john74

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks will check them out..
0 Replies

john74

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 12:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
If she was trying to turn my child against me.. my daughter wouldnt bother with me.. she even said I miss u daddy the last day out of the blue..
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:20 pm
@john74,
john74 wrote:

If she was trying to turn my child against me.. my daughter wouldnt bother with me.. she even said I miss u daddy the last day out of the blue..

You are of course assuming that she is stupid, that she does not know enough to be coy about turning her kids against their fathers, not wanting to be blamed for the ended relationship later.

I am with most everyone else here....wise the **** up and learn, you are not doing your kid or you any favors with your ignorance.
john74

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Dont post on here again with ur shite talk.. u probably have no kids ur self and u havent a clue..
ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:42 pm
@john74,
hawkeye has apparently got children and they are apparently doing well. I have seen him give decent parenting advice.

On the flip side, his views on women, and therefore relationships, could at best be called skewed.

He is right - you have really settle yourself down to learning more about children. It is two months since this thread started and you do not appear to have done any reading on two and three year olds. You don't appear to have spoken to any professional on the matter. You have simply got to do better.

Waiting for online people to provide you with resources just isn't enough.

Parenting is work and you have to learn about it. Get books, read online, join an online parenting forum if you can't/won't find a local one. You have got to work at this.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
On the flip side, his views on women, and therefore relationships, could at best be called skewed.

Staying married for almost 30 years to a victim of childhood sexual abuse by her brother (and friends) , that went on for three years, was actually torture, he who killed himself 5 years after the abuse ended gives me some relationship cred.

My wife actually filed divorce papers on me and still I have been able to do my share to make this marriage work.

As has Glitter you too have misjudged me. At least unlike her you dont tend to be a bitch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:58 pm
Meantime, from me,

I completely agree with ehBeth and have asked you, I think more than once, if you are looking into her advice, which was later my advice.

I agree with her re hawkeye, certainly re his women thing, but also agree with her that his 'you have to learn more about children's development' comments are useful.

Olivier is a parent and has much good sense - I don't disagree at all with anything he said in this thread.

My main take is that you don't really listen, which I can understand, we are just other people on a forum. But you keep coming back to the same thing, how unhappy you are. We have been trying to help.

I have a question or two - do you park far away? Has your ex wife ever walked you and your daughter out to the car so you can go have a nice time at (the park, the ice cream store, wherever..). I know there are other kids, but can't she leave them for a few minutes, as you say you do get along?

Will your daughter be going to pre-school? If not, why not?
I didn't go to preschool - and I only went to kindergarten for a few months, as we moved across the country. I entered first grade at five, a rather old five, and was one hell of a crying little girl and shy as all get out. I think pre-school can be a good thing.

Given your little toddler will go to pre-school, she will probably learn to loosen up and leave the house in a natural way. Maybe you could listen to Olivier and relax already.

Oh, and read, and look into a local parenting group or some online ones.

0 Replies

john74

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 04:20 pm
My daughter finally came with me for the first time on saturday.. lets hope it continues now. Im so so happy rite now...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 04:46 pm
@john74,
Ok, then!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 05:19 pm
@john74,
Good job!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 07:17 pm
@john74,
Good news.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12:57 am
@john74,
That's great, doesn't seem that long after all now.
0 Replies

john74

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:00 am
Hey guys just said I will post back here to let ye know that my daughter flies out the door now when I go to collect her and we have the best time together. She was 3 a month ago.. Now sometimes when I'm taking her home she says she doesn't want to go she says she wants to stay longer.. Im a happy daddy nowπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:20 am
@john74,
Yay! Reading that just made my day.
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:36 am
@maxdancona,
And she will be a daddy's girl.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:40 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

How do you get a 2 1/2 year old kid to talk about their feelings? If she was 12 1/2 it would be different.

Play with the kid. Real, get down on the floor and pull out the dolls/action figures, and let the kid act something out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:45 am
@john74,
Sounds like she's going through the normal stages.

I hope you've managed to do some reading so you're not surprised when there are changes in her again.
0 Replies

john74

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 04:35 am
She's a daddy's girl alright.. It was a hard few months.. But they are all forgotten about now.. Now I will make up the quality time I lost with her and spoil her a little. Just a littleπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:11 am
@john74,
Aw - I just love daddys who dote on their little girls
0 Replies

john74

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:21 am
Cheers guys.. I am greatfull for yer help. It was good to speak to someone about this. we are goin on our first road trip Saturday to the zoo.. I think I'm more excited then her..lolπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€