Mustang vs Camaro

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:17 am
WOW! So you beat people in faster cars who can't drive stick. You and your 86 Vette are God. Uh, what if...you race another automatic that's faster? Manual transmissions are faster given there isn't a brain amputee victim behind the wheel.

"Prestige and pu$$y that comes with the vette(1986!!!)" HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jackass. Does the Black Sabbath cassette blasting through your t-tops add to the prestige factor? What about the John Deere mesh hat?

Yes. When I see an 86 Vette, first thought is "wow, that guy's got it made."
0 Replies

JAPTINZ

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:38 am
Anybody with a real love for cars, never gets into a serious argument about them, they may bicker and say,well id say the my 67 fastback can kill your Nomad, but this brand loving crap is dumb. look at me my mom has a 98 mustang GT. I have a 1975 datsun Z that, in a couple of weeks is going to have a first gen sbc in it. YES a Chevy engine in a "RICEBURNER". All my life I've loved cars. Respecting but lot liking Chevys and drooling over the BOSS 9s of the 60s. I've said since I was 8 years old I was getting a mustang. Even looking at an 88 fox body. Now what a Nissan with a chevy motor. Brand loyalty is dumb, a fast cars a fast car regardless if its Ford, Chevy, Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette, Cobra, or even a Honda Civic. I dont care anymore. I just have a very expensive addiction to speed Smile.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:19 am
Well said. You're a car lover or you're not. Loyalty to a badge because you think it's more bad-ass is kind of dumb.

It's pathetic though when people identify themselves by their cars, or look for social status through them...for instance claiming an outdated 'vette brings prestige and pu$$y.

Still laughing over that one.
0 Replies

JAPTINZ

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:10 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
WOW! So you beat people in faster cars who can't drive stick. You and your 86 Vette are God. Uh, what if...you race another automatic that's faster? Manual transmissions are faster given there isn't a brain amputee victim behind the wheel.

"Prestige and pu$$y that comes with the vette(1986!!!)" HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jackass. Does the Black Sabbath cassette blasting through your t-tops add to the prestige factor? What about the John Deere mesh hat?

Yes. When I see an 86 Vette, first thought is "wow, that guy's got it made."

BLACK SABBATH KICKS ASS!
0 Replies

camarodude11

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:05 pm
dude my camaro could easily beat your crappy mustang. i have a L78 396 with 375hp@560. so dont talk trash about Chevy's. Because Chevy is the best
0 Replies

JAPTINZ

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
camarodude11 wrote:
dude my camaro could easily beat your crappy mustang. i have a L78 396 with 375hp@560. so dont talk trash about Chevy's. Because Chevy is the best

What year is your camaro and what have you done to it.
0 Replies

fast z

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 01:42 am
I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE IS YOUR O3 O4 COBRA SUPERCHARGERS LIKE TO CRAP OUT WITH A PULLEY SWAP .ALL YOU COBRA dudes TALK ALL THAT 500 RWHP WITH APULLEY AND SOME EXHAUST AND HERE AND THERE, WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT HIGHEST HP DOSENT MEAN FASTER TIMES THAN A LESSER PEAK HP.MY 02 Z WAS A FREAK FROM THE FACTORY WITH AN LS6 BOTTOM END.25% 0F 02 F BODYS HAVE THIS ZO6 BOTTOM END WITH BETTER ROD BOLTS AND OIL AND COOLANT PASSAGES.CAM R/RS LTS DYNO TUNE MAKES A GOOD 435 HP AND 431 TQ TO THE WHEELS.BUT I SEEM TO SPANK THE SNAKE TURD OUT OF YOUR BASSANNI ASSES.WHAT YOU NEED IS A KENNY BELLE.THAT PULLEY IS ONLY FOR THE MEAN TIME.OOPS CAN I SAY AFR HEADS AND A 150 SHOT.SUCK MY SIX SPEED.410 GEARED ASS ADD IT UP HEADS GIVE 40 HP THATS 575 RWHP AND ITLL LAST FOREVER.SUPERCHARGER SMELLS COOKED DONT IT
0 Replies

wayne chipman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 12:19 pm
Camaro verses Mustang
First the only ones you can compare are 69 camaros and 67 thru 69 mustang fastbacks. The rest of the bunch run a distant second to these models. I have a 350 4 speed camaro that I would run against any vette with a normally aspirated small block. Just for info a 1983 z28 will smoke any vette of those years or prior on a real road course. As far as comparing camaros and mustangs. Simply which body style do you prefer. As far as them competing against each other . Heads up on the racing factor. Basically the cars are not much different it comes down to who built the better car and who is driving. As far as the new ones they are garbage unless you are into plastic. The camaros had a subframe so they could survive nose hits better. I love both cars but have leaned towards the camaros and chevys as they are more friendly when it comes to buying parts. But even a diehard chevy fan will admit that only one company builds trucks and that is ford of course. chevy and dodge are simply cars that look like trucks
0 Replies

