gonzales 2005-07
blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:20 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Nonsense. Please name an attorney general (other than Ed Meese) more partisan than Holder.

As I noted, the only provenance of the claim you implicitly make here is right wing media. Your acceptance of it as truth tells me only about your diet.
Quote:
That you read media commentary daily may qualify you to know where various opinions are usually found (hardly a significant achievement in today's highly polarized world).

No, george. Not "where". It's "what". I get what opinions are out there, being voiced.

But let's end this off. You've got a lily-pad and I've got a lily-pad (Frank Lloyd Wright design) and things are fine.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
John Mitchell springs to mind, 1969-1972, oh and Alberto Gonzales 2005-07

I know. But a dueling corruption argument with georgeob may not be productive.