Husband says he thinks he's in love with his "friend"...??

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 04:05 pm
WildGal I think it's your call. And any further advice in this situation (in last twist of that situation) would probably just confuse you more. I'll join Montana in this one - good luck Wink
0 Replies

WildGal

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 01:44 pm
Well, I do appreciate your advice. I like to listen and get other opinions then make my own decisions based on what i feel is right for me. I think listening to others helps me get to that point. So I appreciate all the posts.

So far so good. He has gone to counseling with me, even though he didn't want to he did because I asked him. We have been spending alot of time together, talking, having fun, do things outside the house, it feels great. I hope it lasts. We have also been reading this website and doing the questionnaires on it too. Which we both learned alot from, and learned alot about each other too. It's www.marriagebuilders.com
We've both changed because of this issue, both for the better. We are now focused on each other's needs and plan to stay this way. That site is very interesting and so far it works for us.
As far as the other woman... well he still works with her but hasn't talked to her at all. Last week he took 3 days off to stay away from her for a while, because she wouldn't leave him alone. After he told her he doesn't want anything to do with her because he's sick of hurting me and wants to be with me. On his second day home she messaged him online, I was on the PC he was still asleep. I told her "you need to stop trying to talk to "my husband".... you've got your own man, be happy with what you've got or go find an unmarried man, a man who doesn't have children with his "wife".
I know it's not her fault and i don't blame her, it's all on him. I said that to her only because he was telling me that she was messaging him at work telling him that she's back with her boyfriend but still loves my man and misses him. He said to her "what do you want me to do about it? I told you i want to be with my wife and daughter" Then he got up and left after being at work for 40 mins, that was his first day home. They were friends for like 2 weeks.?? love?? are some people crazy now a days.... sex does not mean love!!
After that she left him alone and hasn't tried to talk with him. He says he's uncomfortable at work because she sits on the other side of his cubicle wall. He told me he pasted her in the hall and just said hi and kept walking. But right now he's in trouble at work and might just be fired for this issue. He used his cell phone (which is a work only phone) to message her phone. Must have been all day because he ran up a $450 bill this billing cycle, plus god knows how much for the last cycle, which is going to be worse because that's when this started. So now we, well he, has to pay for it. And he doesn't know if this is going to cause him to be fired or not. It's a wait and see what they say, kind of thing. He told his boss about it. He thought it was included in his phone's plan. So he is paying heavily for this mistake right now. And if he looses his job, we will probably loose the house, the car, and alot of bad will come out of this. Since we don't have good standing with the last apartment we were in, and this house and the car will destroy our credit if we loose them. Right now we are already a month behind on the house payments. Wow, amazingly I'm kind of amused looking at the backlash of his mistake. Maybe it's the anti-depressants working their magic. Well, we've still got each other either way and we could sell items to get by. Ah, not so bad.... he wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable at work because he wouldn't work there with her anymore. haha. I think everything he is going through at work now also makes him see that he messed up royally. So there won't be a next time. Who knows what would happen if his boss found out about the affair now, I think he'd be out the door for sure then. I don't really seem to care much either way. I wanted to move anyhow, ha ha. The only thing that bothers me about it is who would want to hire him if his company fires him for this? This is the only "good" job experience he's had.
Well, thanks for listening everyone. I'll update ya'll again.
Smile
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:31 am
Thanks for update - good luck
0 Replies

briarwizard

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:02 am
Reading this thread only strengthens my resolve to find a way to save my own marriage. I'm so lonely that I comptemplated having an affair myself. But I love my wife and my son, so the idea of having a 'split family' was very distasteful to me. I've been struggling in this relationship for over a decade. Progress has been made, but there have also been setbacks.

Despite part of me wanting an affiar, just to ease the lonliness, I suspect that if I had the opportunity to cheat, I wouldn't. Years ago when our marriage was at one of its many "low points" a co-worker who I was attracted to came on to me. She put her hand on my shoulder, leaned in close and asked if I was really happy in my marriage. At the time, I was especially miserable in the marriage and very lonely.

I lied and told her I was very happy.

A member here suggested I read "The Five Languages of Love". It makes the assumption that lovers express their love in different ways, ways their partner might not understand. If you can learn each others "dialect" you can rekindle the love that has been lost over the years. This book has given me hope.

You should give it a read. Even if it doesn't help your current relationship, it may help you in the future.
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 10:41 am
Re: Husband says he thinks he's in love with his "frien
WildGal wrote:
I have no idea what to do here. We've been together for 9 years, the last 4 of those years we've spent married with a 3 1/2 yr old daughter. I knew we were not getting enough time together and told him that 2 months ago. I thought things were going so well, and he started spending more time with us. Then just days after having one of the best days in a long time he tells me that he's not happy. But wouldn't tell me why, only that he wasn't happy with how i've been keeping the house and wasn't happy with my animals. I knew there was more to it. the next night he said he was going out with his friends and went out with another woman. I knew what was going on because his cell phone was off and never is. He told me he'd be home early and wasn't, i called to see if he needed a ride. Anyway, the next day i asked him if there was someone else and he told me.
All this was 2 weeks ago. He still says he's confused and doesn't know if he wants to be with me or with her. He went to a marriage counseler once with me on saturday. He didn't like it. You should also know that I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and have been going through the hardest months of my life with this. Now that I'm seeking help with it, he's wanting to leave. I think. He tells me he loves me more then anything and doesn't want to leave. But he likes the way this girl makes him feel and he doesn't want to stop that. The counseler told him he needs to decide and tell me. We decided that on Thursday he needs to tell me. Am I crazy for waiting? Should I just think he should have known to stay with me and our daughter, and because he's "thinking" about it this is never going to work? I've asked him to stop talking to her and he told me that he deleted her e-mail and phone number... he never did and called her on father's day after I tried to give him the best father's day ever. He's talked to her every day and i told him that if he wants to continue with me he has to stop this "friendship". What to do? I'm so hurt and confused.
Sad

He loves you but he is weak. Be patient and be the same person that he married. He'll realize that a nice woman is hard find ( a nice woman is the one that is loved by his man no matter who she is ).
For clinical depression will go away don't worry. You may have relapses but the good times last longer than the bad times. When you feel good do as much as you can: chores etc so that when you are ill you could take time to rest, and walk. Take long walks and breath deeply. You can also take the opportunity to watch good programs on TV. There are good programs, really, specially on PBS and explore the possibility of taking medicine. Depression is an illness like any other and needs a doctor's attention. Take care and good luck to you.
0 Replies