What was the first video game you played?

Thaiva

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:13 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Quote:
...anyone remember the old skool Game Boys and how big they were?!?

Shocked Laughing Very Happy Smile Neutral Sad

Anyone remember when you had to go to an arcade at the mall if you wanted to play video games?

no, but i remembered that the video games at home were worse than the ones at the arcade, so the arcade it was for the day...... * sighs*.... video games have changed so much in the past 5 years........
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:16 pm
Mine was Sonic The Hedgehog, and ever since that i've been hocked on games!
WHAT A CLASSIC!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:23 pm
music-lover wrote:
Mine was Sonic The Hedgehog, and ever since that i've been hocked on games!
WHAT A CLASSIC!

Laughing I am not laughing at you music-lover....I am laughing at the idea that Sonic is a classic. Makes me feel very, very old.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:27 pm
I can't remember the very first.....Oh wait.....it was this computer game called Trucker on a floppy (when floppy disks were actually floppy) disk for Commodore 64. Wow....was that ever a computer system.... Laughing there weren't even graphics to this game....it was all written....really weird but somehow fun.

Then it was Space Invaders and Pitfall. I loved Pitfall....the old version, not the new one. Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:39 pm
Your description of "Trucker" got me to thinking about another game we used to play on the Apple II ... Zork. Anyone else remember that real classic?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:50 pm
Zork - The name rings a bell.

But that is probably because my first game was pong. Then I played a lot of asteroids in college. Then there was the text version of Dungeons on the college main frame. Zork came later.

With the new movie coming out, someone just happened to mention the old "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" game that was out about that time, also text based. I remember playing it on a LisaII computer.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:37 am
Pong was my first game as well. And, yes, Zork came much later ...

Code:<throw the sack at the troll ...

The troll, who is remarkably well-coordinated, catches the brown sack and, not having the most discriminating taste, eats it. The flat of the troll's axe hits you on the head. ...

.... and I also remember playing the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" text-based adventure game.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:43 am
Remember Tron? Did anyone play that?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:00 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Remember Tron? Did anyone play that?

Yes. I remember going to see the movie, then playing the game. I wasn't very good at it, and didn't really care for the game.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:01 am
I wasn't either. And the sound effects/music were horrid. I hated them.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:02 am
Pong naturally.
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:37 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Pong naturally.
i've never actully played pong, what is it?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:53 pm
Pong for me too. It wasn't long after that I used a TI99A and wrote my own pong games. The mystery was now gone :-)

Pong was a sort of ping pong computer game. You had paddles of varying sizes and you just hit the ball back and forth. Really, we really did that....yes we did :-D

You can get an idea of it here
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:54 pm
Intrepid, i just played your game, fun! I put a passsword in to play again and it wouldn't accept me :-( i was rejected, how sad.

Good job on the game...Yes you did! Laughing
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:04 am
"Space Travel" on a Multics system, early 70's.
There may have been a Towers of Hanoi game in there too, couple
years before Pong changed everything. Whatever.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 05:22 am
turtlette wrote:
Intrepid, i just played your game, fun! I put a passsword in to play again and it wouldn't accept me :-( i was rejected, how sad.

Good job on the game...Yes you did! Laughing

No, no....that is not MY game. I just picked that one cause it shows what the pong game looks like. Mine is still on tape somewhere with the TI99A computer
Laughing
0 Replies