ADAM'S RIB

momoends

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 04:51 pm
@maxdancona,
i would make the effort to understand what that spanish friend of yours experienced.. Being asked permission to be kissed when your date moves closer to you a looks you in the eye... it´s perfect...

being asked permission to kiss you while standing awkwardly in the bus stop waiting for the one you need to arrive after an uncomfortable diner full of moments of silence alternated by forced attempts of maintaining a fluent conversation... well yes i had started laughing somewhere mid-night, but it happens anywhere it´s not about americans

do you truly believe we are so different that an internationally daily event is experienced differently depending on the nationality?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 05:00 pm
@momoends,
Different strokes for different folks (does this translate?, this idiom means that different people like different things).

In the first case, my friend (who happens to be a woman from Spain) doesn't want to be asked permission. The idea of being asked permission is what makes her laugh. She wants the man to just kiss her (without saying anything).

In the second case ... hopefully the man would realize that the date hadn't gone well. But even so, he can try to kiss her and take the consequences.

My Spanish friend has a different attitude than you do.

momoends

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 06:29 pm
@maxdancona,
well i for sure would´t laugh at the poor guy
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 11:04 pm
@momoends,
I don't know if you have tried to contact any poster directly, but there is a way to pass comments or questions other than in the broad forum. I sent you a PM (private message) offering some help in navigating the forum. You won't see it until you click on 'My Posts' then you should see in a banner 'you have received a pm from (member). Click on the banner and you will see the msg intended for you. I don't remember how many posts you have to make before you can send PM's but you should be able to see what I sent. If you can't respond via PM, you can make a mention on one of the threads.

(This is directed to maxdancona,) Oh and Max, I'm not trying to sign her up for some magical lets oppress men club, I am only offering some help re English and the Romance languages.
roger

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 11:06 pm
@glitterbag,
I think there is no minimum standard for PMs. Used to be 50 posts, but that's been a few years.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 12:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Geez Glitterbag, I think you are mistaking me for someone else.
momoends

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Don' think so
0 Replies