my 2 1/2yr old wont come with me..

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 11:36 am
@john74,
I think you have to be tough - I know you don't want to do anything in front of your daughter to upset her - you might have to go to court and insist that you get your time.

I think in this case, you should have a go between to drop your daughter off or to hand off in a sense to you. It appears the mom is not being helpful and just making things worse for your daughter. A mom that cares enough to want the best for their child would be cooperative with this.

It isn't right for you or your daughter and unfortunately sometimes you have to be tough and fight to get what is right and best.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:07 pm
@Linkat,
She probably wants to raise this kid without interference from dad. She will however still demand dads money.

Ya, that needs to be confronted, with vigour.
0 Replies

john74

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 01:13 pm
@Linkat,
I cant afford to go back to court.. it cost me an arm and a leg last time.. when the child says she dosent want to come.. her mother thinks tats it.. she dosent have to go and I dont want to argue in front of the child.. so im caught between a rock and a hard place.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 01:19 pm
@john74,
I'd consider calling Legal Aid; you might qualify.
john74

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I dont really want to go dragging it tru the courts again.. to be totally honest. It was a nightmare first time round..
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:51 pm
@john74,
john74 wrote:

I dont really want to go dragging it tru the courts again.. to be totally honest. It was a nightmare first time round..

And you did poorly it seems. Why did you get so little time? Getting babysitting hours will never allow you to fully parent this kid.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@john74,
john74 wrote:

I cant afford to go back to court.. it cost me an arm and a leg last time.. when the child says she dosent want to come.. her mother thinks tats it.. she dosent have to go and I dont want to argue in front of the child.. so im caught between a rock and a hard place.

Mom is going to win and she knows it so it seems. This is likely to go down as a life lession under the heading "be carefull of who you knock up".
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 03:13 pm
@john74,
Well if you don't -- then you are going to have to deal with it as it is. It is in your ball park -- it depends whether you feel it is worth the fight. You giving up so easily is why she is winning in a sense.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 03:27 pm
Then hang in there.

By the time she's 3 - 4, she will be able to bond with you and want to go with you.

See her as much as you can, be sure she has your picture.

PS Is there a female on your side (grandmother) who also has visitation? Sometimes that helps.
john74

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 01:04 pm
@PUNKEY,
I was talkin to a neighbour of mine today who has two little girls.. and she was tellin me her little ones were excatly the same with her husband all they wanted was mammy and wouldnt really bother with him.. and they are married and living together.....
0 Replies

john74

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:49 am
Just a little update people.. I think my daughter is starting to come out of her phase.. she wants to play with me alot more now and she gives me hugs which she didnt do that in a long time.. sometimes she says she wants to come with me but changes her little mind then.. but small steps from now on.. but its a little relief.. tourble twos are hard... thanks..
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:50 am
@john74,
That is encouraging news Very Happy

Have you been doing some reading on child development stages? it might help you as these personality changes come up. They still won't be fun but you'll know you're not alone.
john74

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:13 am
@ehBeth,
I just really looked up about terrible twos on the internet.. have u got any good links or name of a book you could give me about it..thanks.
0 Replies

john74

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 03:58 am
Hi people.. my daughter is still not commin with me.. this is nearly 4 months now.. im starting to think the worst at this stage.. that maybe there is things bein said to her.. maybe thats just in my head.. but is 4 months normal for this.. like yesterday I was at her house for 4 hrs and she was allabout me I was reading with her and playin with her for the whole 4 hrs.. I just cant get my head around it..
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 04:21 am
@john74,
Quote:
I just cant get my head around it.

Explain if you can how your head got unwrapped from being around the idea that this is a normal age related phase. I never thought so, but you did.
john74

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 04:38 am
@hawkeye10,
Wat are u on about? The child does tell me she wants to come with me sometimes then when she gets to the car she changes her mind.. and its only me and her there is no one else there..
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:36 pm
@john74,
john74 wrote:

Wat are u on about? The child does tell me she wants to come with me sometimes then when she gets to the car she changes her mind.. and its only me and her there is no one else there..

How many times in the last three visits has mom stood in front of you both and encouraged the kid to go for a drive with you?
john74

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
To be honest. No matter wat the two of us say to try and perswade her she still says no.. even when I go down to collect her of her grandmother when the childs mother is at work.. her grandmother tells her to go for a spin with daddy and have fun and ye get icecream.. but she still says no..
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 11:46 pm
@john74,
Have you tried taking a walk with her? Is there a park or an ice cream place to walk to near?

john74

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 02:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
We costantly play.. and I read her stories.. she is all daddy this daddy that when im there.. I put all the pics of us together doin things on my phone so when I call down I give her my phone and she scrolls tru them herself and we say where it is like the park, swings etc.. and she loves goin tru them.. refresh her little memory..