What was the first video game you played?

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:58 pm
I don't remember the name of the first game I played. But I only played it for a few minutes. I started playing in earnest when I was about 12 or so and I played Mario Duck Hunt a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 16,948 • Replies: 195
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:28 pm
If my mind isn't playing tricks, I do believe it was Pac-Man!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:28 pm
pong
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:39 pm
Pong for me, too. I thought it was fantastic!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:04 pm
Pong for me too. I think the first machine I ever used had a switch on the side labeled "Pong/Tennis". The only differnce between the two was Pong had a grey background and Tennis was green. My how things have changed since the early 1970s... lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:32 pm
eeyep, pong
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:49 pm
Then it was Asteroids. That really hooked me!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:52 pm
Pong then asteroids. Is this a parallel universe or what?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:53 pm
Pong, then basketball (Atari 400, or whatever it started at), then Ka-Boom!, then Combat...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:54 pm
http://www.pagine70.com/1/videogiochi/images/PONG.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:58 pm
I worked in bar in which a Space Invaders machine was installed. I used to take quarters from my tip jar to go play when things were slow. Then one day, one of the customers asked me if i was in the 100 club. When i asked him what he meant, he said those who had spent $100 or more on Space Invaders. We'd had the machine about two or three weeks at that point. I stopped playing immediately.

About 16 or 17 years later, i got a Sega, and one of the Shining Force games. I remember it fondly, and if i could get my hands on an old console and all of the Shining Force cartridges, i'd get right back into it. I've been an RPG addict ever since. Last night i loaded the "Darkest Day" hack for the Infinity Engine used in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It is way cool--i'm hooked all over again on an old game made suddenly new.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:20 pm
PONG, in High School. At College in the Student Union they had both PONG and ASTEROIDS, a black-and-white game where you maneuvered a little arrow-shaped spaceship and blasted approaching asteroids into harmless bits.
The Campus computer, which ran on punch cards, could play a Star Trek game, but there was no video so it typed out a new grid
after every move. Took forever to play.

AND WE HAD TO WALK 20 MILES THRU SNOW TO PLAY 'EM, AND WE WERE GLAD! GLAD! YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS THINK YOU GOT IT SO ROUGH...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:23 pm
space invaders was definitely the early game I played most often. Pac-man didn't do much for me. We had an early PC and we played an action-adventure game called The Castle of Ert.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:44 pm
Eej, my first game was probably pong as well.
Then came an atari console, with space invaders... A grerat moment of pride was when I finished level 99 and came back to level 1! Played some pacman too... Good old days...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:46 pm
The home game I was hopelessly addicted to was Miner 2049er. Nobody I've mentioned it to has heard of it. Anybody out there remember it? Squat little guy running around a uranium mine?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:55 pm
Pong, then asteroids, then space invaders occasionally. Anyone else here hang around Tony's Pizza in the arcade room? I think we're dating ourselves.

Later in life I got addicted to Doom, but now I just goof around online.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:56 pm
But not without protective mask - is that after effects from doom?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:04 pm
I LOVED Space Invaders. And Phoenix. Phoenix? Is that right?
Yeah! Phoenix
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:11 pm
Magnavox Odyssy. Early home 'video game' Had a varient of Pong and some other things, like a light gun, but most of the games worked with some sort of plastic screen overlay, because it was all just pong.

Hustle on the old TRS-80. Conway's life (and trek) on the high school PDP-8...

Anyone remember Space War? Buddy of mine and I dropped a roll of quarters in one go. Not quarter, quarter quarter, but we fed the whole damn roll and played ofr, I think, sixty minutes straight.

But!

Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:12 pm
UHOH! 80s arcade games online
0 Replies