What was the first video game you played?

carrie

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:51 am
That tennis type game where you have a stick each and a ball bouncing about on a black screen...the controls were dials and the console was orange...very seventies... it was my mums before i got my hands on it...after that...pacman! xx
0 Replies

wordworker

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 12:25 am
"Mrs. Pac-Man." I was the only thing to do while I was staying in a hotel while on business. I think I played till my wrist hurt.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
Welcome scribe...ms pac-man was awfuly popular
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:05 pm
boxing and combat on the atari... oh boy the memories... man do i miss it... but the first game i started playing seriously was Mario brothers...
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:17 am
I also started with Atari- Pong, Combat, DonkeyKong...
Does anyone remember Alex Kidd for sega? Lost a lot of time with that one. Laughing
0 Replies

cabanna buddah

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:12 pm
wolfpack by broderbund
panzade wrote:
Hey! Can anybody help me find my absolute favorite PC game? It's called "Wolfpack"; put out by Broderbund. I'd love to buy a copy.

I have also been looking for Wolfpack, but so far I have been un able to find it if you have forund out anything will you please let me know.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:00 am
This might help,

http://www.classicpcgames.com/?p=download&ei=Wolfpack
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:10 am
Thanks, I once found a copy on ebay but moved too slowly.
Another favorite is Flying Corps Gold where you lead a squadron in WWI France.
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:42 pm
Warlords for Atari.
Still one of my favorite games.
0 Replies

xbox rulez

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:27 am
i played tetris for the 1st game boy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:23 am
Me too, very addictive
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:52 am
I loved completing it, with the rocket blasting off. I also loved Super Mario for the gameboy. I had one of those clip on lights/ magnifying glass. I loved that so much, and think my mum still has it in her loft somewhere.
0 Replies

Polasik

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:57 pm
Rare video Game please help find: Tamper
I used to play this game called Tamper. It was probably the first game i ever played, i have tried searching for it for hours on the internet and have found nothing if anybody can find it , its an awesome game!!! Thanks.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:06 pm
First games I ever played were Circus Atari and Tennis on the ancient Atari console (the one with the wooden trim across the front).
0 Replies

holpar3

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:41 am
megamania, pong, frogger
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
Pong,brand new and in the box. and I could have bought a new Lincoln with all the quarters I pumped into Stargate!!
0 Replies

tlake

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 12:03 pm
I did play the electro-mechanical games like "Spinout" and pinball just before video games took over. Space Invaders was probably the first, Pac Man, but I really liked Galaxian. A little later I got hooked on Namco's Rally-X, and Donkey Kong came out the same year (1981). The arcade was at the top of a shopping complex and they demolished it in '81 so I went elsewhere to play. Crying or Very sad Later still I discovered Data East's "Bump N' Jump". Anyone remember that? Top down game with little car driving though a changing background (spring, summer etc) as it bumped other vehicles and then you jumped over stuff like water. That would have been about 1983/84. Then the video game industry crashed, never went back to an arcade since. Sad
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 12:24 pm
Missile Command. I still like the cheesy graphics.
0 Replies

Ryoomi

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
My first video game i ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog, thats why i love it so much
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:04 am
There was a green rectangle on the right, a green rectangle on the left, and a green dot that represented a ball, like, tennis ball ...

That was the first game I played on a computer. (Well, my dad had this keyboard thing that you plugged into the TV).

But before that (I think it was before that), there was this annoying game the size of half your hand, which my mother's friends' annoying children played all the way to Switzerland (Austria?) in the van when we went skiing ... it had a primitive Donald Duck or something on the screen, and something with eggs you had to put in a basket - or something of the sort?
0 Replies