When shockwave continually crashes

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 05:40 pm
Happens pretty often. I go to a page on facebook or elsewhere and it crashes. It happened on a2k once or twice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 5,281 • Replies: 65
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've been having that problem on FB (not only today) but not on here.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:03 pm
@Ragman,
I went to Chrome plugins. There was a box for adobe shockwave that read "always allow." I clicked on that. I read there were two shockwaves with chrome, and to disable chrome shockwave, but the chrome shockwave was not apparent any place I looked.
Ragman

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
sorry. I never got into shockwave app. I know I use
Adobe Flash but not sure what app I use instead of shockwave.

Might you have something with your virus protection that changed?

Does it work if you switch over browsers to say Mozilla Firefox?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:10 pm
@Ragman,
I have had the problem for a long time. Recently I changed my antivirus, but as I say I already had that problem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:11 pm
I started to use Mozilla once, but decided against it. Don't recall the reason.
Ragman

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I use it when I think I have browser issues with MS IE. The only gotchya I have with Firefox is the look and feel is different (tabs) and faves and cookies...aren't the cookies and faves I have on IE.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 06:30 pm
Something crashed on IE not that long after I bought this computer, which was the only reason I went to Chrome.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 08:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
See if my instructions on this old thread fixes it.

http://able2know.org/topic/210551-1#post-5279879
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:19 pm
I did find the part with pepperflash and disabled it. I will let you know later on how it does now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:54 pm
Everything seemed good, until I tried to play my game and then I had to go back and enable it again.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 07:17 am
@edgarblythe,
Is it self-loaded game or an online game? Is it only that one game or all video games? Try other online games and see if it happens?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 08:56 am
@Ragman,
Angry Birds

I revisited chrome plugins. Even though shockwave was not separated in two I was able to figure out that Chrome and the other one were indeed operating together. I copied and pasted the chrome address into the search bar, since there was only one disable/able button there. My computer prompted me that that was a bad one for my computer and allowed me to kill it right there. So far, it has been smooth sailing.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:48 am
My computer works as well as it ever did, now. But I think the new keyboard is not that great. It always misses the first stroke, when I just come on line, so that, when I type a sentence, I have to type the first letter two times.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:52 am
@edgarblythe,
good detective work! hoping that works for you. Perhaps you've helped others with a similar problem as well
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:06 am
@edgarblythe,
umm..not clear as to whether or not that phenomenon might be the kybd. it's possible but perhaps not probable.

Here's a thought...it could be the latency issue with whatever is going with delays online..browser, etc. How about when you're offline say in text editing in Word or anything...like writing. Do you still have the same non-response with the first keystroke while in Word?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:25 am
I assumed it was the keyboard because this started happening after I installed it. They aren't too expensive, so I think I will replace that before doing other things.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Sometimes simultaneous problems are not related.

You didn't say whether or not it was happening offline also>?

Can you return it? exchange?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:38 am
@Ragman,
It's a few months old now. I don't recall how it acts on my word processor. I will pay attention next time.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
My guess is that the kybd will behave just fine. It's easy enough to check quickly.

Now, as to myself...I just switched over to a wireless keyboard (needing batteries). I had a unfamiliarity problem as I was hitting the keys because they have a slightly different physical pitch, depth ...etc..so my fingers don't quite settle on how and where to hit the key. I don't assume this is your problem...just a thought, though.

Just try a text msg.....even without your word processing proggie...and see what happens.
0 Replies