Child Custody

zacksmom

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:02 am
WOOHOO! Well, I went to court Wednesday like I said. I was really nervous. Joe's lawyer never showed up. He wanted to withdraw his petitions without prejudice, which would mean he could file the same things again. The judge told him since it was the day of the trial he wanted to do this, he had to do it with prejudice, which means he can't file the same allegations against me!!!!! So, he withdrew all 3 petitions he had against me. So, that's over! I am sure he will find something another day to bring me back to court about, but for now, it's done!! Then, since he hasn't been paying child support, I filed a violation of a support order, so we will be going back for that. But my lawyer said that it's his responsibility, working or not, to pay it. So I don't think I have anything to worry about there, it's just the fact of getting the money, and I know it's a long process..... But for now I am happy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:46 pm
zacksmom--

Congratulations. There will be more trouble ahead, but right now you're sitting pretty. Enjoy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:37 pm
Congrats :-D I knew you'd come out smelling like a rose ;-)
0 Replies

zacksmom

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 12:41 pm
Thanks!!!! :-) I go May 31st for the beginning of the support stuff. But for now I am happy, I don't have to worry about the other court stuff anymore. :-))
0 Replies