aimeemarie123's relationships suck... tell me what you think

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:59 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Ironically, I'd like to go out with a girl who pays for everything too...women are an expensive hobby.

Not as expensive a hobby as Faberge eggs though.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:09 pm
Can't understand the problem. Stop worrying about it - live life yourself. Do things you enjoy. Make male friends whose company you like, even if you don't want to have any "action" with them. That way, you'll soon end up getting to know guys who like the same kind of things you do and have been vetted by people you like.

Then - you'll have the problem that you like your life the way it is and what's this guy bugging you about dates? You've got so much to do, you'll only just fit him in on a Wednesday night...and you'll score, provided you keep your eyes open, because you'll be in control and not desperate...both of which are the kind of challenge that guys can't fail to step up to.

Now for me to take my own advice!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:11 pm
I am with Kitchenpete on this one.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:18 pm
Yea. Just relax and have fun.

And don't forget my advice about whoring it up too...that's always the good time.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:03 pm
I have to admit I don't need to whore up all that much, the other night at the club you had to ahow your boobies to get beads, kind of a mardi gras theme. I ended up with about 15 strands of beads, I never showed my boobs once. my friend kristen said it is because I am a good dancer that I got all of those beads. all i know is i had a low cut backless shirt on and a knee length skirt... no whory at all? why did I get so many beads? do you think it was because I dance really well?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:17 pm
Maybe because you danced so badly, they felt bad for you? I don't know, I haven't seen you shake your boom boom.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:25 pm
I wore a frontless backless top and a sliver of a belt for skirt and I was run out of the place with sticks. Do you think it was because I asked for a milk for my pet python?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:45 pm
no, it was bcos of your grey feathers.
and you kept pecking the floor with your beak...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:47 pm
Yeah the chicken-dance - I LOVE that dance!
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:35 pm
Hi Aimeemarie! I had this thought, it came to me because the tone of your post sounded desperate. I'm sure it's because you're frustrated. But, there it is.

Personally, you sound like the kind of girl any nice, employed guy would want. Truly. What you seem to lack is self-confidence. I know this doesn't happen overnight. But it does take some practice. Your lack of a man, does not make you less of a woman. Yes. Men are great. But not at the expense of your self-esteem. (Or your financial future!) My Rx - go out, do your thing. Live your life to it's potential, just throw the old "I'm so lonely" crap right out of your head. Lonely is a state of mind. Get yours right. You are not "alone" - you are selective. "Alone" does not mean you are not attractive, a great dancer, funny, a good lover, ambitious, intellectually stimulating or a real catch. Your youth, this time in your life is precious. You'll realize this when you are older. Do not waste your youth looking for "him". Focus on "you". This is your time. Be mindful. It's a gift. It really is.

In my experience, when I met "Mr. Right", I was not looking. I had finally decided, hey, dating is boring, especially if the selection is average, so hell with it, I am going to pursue my goals, have fun and that is that. Then...you guessed it. One night, out with my rambunctious girlfriends, "Mr. Right" asked me to dance, and the rest as they say.....is history.

What made it sweeter, was I was finally confident about who I was and I was really myself with him. The good and the bad. Ironically, he revealed to me later, after we had become more serious, that he loved my confidence. He loved the fact that I'm independent. He said it makes me more interesting. So - there you have it. I'm interesting lol. But I'm happy and that's what life should be about. Why spend time being sad? Best to you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:15 pm
Samantha is a smart woman...
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:48 pm
everyone is so helpful. I have an update... I went out thursday night, friday night, and saturday night. met a nice guy named phil... I thought that he was interested but now I just think he was interested in a friends relationship. which is fine. brandon made my night on thursday by telling me that I looked really good. I was wearing a pleated denim skirt, a pink tank top with a peak of cleavage, and my wedge heal shoes that tie around that ankle. I though i looked really cute but when my good friend tells me that i feel good about my self. but i think that I am done looking for a guy.
on friday night I wore a kneelength denim skirt a black shirt with pink hearts on it, and black open toed heals. I stood around all night talking with phil and this guy scott. we had a blast then we went to this really ghetto dance club... stayed for about 5 min... then told phil that I wanted to leave and he agreed. so me jared and phil left and went back to the brewery.

last night i wore tan capri pants, my wedge heal shoes and a yellow tank top. we all went to see a band. it was a lot of fun. then we went to get breakfast and saw gr's car parked outside so I was afraid that he was going to be at the diner, no but ed peed on gr's car i thought it was funny because ed is supposed to be gr's best friend... well any way had an interesting week end. but I didn't hang out with any girls at all I was the only girl.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:56 pm
Isn't there a "what are you wearing thread"? Just joking. Sounds like you had an interesting time.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:58 pm
see what I was wearing went along with going out and meeting people... even though I am one of the guys.... always one of the guys.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:01 pm
Yeah, I could tell that you were relating the clothes you were wearing with the going out stuff, I just needed someone to razz.
I know what you mean, feeling like one of the guys. The first time almost in my life I no longer feel like one of the guys. I was a tomboy growing up, I know all about that.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:31 am
am123 - sounds like you had a good time. Who knows when one of these boys will have a new guy turn up (met on the basketball court, or whatever - the way guys make new friends)...could be what you're looking for and has already been OK'ed by your friends. That's always the best way.

Good for you. KP

(I know I'm a pedant but shoes have "heels" not "heals")
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:16 pm
so I can't spell. I am not a writer so spelling is not my best thing.
I think I am going to ask jared to go see spiderman with me tomorrow. what do you all think?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
I think you should see Dodgeball instead.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 10:39 am
i chickened out and didn't ask him... I guess I will just wait and see how things go tonight when I go out. although jason is going out tonight as well and I haven't seen him since our break up in january... that should be interesting... I know it is going to be semi painful. why do I put myself in thesesituations? because I still want to be friends with him...
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 11:23 pm
aimeemarie -

Do you travel for fun? My girlfriends and I would go on trips together, we went on cruise ships to Mexico and the Caribbean. What a blast! Keep yourself busy with activities that interest you. For example, I've taken up archery. Maybe its the whole Lord of the Rings thing, but what a fun sport and interesting history archery has. What ever you do, you must let Jason come to you; even for friendship, otherwise, you will continue to be frustrated at his lack (?) of interest. Don't waste your time. Move on...you will meet others once you focus on other things. (Other things meaning you! Remember - Self-Confidence!) Best to you!
0 Replies