wayne chipman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 12:30 pm
Camaro vs Mustang
My 69 Camaro is bad I dont identify with badges as a 67 fastback mustang would grab me also. I am a chick magnet to begin with wether I am on foot or driving a bad ass car, although having a chick magnet car is cool also. I do not know where that other guy gets his info but as far as I know REAL chicks are into american muscle MY wife accepts the fact I am a chick magnet but she still let me have my camaro. I have a sticker she bought me for the back window that says ( My other toy has hooters ) Pretty cool huh.. Next I want to find a cat whistle horn for it. I also need to find a parking lot to do some smoke show pictures for car craft magazine. I live at the end of the world if I drove my Camaro into a big city I am afraid I would get distracted by women baring their breasts when they catch sight of me in my car.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:26 pm
Lash Goth wrote:
My high school boyfriend had a metallic silver Camaro Z28, with red and orange lines around that thingie on the hood. It was the baddest ride for three counties around.

Raced it regularly. Never lost. Went around Dead Man's Curve at 115 mph.

They still talk about it.

Later, he totalled it with me inside. Damn gravel.
Miraculously, no injuries. God takes care of idiots.
Still speed.
Watch for gravel.

I will find a reference for my obviously unmatched Brown Bomber.

So far, just this.

~Lash
0 Replies

BraggStang

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 05:16 am
I live in Fayetteville NC, I go to the track most Sundays for T+T, I get eaten alive by most Camaro SS's....... I have a 03 Mustang GT(P) I plan on spraying her with a 125 shot, then I will be the victor!!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
You know, I've been in Michigan for six months now, and haven't seen a single "new" Mustang on the road. Not one. All that I've seen have been of the previous genre.

No new Camaros either, but that is beside the point. Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:34 am
thats because they fall apart to quick cj. Laughing
0 Replies

95 Z28

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:13 pm
Mustangs Vs. Camero's
You know i'm about sick of people thinking that people who drive camero's are all beer drinkin mullet head redneck. I honestly have never seen a person with a mullet pull up in a nice camero that was clean and fast. To say that mustangs are such high class cars are a joke. whenever i compare the look of the 1980 and the early 1990 model mustangs, the camero's have always had them beat in looks. Whenever mustangs sold there soul and became compact cars with a boxy look and a smaller engine, they were just trashy looked trashy. Yeah it was a smart thing to make the car to sell for convenience, that's why they kept selling so many of them, but the camero's have almost always kept the same great look to them and never lost there horses. And to everyone who loves there mustangs, thats great, you gotto love your car, but don't ever stereotype others because that's retarted. $10 says i'm smarter faster and get more pussy than any one of you mustang f****rs!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:00 pm
You get more pu$$y than ANYONE who drives a Mustang? Wow, you're a stud.

Newsflash: neither car is "classy."

That being said, I always liked Camaros, and would rather drive a 5.7 torque monster vs. a 5.0, with manual. Even though now I like the early 90's Mustangs...5-spd, LX(not GT with the cheesy ground effects) and pony wheels.

I probably already posted that last paragraph 4 years ago when this thread started, but I'm not going to go back and read.

You know, this thread is like herpes. Doesn't quite go away.
0 Replies

santos cruz 25

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 03:17 am
Mustang Vs camaro
I own a Camaro and I've raced acouple of times against a mustang. I admit that mustang will always beat camaro off the line but the camaro has the topend and will always catch up and as for imports them rice burners stock have nothing on american muscle.
0 Replies

ament

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:17 pm
I am sorry to bring back such an old post but I just stumbled upon it, early in someone said that no production Camaro/Firebird could stay with the Terminator Cobra.........its called the TTA. Stock TTAs ran 12s and when modded could easily run 10s. Now, thats an 89 that can keep up/beat pretty much all mustangs produced to this day, and can even keep up with the new GT500, so who really is on top?
0 Replies

Reality101

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 12:04 pm
lol
Sorry dude, I don't believe you. I beat way too many Iroc Z and Z-28 to think that a 1990 factory Camaro RS could beat a station wagon much less a Mustang GT like the one I had that was an 88 or my 94. That was before the work while they were factory. Cool made up story, dude. Before you say I am bashing Camaros I own a 94 LT 1 Z 28 and it is very fast! Not slow like a 90 RS! LMAO!
0 Replies