Mustang vs Camaro

SS Drago

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 02:15 pm
No, there was limited production of the ZL1, there is one at a local dealership here in knoxville, if you look up the West Chevy website here you'll see it for sale.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:25 pm
Ah, I see. Those are not made by Chev though. They are made by an aftermarket performance company called GMMG, so they aren't really "production cars".
0 Replies

killer91

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:01 am
Adrian wrote:
Ah, I see. Those are not made by Chev though. They are made by an aftermarket performance company called GMMG, so they aren't really "production cars".
The cars were produced by Chevy, and GMMG was most likley contracted to do the performance work to them. So to me it sounds like those cars are technically production.
0 Replies

thatoneguy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:53 am
Holy ****. I can't believe that nobody on this forum knows what they're talking about. First of all, BUILD QUALITY, Mustang is better than the Camaro and is easier to drive. (i.e. Blind spots not as bad, more comfortable driving position.) Second of all, any stock Z28/SS/Trans Am/ Formula wheather its an LT1 or an LS1 will hang any stock mustang GT its ass on a platter. Third of all, Z28/SS/TA/Formula vs. Mach 1 / 94-99, 2001 Cobra will also hand them their ass. GM under-rated the Fbodys with the LS1s in them so they don't lose any potential Corvette customers and most 98 and 99 F-Bodys dyno @300-310 to the wheels, while 2000 and up F-Bodys do in the neighbourhood of 320whp due to the use of the LS6 intake manifold. In 2002 there was 69 ZL-1 Camaros made, and they all have the LS6 in them out of the 2003 z06 Vettes. There is only one ZL1 making 770hp and that is the ZL1 prototype that uses a 572 c.i. GMPP motor. It runs a 9.44 @144MPH in the 1/4. Fourth of all, 2003-2004 Cobra will hand a stock SS Camaro its ass. And why the hell do you even say "if you put this on that it'll be faster"..well, maybe so, but then its not stock is it. And whoever said that theyre making 400hp out of a fox body with bolt on, please do us all a favor and kill yourself. In fact, let me know where you live and I will do it for you, because that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Now that I have all the bases covered, good day to you all.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
Thatoneguy said "retard"... Wink
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:57 am
heh heh....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:59 am
I have a friend who had a retarded-fast Mustang. I think it was a '94 convertible...won a car show, was in a magazine, something like 580-600hp, supercharged, ran the 1/4 in around 11 sec(or quicker?) with street tires. I don't know why he'd do this...the thing was like $50K all said and done, then the motor popped and he sold it for $15K.
0 Replies

thatoneguy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:27 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I have a friend who had a retarded-fast Mustang. I think it was a '94 convertible...won a car show, was in a magazine, something like 580-600hp, supercharged, ran the 1/4 in around 11 sec(or quicker?) with street tires. I don't know why he'd do this...the thing was like $50K all said and done, then the motor popped and he sold it for $15K.

Hahhaha, i had the same thing happen to a guy that went to my school. He put around $20k into a fast ass civic trying to "be different"...the motor blew up and he sold it for like $3,000. Plus if you want to be different, dont buy a civic. The dude was a schmuck.
0 Replies

slpss

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:41 pm
mustang vs camaro
Ok now fella's let's be realistic here. Now I have always been Ford man myself, and i loved the mustangs growing up. But when it came time for ME to buy the muscle car of my dreams I had to pick the Ls1 motor of the any mustang. Now dont get me wrong i love mustangs but after driving both cars the SS just took me in with its torquey ls1. And jsut for the record , GM under-rated the ss in horsepower form the factory... it is pumpin out about 20 more than its rated. Another factore that played into me buying the SS was the performance upgrades available for the ls1. I now have my ss up to about 450 horses at the flywheel without a supercharger. Hell, new long tube headers, intake manifold, and exhaust system will give u aroudn 80 horses
0 Replies

