Mustang vs Camaro

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:00 pm
I really like both of these cars. But in an objective comparison which would win. I lean toward the Mustang but admit to liking cars for their looks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 106,109 • Replies: 177
No top replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
Craven, I thought you were young! This question was the constant #1 question back in the middle sixties. It would get proven all the time in the back streets of America. I had a 1968 Opel Kadet Rally Sport. I would shut down Mustangs all the time in the 1/4 mile. It would blow people's minds. But, let the race go a little further and I would be shut down. These cars were built for European style road races, Mustang for stock. Had a firebird (basic Camero) - it sure had muscle.

How are you gone blow each car out, tires, suspensions, etc. The races today are won with crews. What will the track look like, distance, year of vehicle and engine?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
I sure am young, I hate the look of those old cars. I liked the Vettes (Stingray) but didn't like the boxy cars of days gone by.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:34 pm
1955-57 TBird has always been my #1 desired car!

http://oregonfreeads.com/ad_images/4048.jpg

1968 Opel Kadett Rally Sport

These were not boxy cars!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 10:25 pm
Sorry, but neither is all that in my opinion. I prefer an import.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 10:29 pm
Okay..so I have a soft spot for Machs but, I still have to just say
F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead

Smile

A chevy lover at heart Ill always be!

Of course, theres all kinds of cars out there that you know..Id take
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:30 pm
Bill you might want to hit me but I consider that boxy.

I like sleek and modern.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:34 pm
In 1968 it was sleek and modern - my brother and I bought it while still in high school. I also owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse 1991 and another in 1994. They were sleek and modern in their time also.

Couldn't afford a 1955 TBird or a Vet. Now I have a 1997 Ford Ranger - practical!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:36 pm
BTW, did you see the 2004 reintroduce GTO I included on the other thread - what's you opinion on that one. I like to see cars up close and personal before I make a decision.

I have always wanted to have an MG, Triumph or Astin Healey also.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:46 pm
I didn't like the GTO that much but happen to love the Eclipse. I bought one back then too but was too young to drive (bought it because my group of friends totaled another friend's car).
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:48 pm
Like I said before, I never really cared for the muscle cars, I always wanted the finese cars!
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:52 pm
My high school boyfriend had a metallic silver Camaro Z28, with red and orange lines around that thingie on the hood. It was the baddest ride for three counties around.

Raced it regularly. Never lost. Went around Dead Man's Curve at 115 mph.

They still talk about it.

Later, he totalled it with me inside. Damn gravel.
Miraculously, no injuries. God takes care of idiots.
Still speed.
Watch for gravel.
0 Replies

SpeedyZ28

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2003 09:33 pm
Camaro is King
The Mustang might sell better but in terms of performance you can't beat the Camaro!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=3480
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:22 am
I bought a brand-new Mustang, black over red, in 1980, the year I graduated from college. I liked it a lot, but I remember it the most for an incident that occurred a couple of summers later. I had three of my best girls--the woman I married, her sister, and another friend--with me and we were coming back from a day at the beach when the door-open-buzzer came on. And stayed on. All the way home--about two hours. It did other odd things electrically as well. And rattled. A lot.

My wife's car is a '97 Camaro RS, bought it for her as her birthday present spanking new six years ago, black with chrome wheels, deep tint, low ground effects, 43K miles. She loves it and it has run like a champ.

My niece got a black Mustang for graduation last summer--just what she wanted.

I slightly prefer the Bowties over the Blue Ovals.

But I've driven a Lexus for the past four years and won't ever drive anything else if I can help it.
0 Replies

roby009

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:40 pm
Ill find out which is better in about a month... i have an 89 mustang lx... 351w... built preaty good... and i just got a 85 camaro z28... 305 tpi.. nothing yet done to the motor... when one of these do you all think is going to make me happy.... meaning how they ride, comfort and things like that
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 03:36 pm
Oh yes...Mustang vs. Camara', the debate heard around the good ol' US in dive redneck bars.
Ok, I've owned two firebirds: a 1983 Trans Am 5-spd, and a 1987 Firebird V6. Both sh!tboxes.

What do you mean "who would win?" Although they stopped making the firebird/camaro, the last few current years they slightly outperformed the Mustangs stock for stock, but the Mustangs outsold the GM's. They've been more popular since the 80's.
Although the only American car I like is the Corvettes(I do like mustangs and camaros, but probably wouldn't buy one), driving those V8's with a manual is a lot of fun.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 03:44 pm
I had no idea there were so many Italians here....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 03:45 pm
Oops, I meant people from New Jersey...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 04:14 pm
Get one of these:

http://www.bmwboard.com/gallery/data/502/458bmw_003-med.jpg?8311
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 11:26 am