Not the biological father but wants partial custody

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:19 am
I was with my ex for 4 years on year 3 her sister had a baby and couldn't take care of her and dyfs took her away my ex and I took her in and i fell in love with her. The plan was for her to get temp custody and she did and for us to get married and adopt. Well that didn't happen my ex needs space and doesn't want to be with me after a year in the is little girls life. She letsbme have her 2-4 days a week I pay for her food diapers wipes toys clothes I pay the cable at her house and her moms cell phone. I understand I'm not her blood or her biological father but I've been her daddy for a year and 7 days and I want to be her father forever. I forgot to mention the real father doesn't exist no one knows who he is or where he is and no one has come forward. I want to do the rite thing and step up and raise her we bonded she's my daughter. Does anyone know my options or what I can. Do? In nj
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,463 • Replies: 4

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:26 am
You have my sympathy. It would seem to me the most obvious question is have you contacted a family lawyer? That's where your best effort should be concentrated. Good luck.
0 Replies
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:57 am
log every contact and payment going back to your first meeting with the child

get a lawyer that specializes in custody/adoption/family law
0 Replies
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 10:59 am
I agree with the others you would need to talk with a lawyer and definitely keep track of what you have done so far.

A part from that - have you talked with your ex? Does she have any sort of custody at this point? Also the positive it seems she wants you involved in the child's life as she lets you have her 2-4 days a week. How is that relationship working as sharing the child? You might have an advocate in your ex - in that it seems she sees the positive in having you in the child's life. Does it make sense the two of you work with a lawyer together to get some sort of shared custody?

If money is a problem there is pro bono lawyers willing to help low income people as well.
0 Replies
Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:03 am
I feel bad for you. In spite of doing so much its not fair the situation you are going through. If you love your daughter so much then you should fight for her. After all you took care of her. You can get some attorney who can give you some legal advice about that.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Not the biological father but wants partial custody
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/13/2024 at 01:39:26