adeane2000

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:24 am
Stock Camaro Times
My best friend has an auto z28 ls1(which are proven to have quicker times than the six speed). When it was bone stock he ran a 13.7 on streets and a 8.70 in the 1/8th. He has done no motor work, a few basic bolt ons, such as full straight pipes, ram air intake, 3.73's, predator chip, and a 3500rpm stall. He just ran a 7.70 in the 8th. And this week at MIR imports vs. domestic, he ran a best of 12.60, which was a disappointment, because he couldn't get traction, his best 1/8th that day was an 8.30, but with slicks, he is a potential 12.0 - 12.2
0 Replies

slpss

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 07:47 am
camaro vs mustang
Ya i definatly believe that. I am a fan of the z28's also... i mean i have the ss model, but hell the ss is a z28 with different hood exhaust wheels and suspension... plus a few different things under the hood.... so im a firm believer that the z28's will still smoke most of the v 8 stangs. So hell if u were to choose mustang or camaro.... z28 mihgt be the way to go..u can find a real nice z28 for a hell of a lot cheaper than a real nice ss and use that extra money that u wud have spent on an ss to put under the hood of ure z28 Surprised
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 07:51 am
You guys like the 2005 Mustang?

I think it's an extremely cool looking car, but one problem: in 6 months they'll be all over the damn place. They start around $18K. So while I like them now, I'll be sick of seeing them soon enough.
0 Replies

slpss

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 07:57 am
camaro vs mustang
Im thinkin i love the way the body is towards the back.... even my gpa said he wants one because it reminds him of the fastbacks and the shelbys of the 60's and 70's. Personally i do like them... but like u said ... u will see them allllll over!! just like u do now , and people get tired of seeing them just like me and you!
0 Replies

slpss

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 07:34 am
mustang vs camaro
and jsut for the record.. the ss and ws6 are basically the same cars... same motor in them and they perfor, just about the same also. The ss is slightley fatser than the ws6 because of the 1s6's extra 400 pounds.
0 Replies

rcarreno

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
Mustang vs Camaro
I recently bought a 2004 mustang with a 3.9 liter v6 and i have on many occassions beat 6 cylinder camaros with ease. Yes, it is true that a z-28 and ss camaro will beat old model gt's, but not the new 05 gt's running 0- 60 in 5.2 seconds. This doesnt include the new model cobras and so on which will be exceptionally faster.
0 Replies

slpss

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:49 pm
mustang vs camaro
No way even the new 2005 mustang gt beat even a stock ls1 ss. the peak horsepower on the new model gt's are 300 horse and the ss is rated from the factory at 335.. and thats underating it.... and ure right the new cobras will beat a 99 ss but put headers and an intake manifold and exhaust on the ss u will smoke the cobra... and still not be spending nearly as much
0 Replies

SS Drago

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:29 am
The way I see it The LS1 puts out far more power then the mustang 289 c.i. plus with the Ls1 you have a greater ability to produce power. Also in just about any race the cars get into the LS1 lowend power is what makes the car so much better to have, rather then a high reving 289 c.i.

As for the ZL1, there was 13 phase 1 ZL1 Camaros made that were stock SS camaros with a corvette suspention added, the 13 phase 2 Camaros made added the LS6 corvette motor, the 43 pahse 3 ZL1 camaros came with a 427 c.i. motor that chevy has rated at 600hp but the dyno output on the engine is over 700hp. If your gonna talk about the ZL1 get your facts straight first. The largest engine a Camaro has ever had is a 454 but the big block that the Camaro is most known for is the Yenko 427 hence why it was in the 2002 ZL1. Camaros don't have room for a 571 engine, a 502 Ram Jet hardly fits.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 01:20 pm
Camaros suck.

http://www.StupidVideos.com/?VideoID=320
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:09 pm
Wow, a minivan running the quarter in the 12's...someone's got too much time on their hands.
0 Replies

tlake

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:02 pm
The Mustang is good, but it never had the style that the Camaro Z/28 or Trans Am had in their prime. Then in the 80s, 90s The GM cars had bigger and more powerful 350s, so I side with the Camaro (GM F body).

Camaro Z/28

Trans Am SE 400
0 Replies