Is infidelity about excitement and experiencing something new or something else?

MarkWP

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 02:13 pm
Is infidelity about excitement and experiencing something new

OR ... something else?

What's the real cause of infidelity and how to prevent it?

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,362 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Eliusa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:46 pm
@MarkWP,
excitement and experiencing something new can be the case.
something else...where do I start?
real cause...where do I start?
how to prevent it? there is no way.

how old are you?
0 Replies

Youthinkimdumb

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:40 pm
@MarkWP,
For me i am not in an affair. I cheated once in highschool but not sex.

But i am teetering on the edge and playing with the idea. For me its ego, My ego was severely injured when my husband was caught cheating on me. I like the excitement when a guy shows interest, but for now i am invested on trying to forgive my husband AND also not hurt him by cheating too. So far still okay. I have not met a man i am willing to take the plunge with. And i really fear i will,....but on another twisted side i am excited about the TERRIBLE possibilities.

Edited to add. I KNOW an affair would severely ruin my children future and my own. Any possibility of reconciliation would be wiped out. I am invested on trying to make my failing marriage work so i keep myself from falling off the edge by reminding myself what i could loose.
Violet35

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:08 pm
@MarkWP,
I think it's about needing validation. People get so comfortable and lazy in marriage. I work hard to be emotionally available for my man, now, and he does the same. There's no man that could even compare, but , at one time, all I wanted was for someone else to SEE me.
0 Replies

Violet35

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:09 pm
@Youthinkimdumb,
We choose our behavior, We don't choose our consequences. If ONLY consequences were enough to stop us, sometimes. I hope you'll decide not to. The fantasy is so much better than the reality. It feels gross.
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 09:18 pm
@MarkWP,
From the beginning of time there has always been someone motivated to disguise sin-dress it up-make it more palatable. What are drunken frat parties about; why do people perpetrate identity theft; what's the deal with drug dealing? Call it all what it is-purely selfish disregard for anyone else-if it feels good do it mentality-pleasure seeking without boundaries-SIN.

Don't get it twisted. If you are on the verge remember "Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay." Not sure what motivated the question but its never too late to change your mind. If you need to hit rewind do so immediately-you'll be doing both parties a big favor. Stop and make the next right decision-do the next right thing. You can repent and be forgiven-its never too late.

If you are the victim of a cheating spouse, don't ignore it. You're not a doormat. Be direct and insist on your right to be respected and treated honestly. Stay as composed as possible. Don't beg and don't loose control. Seek wise council and take it day by day.

God has assistance and guidance no matter what side of this coin one finds themselves on-its called Godly grace & mercy.
0 Replies