When shockwave continually crashes

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:44 pm
I have been doing better with IE. Just couldn't get Mozilla and Chrome to function smoothly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 04:29 am
Yesterday I had spells of perfect functioning. But after I visited one site with lots of graphics and activity on it, a long running script problem showed up. I did the first recommended things, but they actually already were done. While in the Internet Options place, I checked on the toolbars. There was one active toolbar on there that had no name and would not provide any information. So I got rid of it and a google toolbar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 06:02 pm
My browsing was having fits, sometimes working well, other times barely doing a thing. Then I noticed a message at the top of a page: Make Google your default and get to this stuff quicker. That's when I decided Google and Bing were fighting for control of the computer. So I severely curtailed Google in every way possible, but let it hang by a thread, because I use Google Images a lot. So far, it's running very smoothly now.
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 06:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
thanks. this might help a few of us with similar problems.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 01:26 pm
Google is savage when it starts losing one's loyalty, I think. The other day I was trying to print the completed portion of my manuscript. When I turned on the printer, unprompted, it printed out a two page message from Google on how to restore it to my computer. And, this morning, my favorites menu refused to function on IE. I had to use the search bar to navigate. Went to tools after a morning of frustration. The Google tool bar was still disabled. But, on search engines allowed, it was listed as enabled, but second to Bing. When I clicked on Google to disable it, the name Google disappeared. I had to play around with it to disable Google. As soon as I went to my home page, the favorites menu began to work and navigation became smooth and much quicker.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 02:11 pm
Same problem. This time instead of disabling Google search, I totally erased it. Once again the computer is functioning smoothly.
0 Replies