What's your dream car?

chai2

Tue 31 Dec, 2019 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, that's one useful thing the internet's good for, getting an accurate trade in value for you car.

You can arm yourself with this information printed out when you make a deal, and get to the trade in value part.

Albeit I've never owned an expensive car. However, when I bought my current one, and traded in the old, it was really helpful.

When we got to that part and he said a figure, I said "I'm not happy with that amount." He asked me what it would take, I said a number, he did the "let me speak to my manager" thing, came back with "ok", and I drove home that day in a new car.

Didn't need to show the estimate, because he knew it was fair.
glitterbag

Wed 1 Jan, 2020 02:14 am
@chai2,
When we were much younger we kept cars for 12 to 17 years. The two cars we currently have are just fine, it's just a matter of us getting old and adjusting to new technology. I realize how stupid that sounds, but I don't know how many more driving years we have left. We've put the kids thru college, paid off the house, probably should be downsizing.....but just don't want to do it......yet.
farmerman

Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:25 am
@glitterbag,
weve reisted downsizing too. Gimme a PM and Ill expand on it.

I use to be sports cars and now, its all UVs and pickemups. I love my 2003 Fd F 250 diesel 7.3.
Iv hqd it tricked out two times and repainted and its like a dent free garage masterpiece.

My ford xplorer has an "Interceptor" Rausch Package and it surprises the **** out of the Cayenne Drivers.
The only problems is the skanky tires they make for SUVs. I hate those low profile POS's on an off road vehicleand have hd the fenderwalls extended a bit to fit larger (r) Michelins.

Wverything else is tractors and I still like John Deere and for real value, Massy Ferguson.
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 1 Jan, 2020 08:29 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I realize how stupid that sounds

God, that doesn't sound stupid at all!

You've paid your dues. You deserve to get yourself a nice car if you are able.

To me, downsizing means simplifying, getting rid of what is no longer useful.
Or in this case, exchanging one useful thing for another that brings you more satisfaction.
farmerman

Wed 1 Jan, 2020 08:36 am
@chai2,
she mentions new technology. In my new car (Its now a year old) I dont even hve my phone hooked into it.
My smart phone tech is so smart that it takes messages and I dont have to **** with being "online" while driving, no matter how "safe" or "neato ****" the car mfrs are trying to sell us.

I dont need my appliances talkin to me and naggin me, I got a cat to do that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 1 Jan, 2020 02:06 pm
I discovered that the new Ford Ranger can track your progress offroad and guide you back by the same route. It allows you to send the info to others. I wonder how many others can do that?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:54 am
Its all about the driving but i have to admit i like telling the new whip where to go.

and that friendly, competent sounding girl that says 'OK' - ahhhh...
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 4 Jan, 2020 12:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
C8 Corvette to be powered by a naturally aspirated pushrod V8:
http://ls1tech.com/articles/2020-corvette-c8-why-no-dual-overhead-cam-engine-gm/
Very Happy

Picked for Wards 10 Best Engines 2020.

http://www.wardsauto.com/10-best-engines-propulsion-systems/chevy-corvette-lt2-small-block-v-8-answers-call
hightor

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:31 am
https://i.imgur.com/zVZn169.jpg
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:57 am
the Dymaxion reborn?

Abort! Abort!
hightor

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:04 am
@Leadfoot,
1960 Citroen DS Tissier Van

It does resemble a Dymaxion superficially. But this has four wheels and steers from the front.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:10 am
@Leadfoot,
There still are dozens of different varieties of the Citroen DS 21 Tissier on the road.
(Pierre Tissier, a French car engineer, constructor and manufacturer, is best known for his transformations on the Citroën base.)
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:19 am
@hightor,
if i was into van life i could dig it.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:24 am
my favorite French car was a Simca. i owned three of them at one time.
Olivier5

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 08:12 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
my favorite French car was a Simca. i owned three of them at one time.

My mother had a Simca 1000 when I was a kid; I loved the way she would fire this little thing up through the traffic... The engine was at the back, and so was propulsion, so the car would accelerate like crazy. The downside was that if you ever hit a tree or anything else, the engine would ram straight into the cabin...

Walter Hinteler

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 09:01 am
@Olivier5,
I've been in the garages in the pit lane at a Nürburgring 24 hours race, when a friend drove there his 1000 rallye. (Drove the car, too, but not in the race.)
Olivier5

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 09:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah, it was big on rallyes. Very agile car.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
Psst. I think the Simca 1000 was the "clay model" for the Trabant.
THe only car I could ever beat with my Rnault Dauphine (Gordini) was a Simca.

farmerman

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:07 pm
@farmerman,
  https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th/id/OIP.Qhr7_LeCcaqwA4ydo0GxmwHaFj?w=219&h=164&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7                                                              OUTTA THE WAY PUSSIES---- HERES A MAAAN"S CAR

wooomgeeeee woooomgeeee (That was the sounds the little thin'g make when winding up. Like a rubber band on steroids
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:21 pm
@farmerman,
Yep. German cars are just my way of compensating for those humiliating days.

The Simcas were actually very fun cars though. Mine were a bit later than the 1000. Had giant 1200 cc engines.